Capt Wolf

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-Up and Discussion, Era II

5 minutes ago, TheCubbScout said:

Hey, question, what does it take to get letters of marque so a certain someone can be a privateer? 

A pretty please to the leaders of your faction! :pir-wink:  ( @Capt Wolf and @Legostone )  They'll probably place some restrictions on you... you're hardly likely to get a letter of marque against Corrington, for instance.

You may also be able to find another faction willing to offer a letter of marque too.  Corrington would probably issue you one against the WTC... :pir_tong2:

@TheCubbScout Eslandola is currently not involved in any conflicts or wars, and thus we aren't handing out Letters of Marque.

If you want to, we aren't stopping you from asking other factions if they hand out Letters of Marque, but please only accept them if they don't create a conflict of interest. The simplest solution is probably simply going after the NPC pirates (Independent pirates, not the SR - we are currently not in a conflict with those. Keep your Popped' Corn ready to watch the COR/SR situation); I'm sure if you ask around someone is probably willing to pay some DBs if you manage to capture Zublious van Wreck or any of the bigger guys:pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Legostone said:

@TheCubbScout Eslandola is currently not involved in any conflicts or wars, and thus we aren't handing out Letters of Marque.

Unfortunately (for me anyway), no one is truly at a war footing at the moment.  Corrington and the Sea Rats are sniping a bit, but that has now been trumped by the internal COR disagreement.  Era 2 is has started incredibly peacefully in comparison to Era 1, but the new systems needed a 'shake-down cruise' so it is a good thing tbh.

I'm sure there will a decent war in the future, whether it be NPC vs NPC or PC vs NPC, and then those delicious letter of marques will be back on offer.  There are so many young captains looking for honour, and prize money, that is is pretty inevitable for an inadvertent spark to set things off.

A new build ship from me! :pir-sweet:  Kind of an accident, actually - at least, a totally unpremeditated build! :pir-grin: 

Check out the topic here!

39256948012_e6eff8d9f9_z.jpg

23 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Weelond has an iron foundry, which makes it a Large City! :pir-grin:

Congratulations! Who was the brilliant builder who achieved such a marvelous feat? Oh, never mind... :tongue:

Edited by Drunknok

2 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Congratulations! Who was the brilliant builder who achieved such a marvelous feat? Oh, never mind... :tongue:

And you receive all the credit in the posted build. :wink: Thanks again for a great prize to your Merrynight mini-challenge. :thumbup:

Hey, what's the current tax rate being imposed on foreign vessels? I can't seem to find what it is, and I don't want a repeat of last month. 

15 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, what's the current tax rate being imposed on foreign vessels? I can't seem to find what it is, and I don't want a repeat of last month. 

We are currently not taxing foreign vessels but we are glad if we get an announcement (in a PM is fine) ahead of time so we can plan accordingly :pir-wink:

rumors have it that Renato Filamento might have survived his trip to the jungles ...

31 minutes ago, kabel said:

rumors have it that Renato Filamento might have survived his trip to the jungles ...

Hooray! :D