Capt Wolf

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-Up and Discussion, Era II

Welcome aboard as well!

Feel free to contact me in pm if you have questions about BoBS, ships or whatever you come up with :)

Welcome to the Brick Seas, Keenan Reid! Looking forward to following your story in Terra Nova! :)

8 hours ago, TheCubbScout said:

Whew, I finally got around to getting a decent photograph. 

Anyway, here's Keenan Reid, To-Be Captain of the ship Aguila (I'm chartering a ship the second I get 120db) 

Welcome aboard, great to see someone pay attention to presentation of his MOCs. I am looking forward to see your ship and other MOCs. :-) 

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the game. Also as has been stated your first class2 or lesser ships is free.

Additionally if you have any MOCs ready for which you cannot pay the license fee as a beginner, I am more than willing to support you with a small donation or a loan (once the MOC has been posted, of course). No problem at all, many of us veterans have made more than enough money already.

WelcomeKeenan Reid (@TheCubbScout) to Eslandola. I look forward to your story and background. You will get lots of tips and learn much in your adventures on the Brick Seas :) If there is anything you wonder about, anything at all, you can ask in this thread (it needs a little activity), or the main BoBs introduction thread. For questions of a sensitive nature, you will soon get an invite to the Eslandola PM thread.

Your first ship is free yes, but don't forget you also get a free small land property (approx 16x16 size), to kickstart your cash flow.

One way to present your character further is to try out the Adventure MRCA (AMRCA). You can work out the details as you go.

I'll add my welcomes, @TheCubbScout, but remind people that for access to the PM system you need a post count of at least ten. So, ask questions, comment on recent builds, or just do some in-character banter, and the site leadership will get you added to the Eslandola PM as quickly as possible.

12 hours ago, TheCubbScout said:

Whew, I finally got around to getting a decent photograph. 

Anyway, here's Keenan Reid, To-Be Captain of the ship Aguila (I'm chartering a ship the second I get 120db) 

Because this is technically my 7th-ish build on any Lego-posting website I have a long way to go, but I'm rather exited to get into BOBS. It's gonna be fun. 

Also, as I have more information, I will edit this post with more about Keenan... If that's even possible. 

Keenan Reid Edited.jpg

Welcome aboard! Always good to see new faces around. And those greedy Eslandoodlians need all the help they can get. :pir_tong2:

7 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Welcome aboard as well!

Feel free to contact me in pm if you have questions about BoBS, ships or whatever you come up with :)

I've added him to the Eslandola group PM.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

for access to the PM system you need a post count of at least ten.

I thought that was to start a new PM, not be invited to one. Am I wrong on that?

Welcome aboard @TheCubbScout and take an apple ! :laugh:

dont hesitate to choose between one of the 3 Trade Companies we've got in Eslandola : MCTC, ETWC and MAESTRO ! (shhh...MAESTRO is the best... Shhh)

9 hours ago, Elostirion said:

if you have any MOCs ready

And posting MOCs, i.e. freebuilds, and filling out the webform to report the build is a great way to get some income early on. Your first two freebuilds each month get you 10DBs each (and 5DBs each for the next two if you're really productive).

30 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

dont hesitate to choose between one of the 3 Trade Companies we've got in Eslandola : MCTC, ETWC and MAESTRO

I wasn't going to bombard him with trade company recruiting yet (even though we all know MCTC is the best :wink:). My suggestion is he gets his feet wet before committing to a trade company.

Ignore the trade company silliness. Independents have their own seats in the Colonial Council. No one has sat in them yet, but that's because no one ran for them. Maybe later.

4 minutes ago, TheCubbScout said:

Could I have someone run for an independent seat? 

Probably not Keenan Reid but a new character. 

Is that how that works?

We'll have new elections in December. You could have Keenan Reid run for office, or develop a secondary character to do that, ether one.

Is it not three independant seats? So three different sig figs can run for either seat? So you could run for all three of them if you want (if I am not mistaken). I don't want to lead your choice in trade company or staying independent. Take your time, look around, and listen to your guts (which should be screaming MCTC... before you decide. No, seriously, you will be welcome and your choice will be respected either way, even if you choose wrong

The way the Colonial Council is set up, all three characters for a specific block of seats are controlled by one player. There is a whole write-up somewhere about how this all works, but I don't have the link.

Just now, Sir Stig said:

Is it not three independant seats? So three different sig figs can run for either seat?

Boy, now I gotta remember how this works. :pir-grin:

It's one player, with one character running for election, but then that player gets three votes/seats in the council, which the player fills out with 2 additional characters. That said, the full team of three characters by one player could "campaign" as opposed to just the main character. Regardless, only one build would be needed for the campaign, and if the player wins election would have three votes/seats/characters on the council.

And for the Independents seats, only independents can choose who represents them. I'm not sure who else besides me is firmly in that group currently.

All that said, we really haven't used the council as much as we should have the last few months. Perhaps a new round of elections will reinvigorate our use of it IC.

Just now, TheCubbScout said:

What's the purpose of the council?

It's our legislature. It should handle tax issues and other things that affect more than one settlement or one trade company.

OK, I tracked down the details:

Prerogatives of the Colonial Council, Section IV:
a) The Colonial Council shall decide by vote when and how many troops, ships, or forts to build, raise, disband, or sell, above the automatic thresholds.
b) The Colonial Council may overrule (up to half of the forces available) the disposition of forces made by the Continental Council by a veto vote.
c) The Colonial Council may not declare war, but must approve for any war to be declared.
d) The Colonial Council may not sign treaties, but must ratify prior to their signing.
e) The Colonial Council may propose and vote upon new monopolies, but the Continental Council possesses veto power.
f) The Colonial Council may veto any charter granted by the Continental Council.
g) The Colonial Council may determine when to recognize a chartered Trade Company, admitting them to a permanent seat on the Colonial Council.
h) The Colonial Council may raise or lower taxes by vote without let or hindrance.
i) Veto upon the Continental Council may only be considered for one month subsequent to the Continental Council’s decision.
j) The above provisions notwithstanding, the Colonial Council shall take no action disapproved by the leadership of the Brick Seas.

Some of this was a big deal when we were at war with Mardier. We recently moved troops back to their owners' islands. Everyone who was paying for the troops upkeep was in agreement, but we probably should have raised this in the Colonial Council.