Well, I was not really 100% happy with the buggy I made and in that post I asked for advice on drive axles.

Unfortunately as I mostly only have old pieces (pre dark-ages) I could not make most of the suspensions :cry_sad:

So I tried one that I could use (I originally wanted to make a mini front wheel drive car) and made a mini car with what I could.

I'm really proud of what has turned out, the truck looks like a jeep/hummer as is so freaking cute :laugh:

I designed the chassis so that the bodies are interchangeable.

I think that a competition where everyone is to make a body for one type of chassis would be really cool, but i'm not famous so it seems far fetched :wink:

Thanks guys, 

<forgot to add>

The reason this car is a little slow is that my family forced me to purchase rechargeable batteries meaning that the output is 7v not 9v.

I would get a buwizz but that is expensive :sceptic:

Edited by MattL600

The front suspension doesn't seem to be optimal as an inverted dragged axle, I would recommend using solid axle and fixing the shocks above the axle  :classic: But it does look cute indeed , probably because of round headlights 

Ever heard of Ni-Zn batteries? here is an example , they provide 1.6 V each! You would need to override the protection on the old battery box or get a newer version.

Billy is a great MOC! Creative name. I would suggest, as @LXF did, to put the shocks above the axle, but also to replace them with softer gray shocks. 

All in all, great job, keep building!

3 hours ago, MattL600 said:

I think that a competition where everyone is to make a body for one type of chassis would be really cool, but i'm not famous so it seems far fetched :wink:

This happened once as an official LEGO contest which I believe was called You Design it We Make it for the 4x4 Crawler chassis. Have you heard of the 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition?

Nice car! Billy has a lot of character! I like the spare tire on the back!

8 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This happened once as an official LEGO contest which I believe was called You Design it We Make it for the 4x4 Crawler chassis. Have you heard of the 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition?

Nice car! Billy has a lot of character! I like the spare tire on the back!

What was the design the crawler competition? :laugh:

It may have been when I was in my dark ages lol

10 hours ago, LXF said:

The front suspension doesn't seem to be optimal as an inverted dragged axle, I would recommend using solid axle and fixing the shocks above the axle  :classic: But it does look cute indeed , probably because of round headlights 

Ever heard of Ni-Zn batteries? here is an example , they provide 1.6 V each! You would need to override the protection on the old battery box or get a newer version.

The batteries sound dangerous haha

I don't know how I would implement the solid axle while keeping the body stable xD

Billy v2? 

9 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Billy is a great MOC! Creative name. I would suggest, as @LXF did, to put the shocks above the axle, but also to replace them with softer gray shocks. 

All in all, great job, keep building!

The grey shocks sagged too much :laugh:

Maybe Billy sports edition?

Interesting suspension concept.

For Lego car speed is OK, it is not slow.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Interesting suspension concept.

For Lego car speed is OK, it is not slow.

Yeah Lego motors seem pretty under powered :laugh:

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This set: 41999

Ok thanks :classic: