[The Secret of the 8 Provinces - Prelude]

[The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 1st Chapter]

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 2nd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 3rd Chapter

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_z.jpg

Captain Cookie continued:

And so in the days that followed Corrington troops were guarding towns and noblemen.

35117979515_8a55f4db5c_c.jpg

But despite all of their efforts, our highwayman was unstoppable.

35078219206_68998559cf_c.jpg

35078217666_b52d09c06d_z.jpg

35118012215_79f53b1214_c.jpg

And he found something in the attic of a house.

35078216226_ac9505d31f_z.jpg

"Gold?" Lady de Summer asked.

"No, of course not. Another model of a ship."

34987186171_6619f83e55_z.jpg

35078212656_e5b57360fd_z.jpg

,,, and then he vanished into the night.

I cannot believe that Corrington did nothing about this.

Oh, Mylady, they did. And they had to. A lawyer in a bad mood appeared at Colonel Greybeards office.

34731296250_7494628139_c.jpg

Colonel Greybeard: Hello, old chum, fine fellow, come in, come in. Who are ye?

Lawyer: I am a certified lawyer of the high-esteemed Frank, Frank, Frank, Frank and Wrzygrislovsky.

Colonel Greybeard: Jolly good, old chum. And which one of them is you?

Lawyer: I am Wrzygrislovsky. But that is beside the point.
               My client demands that this robber be caught and punished.

Colonel Greybeard: Good Golly, Miss Molly. Yes, yes, old pal, we're working on it. Horses for courses. Righty right. Never look a gift apple in the mouth.

Lawyer: My client is not under the impression that your men are investing the required effort.

Colonel Greybeard: Blimey. Terribly sorry, my friend, rest assured we are doing the best we can. Mouse and man.

Lawyer: Then that may not be enough. Double your efforts, or you will face the consequences. [leaves]

Colonel Greybeard (mutters to himself): Shiver me timbers...  I'll send my best men... again.

[C&C welcome]

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Another great built and the story is as much interesting as the firsts...

Spoiler

I'm thinking about "The secret of the Unicorn" a Tintin Album...

tha lawyer and the Highwayman looks both familiar :wink:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Intriguing! :excited:  Great builds, Captain B, those classic yellows and reds look superb, and the bridges and water (especially in the third shot and following) are excellent as well :thumbup:  That Colonel Graybeard is a curious fellow too - looking forward to the next part!

Nice one!!! Action scenes are always fascinating when built with LEGO and so are your numerous mini-ships!! That raised base plate also works wonders for the MOC! 

16 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Another great built and the story is as much interesting as the firsts...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thinking about "The secret of the Unicorn" a Tintin Album...

tha lawyer and the Highwayman looks both familiar :wink:

Thanks. 

The similarities between Highwayman and Lawyer are unintentional.:pir-look:

15 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Intriguing! :excited:  Great builds, Captain B, those classic yellows and reds look superb, and the bridges and water (especially in the third shot and following) are excellent as well :thumbup:  That Colonel Graybeard is a curious fellow too - looking forward to the next part!

I probably need somebody to provide me with the correct English banter - I envision Colonel Graybeard to sit there, smoking his pipe and saying things like "Blimey"...

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice one!!! Action scenes are always fascinating when built with LEGO and so are your numerous mini-ships!! That raised base plate also works wonders for the MOC! 

Thanks. This is one of the few builds I do/did with a baseplate. Unfortunately they are not favoured these days.

33 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Unfortunately they are not favoured these days.

I believe it is because many builder's rely heavily on their mono-block form and don't incorporate them properly in their builds. I think the key focus is to make them "unseen" at a quick glance, however difficult that may be. And people, don't forget, many of us grew with these raised baseplates!!!Anyway, your (raised) baseplate builds are always a pleasure to see :tongue:

The lawyer is the hors la loi highwayman, arrest him!:pir_laugh2:

I like the clean look of the building, the bridge is nicely built too.

Your building is simply great! The raised baseplate and the different houses fit very well. I particularly like the first picture (sooner or later I'll steal your bridge and the windows :grin:)... it reminds me seventeenth-century buildings, half houses and half castles, where Italian and Spanish noblemen lived (mainly in Lombardy and Southern Italy)

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

The lawyer is the hors la loi highwayman, arrest him!:pir_laugh2:

I like the clean look of the building, the bridge is nicely built too.

Thanks.  No, the lawyer is not the highwayman. I should have picked a different minifig... :pir-cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Your building is simply great! The raised baseplate and the different houses fit very well. I particularly like the first picture (sooner or later I'll steal your bridge and the windows :grin:)... it reminds me seventeenth-century buildings, half houses and half castles, where Italian and Spanish noblemen lived (mainly in Lombardy and Southern Italy)

Thank you. Admittedly, the building has been released before. This time I needed a building as a target for the highwayman.

49 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Added some improvements to the dialogue...

:laugh: :roflmao: :thumbup: Was good before, but now - :rofl:

Great work! Love the story and the use of the baseplate. You're giving me some inspiration to build a MOC with mine.