Garmadon

Explosion on Gunpowder Isle

An Eslandolan privateer sails a bit too close to the volatile Gunpowder Island...

35182241265_535c204129_z.jpg

34373162583_de6753d3c1_z.jpg

Just a small vig using this ship which I had sitting around on my desk for a few days.  I had been fiddling around and trying to make the smallest microship possible when Kai mentioned that she'd seen someone do something of the kind with a pair of epaulets, and, voilà, here you go!  Credit for inspiration goes to whoever it was that thought of that first, haha! :grin:

35051869041_54f85c31e8_z.jpg

Probably not the smallest one possible, but anyhow...  Oh, and in case you were all wondering - no, this is not a buildup for the next challenge or some major story event, at least not that I know of! :laugh:

One more shot:

34337764444_708e6f9747_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! 

14 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

An Eslandolan privateer sails a bit too close to the volatile Gunpowder Island...

-snip-

Just a small vig using this ship which I had sitting around on my desk for a few days.  I had been fiddling around and trying to make the smallest microship possible when Kai mentioned that she'd seen someone do something of the kind with a pair of epaulets, and, voilà, here you go!  Credit for inspiration goes to whoever it was that thought of that first, haha! :grin:

Probably not the smallest one possible, but anyhow...  Oh, and in case you were all wondering - no, this is not a buildup for the next challenge or some major story event, at least not that I know of! :laugh:

One more shot:

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! 

THAT IS COOL. I never thought of building a ship like that. Am I allowed to build that? I have the peices for two mini ships.

As I said on Flickr, the explosion is really good!  Nice elaborate border too, although it's quite large compared to the rest of the build. :pir-wink:  Super cool micro-ship though!  The colors on it look fantastic. :pir-grin:

Love the microship! Great use of trans-orange pieces for the explosion.

Cute! Do we actually have a gunpowder isle on the map? Sounds like a fun place to be!

Great tiny ship! I think the first one to use it was @Sebeus I , but feel free to prove me wrong there! I can't find the pic anymore though...

Looks really cool. A pretty daring combination of pieces! I don't know if you could turn it upside down, without parts falling off :wink:, but it is really a statement of creativity. I also like the explosion a lot. Very dynamic with the antenna-piece shooting out of it. :classic:

Thanks all! :pir-sweet:

4 hours ago, Mjazzw7 said:

THAT IS COOL. I never thought of building a ship like that. Am I allowed to build that? I have the peices for two mini ships.

Thanks mate!  And certainly you may go ahead if you have the pieces! :pir-wink:  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! 

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

As I said on Flickr, the explosion is really good!  Nice elaborate border too, although it's quite large compared to the rest of the build. :pir-wink:  Super cool micro-ship though!  The colors on it look fantastic. :pir-grin:

Thanks Kai!  And yes, I'm afraid the border does kind of overshadow the rest of the build, but ah well :pir-grin:  Yep, those colors are great! :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Jacob Nion said:

Cute! Do we actually have a gunpowder isle on the map? Sounds like a fun place to be!

Thanks! :pir-grin:  And yes, we do (doesn't it :pir_laugh2:)! - #16, unclaimed as of yet (map in spoiler).

Spoiler

27182118255_72b1668d51_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

Great tiny ship! I think the first one to use it was @Sebeus I , but feel free to prove me wrong there! I can't find the pic anymore though...

Thanks Legostone!  Could be, certainly - I don't recall ever seeing one before myself, though, so Kai'll have to verify :laugh:

44 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

Looks really cool. A pretty daring combination of pieces! I don't know if you could turn it upside down, without parts falling off :wink:, but it is really a statement of creativity. I also like the explosion a lot. Very dynamic with the antenna-piece shooting out of it. :classic:

Thankee!  No, you can't even breathe without parts falling off! :grin: :laugh:  Not quite that bad actually, but it definitely is less than a sturdy connection.  Thanks a lot for the comment! :wink:

Thanks garmadon! But question, on that mini ship, what is the gold peice on the top of the mini ship? Is that a hook?

Edited by Mjazzw7

On 6/8/2017 at 8:35 PM, Mjazzw7 said:

Thanks garmadon! But question, on that mini ship, what is the gold peice on the top of the mini ship? Is that a hook?

No problem!  Yes, it is a hook - somewhat tricky to get attached, but fairly sturdy after that (more sturdy than the rest of the ship, at least! :laugh: :grin:)  If you've got a golden hand that works well to, as per the ship seen here (two hands, no hook)! :classic:

11 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine ship and explosion!

A bit large though, as a set. Could you make it smaller? :pir-laugh:

Ha, ha, thanks Captain B! :laugh:  Oh yeah, no problem! :thumbup:

35206381785_ba1f7208ee_z.jpg

:grin: :pir-laugh:

5 hours ago, Garmadon said:

NO WAY!!! :grin::grin::grin: !!! Talking about LEGO molecular level here!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Garmadon said:

This is one out of the category "careful, what you wish for"... :laugh:

On 6/10/2017 at 3:36 AM, blackdeathgr said:

NO WAY!!! :grin::grin::grin: !!! Talking about LEGO molecular level here!!!!!!

:laugh: Yes, don't wish for anything smaller, please! :grin: :pir-laugh:

On 6/10/2017 at 4:48 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This is one out of the category "careful, what you wish for"... :laugh:

Exactly! :laugh:

On 6/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, Bodi said:

Nice little set, the snot built water is awesome!

Thanks mate, trans-blue tends to almost always do the job nicely! 

Very nice build Garmadon! The explosion is great (excellent use of these antennes), as is the ship.

I'm not completely sold on the base though. It looks fine and would defenitely work on a bigger base, but here... I think it may be a bit too large for a micro-scale build.

Anyway, that's just a minor detail. Nice job! :thumbup:

On 9 juni 2017 at 2:21 AM, Garmadon said:

Nicely done, must be the smallest ship I've ever seen :laugh:.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks Legostone!  Could be, certainly - I don't recall ever seeing one before myself, though, so Kai'll have to verify :laugh:

Perhaps you are referring to this little thingy?

5457636701_5623b10031_z.jpg[/url]

Edited by Sebeus I