Hi! This is my entry for Round 2 of the Middle Earth Lego Olympics! My category was Gondor, so I decided to build a wall section of Minas Tirith!

Onto the build:

1496777309m_SPLASH.jpg

14967773101_SPLASH.jpg

14967773102_SPLASH.jpg

14967773103_SPLASH.jpg

14967773114_SPLASH.jpg

14967773115_SPLASH.jpg

14967773116_SPLASH.jpg

14967773116_SPLASH.jpg

14967773127_SPLASH.jpg

14967773116_SPLASH.jpg

14967773128_SPLASH.jpg
No WIP pictures this time, as I just wanted to chug through this one without any advice... :D

This build is roughly a cubic foot, it's length is a little longer, and it's height is a little short... Also, it is probably around 2200 pieces... So, Minas Tirith is a very monochromatic subject, as you can see, most of the build is in the greyscale. Which in my opinion makes the market scenery pop out, and really gives the action to the figs, what the scene is about... I hope you enjoyed! This was a fun one!

Good luck Sean! May the best Gondorian win! :D

C&C Appreciated!

To God be the glory!

Great scene and a nice looking part of Minas tirith. Personally I would have added a lil bit of black or dark Blue for the Roofs. Also like how you did the window roof and curved wall. Pictures could be a lil sharper (browsing on smartphone). Good job ☺

1 hour ago, kreimkoek said:

Great scene and a nice looking part of Minas tirith. Personally I would have added a lil bit of black or dark Blue for the Roofs. Also like how you did the window roof and curved wall. Pictures could be a lil sharper (browsing on smartphone). Good job ☺

Thanks! I wanted to keep the stone Minas Tirith feel, so I didn't go for the dk. blue, but that would have been my second choice... Also, pictures are pretty bad, the lighting was terrible that day, and I had to finish before the deadline...

Great work! The loose pieces around the structure are an interesting technique, and you've pulled it off well. Must have taken quite a while to set that up, I know I wouldn't have the patience for it. :tongue:

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, BrickBuilder7622 said:

Irregular to see someone use loose tiles just on the backdrop for the ground, but it works very well here.  Great work!  

Thanks! That was a last minute decision because I didn't have the type of pieces I needed for a little bottom wall section of the lower wall... Thanks again for the feedback! :D

18 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Great work! The loose pieces around the structure are an interesting technique, and you've pulled it off well. Must have taken quite a while to set that up, I know I wouldn't have the patience for it. :tongue:

Thanks! Yeah, it took around 20 minutes because most of the tiles were upside down and I had to flip them. But, I still left quite a few upside down... Thanks again! :D