Hey everyone! I haven't built much of anything over the last couple of years but finally got back to it. I designed this mini modular a few years ago and just got around to actually buying the pieces. 

I initially planned to use red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and purple but decided to go with the dark and sand colors because they're a bit more subdued and fit my mini modular street better. I might swap the sand green and dark red. The dark red seems to be a bit hidden when its with other building and I think think red provides a nice contrast with the rest of the colors.

Front:

34977060852_b2d1d4f3dd_z.jpgFront by John Parilla, on Flickr

Back:

34297021924_b8bb8b918e_z.jpgBack by John Parilla, on Flickr

With my Art Deco Apartments and Castle.

34297019084_cd23897287_z.jpgArt Deco, Cubes, Castle by John Parilla, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think!

Excellent idea. What do they look like next to the official mini modulars? Have you got any plans to build them as 'standard' modulars? I think that this one would make for a really visually interesting addition to the street, and be fairly easy to build - everything's square!

@ColletArrow Thanks! I don't think I'll be building any standard size modulars anytime soon due to size and cost constraints. I build in the same scale as the official minis (8x8 baseplate) but mine are a little taller. I think the official minis tend to be 2-3 bricks per floor and mine are 3-4 per floor. 

Wow! Love your mini apartment building colors and design. As we all run out of space, building a mini-scale city looks like one viable solution. The row of buildings above is a great example of the variety you can achieve in a mini. I am keeping most of my minis and disposing of the larger models because of space limitations. And the minis are just so darn cute! Especially the art deco ones. Thanks for your photos!

@Legogal Thanks! I decided a while ago that I can't justify buying and displaying such big models. And for me, it's a lot more fun to design and build my own models.

@KamalMYafi Thanks!! I've had the idea for a while. Glad I could finally build it out of real bricks.

Lovely looking models. The different styles are really working out nicely, despite the simplicity you have to apply at that scale. Good choice of colours as well. Nicely balanced.:classic: