Sign in to follow this  
Shakar

G678 (Knights' Kingdom Chess Set) and the Queen's head

Greetings, I hope this is the right section for this topic.

So, I'm about to sell G678- Knight's Kingdom Chess Set. I've checked my set because I remember I had fiddled with the minifigs in the past (I know, I know). All pieces and minifigs seem to be in their place, and the things I had to fix I fixed. But there's one thing I can't seem to solve: it's the white (or baby blue :wink:) Queen's head.

Both Brickset and Bricklink show her with the head she's pictured in. My Queen, however, has this head. I might have swapped the original one with that one because I needed it, sure. It's rather odd because I don't see myself being that interested in that head, but it's still possible I suppose.
The problem is, I don't remember ever having had that head. In fact, when I saw the Queen's Catalog entry my reaction was along the lines of "...huh? That's her head?". I was dumbfounded- I didn't even remember it existing. I've looked for that head everywhere in my collection, but I can't find it at all.
I know that some later editions of the set have the Queens' slope skirt glued to their torsos, but no alternate versions of the minifig seem to exist otherwise.

So, I'm asking for your help. Is my set a misprint/alternate version or am I just remembering things terribly wrong? I would like to find the head so I can finally ship the set to my buyer, but if that's her correct head I fear I'll be forced to buy it somewhere and make him wait. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Shakar

Just play it safe and buy the missing head in question, then give the buyer BOTH heads.  If you are concerned on making the person wait... perhaps send what you currently have, and send the alternate head once you have received it (if shipping wouldn't be TOO steep).

Why not ask the buyer which head he wants? In all probability he probably wants the head listed in the catalog.