Chapter IV: Making Camp

Chapter V: Solitary Council

Chapter VI: Escaping Home

Chapter VII: Waylaid

Chapter VIII: Archery Practice

Chapter IX: Honour the Fallen

Bonus Landscape: Avalonian Countryside

34746081520_3c85534562_c.jpg

Nyle added another stone to the pile and started looking around for another. 

- 'I think that is probably enough', he heard Sir Darby's voice behind him.

Nyle looked down at the pile of rocks. Maybe it didn't need any more, but Nyle didn't want to be done. He bent down to pick up a small pebble and threw it on the heap.

- 'Kipp wouldn't care about the size of his cairn', said Harlon. 'He always lived in the moment, and now his moment is over. Just let him go.'

Nyle imagined that comment might have earned Harlon a stern glance from Darby, but he knew it was true. This was all for him. For him to make peace with losing his brother.

34287756704_b619d29e6b_c.jpg

Nyle took one of Kipp's swords and wedged it into the cairn. It took him a while to get it to sit sturdy, but eventually it stuck. He then proceeded to tie Kipp's cape to the handle. The wind caught it a bit, giving it a small flutter at the edge.

Nyle thought back to his childhood days. Kipp had always been the strong confident big brother who always knew how to handle every situation. He had always felt safe knowing Kipp was around. And then, Kipp had gone off to war. He clearly remembered the misty morning, seeing his brother pack his horse, and then flashing him a smile, ensuring him that things would be ok, before riding off. Nyle had been devastated for days. The colors had gone out of the world and the food had tasted bland. That feeling of being left behind, it was the same feeling he had right now. Kipp had left him behind. Again.

- 'What do I do now, Kipp?', Nyle whispered to himself. 'The only reason I'm here is because you were going. I wanted to learn from you. To be like you, the Great Kipp. But mostly, I didn't want to be left behind again. And now I'm standing here, and you are gone. What do I do?'

35093009616_68bc7bc9ac_c.jpg

Harlon sighed.

- 'How long is this going to take?', he asked.

- 'He needs his time. He's not used to this', Darby replied.

- 'Clearly. But we should get moving. Someone is clearly after us, and I'd feel much better to be one in the crowd in Newquay.'

Darby didn't share Harlon's worries about the assassin, and neither did he think that life in Newquay would be much of an improvement to their current situation. But at least there would be some answers at their destination. For better of for worse.

34746078880_cbdcf52004_c.jpg

- 'Why did Kipp even bring him along? Now we will have to babysit him all the way to Newquay, and probably even after we arrive.', Harlon continued.

Darby looked over at Nyle.

- 'Yes, he is as green as they come, but if memory serves right, you have made confident soldiers out worse. Remember Tane?'

Harlon smirked.

- 'Yeah, I wouldn't do that again for anything.'

Harlon drew a deep sigh.

- 'But maybe you are right. We could make a man of him yet.'

- 'We can at least try. But you are right, it is time to get going'

35001658141_a6610cc982_c.jpg

- 'Nyle, we have to go', said Sir Darby. 'Me and Harlon will go and prepare the horses. Say what you need to say and get ready to leave.

Sir Darby and Harlon started to make their way back through the fields. Nyle watched them leave.

- 'Can I do it, Kipp?', he asked. 'Can I be you? The strong, confident warrior that everybody looks up to. I'm scared. Were you scared too? Heading out to battle not knowing what to face?'

There was no answer. Nyle would have to figure this out by himself. His brother could not help him out anymore. It was up to him from now on.

- 'I will be keeping your other sword', he said. 'Hopefully I can do it justice. Goodbye brother.'

Nyle turned around and started making his way through the field back to camp.

35132350715_ee9052c26c_c.jpg

Been a while since my last GoH post now, but I certainly enjoy building in Avalonia :)

This build was actually the result of taking the four corner modules for another, slightly bigger, build I'm working on and then adding the center greenery (plus the token tree of course ;)) to fit my GoH story.

The grain technique is obviously very parts intensive and time consuming. I would have liked to make it even thicker, but ran out of tan bars. Gotta get more bars ;)

The transition from grain to grass became a bit too abrupt and looks a bit unnatural. The planned build will have a stone wall or a fence as a divider so it should hopefully look better. Also, I might change the soil to be all dark tan rather than a mix of dark tan and reddish brown.

Thanks for watching :)

Edited by Full Plate

Great build Fullplate, excellent grain technique and the big lone tree sets the perfect atmosphere.  I agree with your remark about the change from grain to grass seeming abrupt, but a stone divider would take care of that.  Good choice of colors throughout, I really like those light blue flowers! :thumbup:   Enjoyed the story too!

:wub: Wonderful landscape as always, Fullplate, you somehow manage to make them look just so very realistic!  The grain does look great, and the greenery and tree are fantastic as well!  Very nice story too - looking forward to the next part! - and glad to see something from you in the Guilds again! :classic:

Your landscapes just keep getting better :thumbup: And no matter how may times that tree technique is used, I will neve cease to amaze :tongue: Great grain and I like the cairn. Awesome story too.

It's great to see you back, FullPlate, especially with such an amazing build!

The tree is, as always, jaw-dropping, but this time I also really like the field around it! (not that I didn't like it the previous time :wink:)

Looking forward to your next build!

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great build Fullplate, excellent grain technique and the big lone tree sets the perfect atmosphere.  I agree with your remark about the change from grain to grass seeming abrupt, but a stone divider would take care of that.  Good choice of colors throughout, I really like those light blue flowers! :thumbup:   Enjoyed the story too!

Thanks Kai!

Yeah, I think I needed a lot more height for it to look like a small hill in the middle of the field, which was what I was going for. I'm somehow quite averse to using green slopes for grass, but with the height needed here, maybe this was the time for it.

22 hours ago, Servertijd said:

That tree is so so awesome. I dig the total picture and I liked your story too. Well done :)

Thanks Servertijd!

Glad you liked the build and story :)

15 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:wub: Wonderful landscape as always, Fullplate, you somehow manage to make them look just so very realistic!  The grain does look great, and the greenery and tree are fantastic as well!  Very nice story too - looking forward to the next part! - and glad to see something from you in the Guilds again! :classic:

Thanks Garmadon!

I would certainly like to build more in GoH. I have a lot of ideas for many different types of builds, and only so much time (and budget ;)) to build them. Going on parental leave soon though, so perhaps that will leave me more time to build (wishful thinking ;))

6 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Your landscapes just keep getting better :thumbup: And no matter how may times that tree technique is used, I will neve cease to amaze :tongue: Great grain and I like the cairn. Awesome story too.

Thanks Maestro!

I was thinking people might be tired of my trees by now ;) I certainly feel so at times, but then when I try to think of alternatives I usually end up going back to the axe trees :) Glad you liked the build!

58 minutes ago, TitusV said:

It's great to see you back, FullPlate, especially with such an amazing build!

The tree is, as always, jaw-dropping, but this time I also really like the field around it! (not that I didn't like it the previous time :wink:)

Looking forward to your next build!

Thanks Titus!

Sorry I've been MIA for quite a while :P Glad you liked to build in any case, and hopefully the next one will not take that long :)

5 hours ago, Full Plate said:

Going on parental leave soon though, so perhaps that will leave me more time to build (wishful thinking ;))

Adding kids usually means less time rather than more! I've got another one coming in the next week or so, so I am sure this summer will be less fruitful LEGO-wise than I might have hoped. But wishful thinking! 

The build itself is great, though I can see the points others have made about the hill being too low (beneath the level of the top of the grasses) and the transition being too abrupt, but those are minor. The field on its own looks great, the tree looks great (I am always jealous of the droid arm and ax collection you must have), and the fig posing is also great. Nicely done!

Fantastic creation, full of details and interesting combination of colors, also the expression of the figs is nailed. :thumbup:

Amazing build; I like every aspect of it. Your builds always amaze me and this is no exception. The grains are really nice, though it does put my recent build to shame. :grin:The tree is great, as always, and so is the foliage on the ground. I also like the story, and can't wait to see what happens next. :classic:

Yet another wonderfully natural landscape :wub: Very somber and touching story as well :thumbup:

Personally, I never tire of seeing your incredible trees, and I think it fits perfectly in this scene :classic:

Excellent scene, Full Plate!

Your tree is wonderful in this scene, as usual!  Very nice wheat technique, though quite parts-intensive.  This must be the reason I have had troubles getting tan 4L bars... :tongue:
The amount of foliage and elevation variation along with slight breaks in the wheat for rocks and weeds make this landscaping quite realistic!

The solemn continuation to your story is well-written, and I am awaiting more.