Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Lyrviora Bridge

34961937841_22b500b45a_c.jpg

It's been years since Besdarc set foot in his birthplace, Illyria. Finally home, but it wasn't as it used to be. Since Revolword was defeated Varlyrio has become quite secluded from the other Guilds. Maybe that was one of the reasons he didn't come back until now. Not that it was his intention to come here, he just managed to sneak on a ship sailing back from En Eglïam and it just set course to Varlyrio. 

34961942021_51003f0692_c.jpg

When he sneaked off the ship he went for the Garra tower near the Lyrviora Bridge. From up there he could get a clear view over the city. It was also a way to get in contact with his spies. He noticed how well guarded the city was nowadays. It wouldn't be easy to get in contact with his men. He took a small mirror out of is satchel and shined towards the house across the river. Suddenly a glider appeared, which meant his men were still here. 

35092247275_af89d235fe_c.jpg

He wasn't the only one who appeared though. Guards appeared from everywhere. Archers trying to shoot down the Glider...

34705490340_d570b178d3_c.jpg

Swordmen in pursuit...

34705481900_6016bb1bfb_c.jpg

And even heavy pikeman checking boats and carts...

35092317635_369d5fb152_c.jpg

So it was a good thing he already went straight to his friend Ezio. To tell him personally about his findings so he could send a raven to Gyrin. These findings of newly discovered lands needed to be told. But somehow someone strongly disagreed with this. Even worse was that he knew. About what Besdarc had seen and he was patiently waiting for him to sign his man. He felt so stupid for falling into such a trap. He endangered all his men by giving the sign. But he couldn't have known... He quickly buried that thought, because it was time to help Ezio and the others before they're all captured or killed. And after that's done time to figure out who's behind all this...

35092300675_991d4e0381_c.jpg

35052471366_d63280e6f8_c.jpg

35092263275_3d869b1b97_c.jpg

34961952081_78ebea2458_c.jpg

35092256695_3c02fb5b09_c.jpg

34928172682_4989d6c3bc_c.jpg

34248758924_e333f2f7df_c.jpg

35092304165_d02cfbe1ca_c.jpg

35092309525_8d9eb33661_c.jpg

34248767244_8e4ff588bb_c.jpg

34928194382_05e4839186_c.jpg

34705525770_9ab7214410_c.jpg

I originally built this for Comic Con as an Assassins Creed display, but I also thought of using it as a Varlyrio moc. Which fits there perfectly:

33760768845_23382cfcfc_c.jpg

I love this.  The bridge is excellent, I especially like the drawbridge function.  The texturing of the buildings is great.  The cobblestone is nicely done. The boats look good.  The whole scene is crafted well. 

Awesome build Ecc! You're style is easily recognisable, and I really love all the little details :wub: The wooden bridge is excellent!

Storywise: finally we see Valyrio coming back to life. I'm wondering what the quild leaders will do with it... :wink: 

The plot thickens... can't wait for more! :moar:

Great build, Ecc, the buildings and figs are excellent, and the boat and gondolas are quite nice as well - for some reason the use of that battlement piece at the front of the ship is really catching my eye! :thumbup:  The cart, raised bridge, and assassins are all great also, and I'll only nitpick about the water - it just seems a tad dull and flat, and I think some shade of blue or a little more of the greenish flair would have added just the right color to the build (though just the bricks for that amount of water, whatever the color, is impressive enough! :grin:).  Excellent job overall, though, and I'm really looking forward to building for this challenge and seeing where the story goes from here! 

Really cool build Ecc, great to see more in the Valaryian style!  So much detail here too - the drawbridge, the vines here and there, and so many unique houses! :thumbup:   Great work!

Amazing build there. I like the individual houses, and the detail in here is enough to allow me to imagine what this would be like if it were real.

Tons of impressive buildings and details to admire :wub: The Venice look was captured wonderfully, and the main wooden bridge makes a great centerpiece :thumbup:

It looks like you even managed to work some shading into the water, which is a great extra level of detail :thumbup:The dark red building, and tan/bley building complex are my favorites :classic:

Fantastic build, Ecc! I love the buildings and the architecture. The tiles edging the corners of the buildings are my favorite part, I think, since it looks so good, but the whole thing looks great together. The use of the gates for metal awnings/trellises is clever, and the bridge structure is also great. My one complaint about the build is the same as Garmadon's, that the water is too dull in comparison to the rest. It's not unrealistic, but it fades into the various bleys of the stone path and buildings (when my wife looked over my shoulder, she thought that it was concrete at first); an underlayer of blue would have helped it, I think, just to make it contrast slightly with the stonework. That's something relatively small in an otherwise excellent build! Thanks for re-christening it into the Guilds, rather than being just an Assassin's Creed build, as it is nice to see more of Varlyrio. 

Huge moc, and so many angles/views worked there... Wonderful display moc with great buildings... :wub::wub:

This build is one of the most entertaining to watch of lately, the combinations of colors and textures.
The posing of the figs and the little details bring it to life. :sweet:

Such a fantastic scene, Eccs.!

I could not comment on nearly every detail, but I really like your different buildings and roofing techniques!  The drawbridge is such a nice attention draw with the lovely woodwork and paneling.  The gondolas and minifigures really complete the scene nicely with a perfect depiction of Varlyrio and medieval Venice!  The underlayer color variation for the water adds a lot to the realism.

This build must have taken quite a while to complete to collect dust... I totally relate to this predicament with my recent build.  Your end result is a nice achievement!

Just wow! I really Love this moc! So many great details in there! The buildings have so cool and great colours! Have to borrow some (many) ideas from this!:wub:

Outstanding work as always, Ecc :wub: I always love seeing your corner-tile technique, and it really fits the Varlyrio style. Perfect color choices throughout all the buildings, though the dark red and dark bley might be my favorite. The bridge is fantastic as well :thumbup:

Great to see another Varlyrio build! Its been so long I already forgot how to spell it... :laugh: Which reminds me that I miss MikeyB's builds... But back to the build, love that bridge design and I really like the simplicity of that wagon... :thumbup:

Quite a treat you've presented here, Ecc! As Mike said, it's been ages since we've seen something from Varlyrio (Gideon's Unrest in Varlyrio being the last, I think?). Very refreshing. So much to enjoy here, not sure where to begin! The late-Medieval/early-Renaissance structures are fantastic. You've always been great at bring builds to life with crowded streets and marketplaces, bustling activity in all corners. This one does not disappoint, either. I love the crowded waterway and all the street angle pics you took. Awesome work my friend!

How did you do the water shadings? :)

Edited by de Gothia

This is an excellent display indeed! Can't help but wonder how you managed to transport it to the convention...?

Great also to see Varlyrio revived, not least for the new participants who might have missed the great atmosphere in the builds from the early days of the fifth guild :classic:

Great Build Ecc!  Glad to see Varlyrio alive! 

Funnily enough, I was finishing up setting up my new Lego room today and was looking around the guild.

I recently moved to a new space and have a dedicated building space.  I'm getting organized and ready to start building again!  missed you guys!

On 2017-09-05 at 3:51 AM, MikeyB said:

I recently moved to a new space and have a dedicated building space.  I'm getting organized and ready to start building again!  missed you guys!

Great news! Looking forward to seeing you build for GoH again :classic:

(I'm also looking forward to getting a new purposely furnished building studio in our new house in a couple of months, unpacking my long-term stored collection and getting back to GoH and BoBS)

Time to flesh out Varlyrio some more soon? :classic: