Sign in to follow this  
chewie

awosme new technic crane

ok i went to my local TRU today and i found this and some other cool sets (which i took pics of) but anyways this technic crane set contains 1884 peices if i remember the boom was 46 inches extended and the crane truck its self was 36 inches i dont remember the exact lenght it comes with 2 penumatics pistons a motor and batter box and there is a switch so when you move it the motor extends the arm and then when you switch it the othter way it raises and lowers the string with hook on it. the stabilizer legs come down and the boom rotates 360 degres

maby one of the admins could put this up a news on the home page of eurobricks..i dont know the release date of this

post-9-1117743296.jpg

right sorry i did not include that yeah it has all wheel crab steering and it cost 200$ (thats canadian dollars) im asking for this beast for christmas

yeah it is pretty expensive but i guess thats what christmass is for ;)

yeah it is pretty expensive but i guess thats what christmass is for ;)

Nah, Christmas is for Death Stars and Sandcrawlers... ;)

ahh rite :( now i dont know what im gonna ask for maby all 3 of them ;)

That is an awesome set. 1884 pieces! :o

And it's good to see that Lego are going back to Technic sets with studs. I'm looking forward to pics of the finished set ;)

yeah i was like to my mom so how about buying it now? of course she said no but yes it definatley will look awsome built

Does it have any alternative models?

According to this picture (see below), it does have 2 instructions with 1 alternative model.

8421.jpg

But on the downside...battries :(

yes it does have a second model

Speaking of alternative models, what in the world is a "Aerial Lift"?

im pretty sure this is what it is.

post-9-1117759208.jpg

Don't worry, I live here in the U.S. (the strangest country in the world I bet :P ). I never knew they were called aerial lifts because I have to expand my vocabulary a bit. :$ ;)

And in my state we commonly call them "platform lifts" or "boom lifts"

hey yeah i actually made a scissor lift out of 1x16 technic beams and then i stuck a penumatic piston in it like the realy thing it was pretty cool

Actually this doesn't look too bad from the pictures of the box. There is hope for LEGO afterall. Of course until posessing the set this cannot be confirmed.

It cannot be confirmed that LEGO is shaping up with their designs until one actually owns them and has built, or at least seen them for oneself. Not just looked at a picture on a box or worse still, over the Internet. That's not the same as actually having the thing in ones hand.

Did you like my use of "one" there?

ha good job with the "one" and other wise so very true i mean once you have the set (be it of any set) then you can really say its an awsome set

Phes, I think you have a rather bleak outlook on LEGO if it takes this to raise your hopes... what about all the other great themes?

Maybe I haven't made myself clear enough.

I'm saying I can't judge this set, or any other LEGO set properly until I have seen it in the real world. Not just from pictures.