Season 3
Fleshing Out the Problem
Bothan Data Hub
Parting Ways
Surrender Would Have Been An Option
To Catch a Thief
Imperial Detention Center
Jail Time (yet to be built)

OoC: So I didn't get time to build my Jail MOC before the contest deadline. I have the build planned and the story ready, but you'll have to wait to find out how my character escapes!

SoNE Battle in the Skies of Coruscant

Coruscant didn't seem like the smartest place for a ship full of Rebels to be flying to, but MKJoshA wasn't the one in charge now.

The quarters were cramped with so many of them aboard the modified police gun-ship. But at least they weren't prisoners any more.

As they entered the planet's atmosphere, the pilot yelled, "You all have to see this! Looks like we're too late to help the Alliance take out Xizor. The fight has already begun!"

He opened the bay doors...

... right as one of Xizor's Star Vipers flew past!

More pictures of the Star Viper:

Spoiler

More pictures of the Star Viper:

-

-

It was heading into space, towards the skyhook, and it was being chased by a Rebel Alliance A-Wing.

"Rebel ship, this is Blue Squadron. You're in a battle zone. Clear these air traffic lanes unless you want to get shot at."

Our ship vectored off into a safer part of the atmosphere while Blue Squadron chased down a swam of Star Vipers.

They made a significant difference in the battle.

Lovely version of the Coruscant gunship! I really love it's design, and what you did with it. The A-Wings are a great addition. And the Star-Viper, wow! It looks awesome!

On 6/3/2017 at 7:44 PM, MKJoshA said:

OoC: So I didn't get time to build my Jail MOC before the contest deadline. I have the build planned and the story ready, but you'll have to wait to find out how my character escapes!

Hah, we're in the same boat, story-wise :classic:

I like the Coruscant gunship - the color scheme works well, and I like that it's a little longer than the original.

The Star Viper looks good - I think those Nexo Knight (?) slopes work well for that weirdly angled cockpit.  The back seems a little square to me - I think the engines should stick out a bit more, but I'm guessing I only noticed because I spent so long staring at Star Vipers for that "mystery part" build a few episodes back... 

Awesome builds! That A-Wing squadron looks impressive, a beautiful color scheme, almost makes me want to see this in the movies sometime!

The Viper of course and the extraction ship as well look great, too. I think you did a good job with the weird shape of those Black Sun fighters, I think it was hard to capture that?

I think my favorite detail might be the doors on the vehicle that slide open sideways like on a U-Wing. For some reason, I really dig that function. Also, a nice narrative, good way to incorporate your previous story in the action of this episode's events! Now I am curious to see how Josh got out of there, so make sure not to take too long with that freebuild :wink: It's funny, but I am exactly in the same boat as LL and you: besides the freebuild I put up two weeks ago, I actually meant to feature yet another one right before this episode, only time wouldn't allow it. So I, too, will have to create an extra freebuild that chronologically takes place before Episode XV, ha ha. :laugh: