8: Supplies Arrive!

9: Festival of the Ranks (part 1)

10: Festival of the Ranks (part 2)

11: Festival of the Ranks (part 3)

12: The ranks are out!

13: Taking a stand, for Nocturnus!

14: Ride through Nocturnus

Episode 15: Refreshment at the lavoir

Somewhere in the southwest of the Desert lands, sometime in between the Kaliphlinian Civil war and the recent Civil war of Nocturnus...

It felt like he was carrying half of the deserts that they had been exploring for lord know how many days. It was everywhere; on his back, between his toes, in his neck, in his nose... Sand, dust! Especially the last week, which they had spent crossing yet another sea of dunes, it was annoying Stenran to no end. Being a military scout, he was always looking for adventure in the landscape; an unusual rock formation, a hidden cave entrance, ruins of buildings lost to time, but they hadn't found anything of the sort for days straight. Bored and boiled, he headed to the top of the next dune. After so long, it seemed like his eyes had to adjust to the collection of square shapes, but there it lay in front of him: a village! With more joy than energy to express it, he reported to the others, then rolled down towards salvation.

There was quite a bit of life in the streets. Women were chatting, children and older folk were sitting in the shade, playing some games. In the distance, Stenran spotted a lavoir. The thought of running water alone... 

34910121612_e0d3ab0c3a_z.jpg

34910126262_8524ec7d2f_z.jpg

As he walked down the narrow street, the carefree chatter made place for a slightly uneasy calm. 

34910136062_f9ced25767_z.jpg

He could feel the curious, yet somewhat hostile stares from all around him. He had almost forgotten about the sheathed katana on his side and the armour he was wearing. He was confronted by the guard of the lavoir. "Foreign traveller! By order of the Major, you are only allowed to refill your water flask! This town's public water sources are limited." 

Aside from the strict tone, the guard kindly inquired what brought Stenran to this village. He replied that his master was searching for looking for the most unusual places of the Desert lands, which wasn't far from the truth, honestly. One of his companions joined him.

34686728710_47753d28fa_z.jpg

The lively street noises muffled once again. Like in many other places they had visited, his aura left a deep impression. The master, the man he had accompanied, guided and admired for more than a year now, entered the square. All attention was focussed on this graceful, auspicious and charismatic figure.

34910139052_fbb14587a6_z.jpg

He walked up to the lavoir and quietly started washing his face, hands and feet. Then, he turned to the woman who had been sitting on the bench.

34263283053_ab3cd2d5d5_z.jpg

"M'lady, would mind telling me where we may find a navigator for this region?"

To be continued.... in the next episode: I found something!

Hello! I hope you are excited to learn more about this mysterious person, I've been waiting to indroduce him since November last year. Stay tuned! :grin: It was fun to do another Kali build, also using a load of newly acquired, much-needed, round tiles. Of course, I'd be glad to receive your comments & criticism! :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

Great little vig with some excellent minifig combos, Exetrius, you've really managed to get the oriental Kaliphlin feel here! :wink:

A very nice vignette, accompanied by a very nice piece of story. I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

Also, great use of the palm tree trunk there! :thumbup: 

Nice little vignette! I like the setting and the characters, and the story to go along with it is good, too. The flowerpots are a nice detail. 

The figs on this scene really are a wonderful mix of characters. I like the careful use of parts and accessories for them.

Awesome vig Exetrius, and the story makes me very curious. I like how the photos never reveal the masters face :thumbup: Anyway awesome detail and great kali atmosphere.

On 2017-6-4 at 1:58 AM, Garmadon said:

Great little vig with some excellent minifig combos, Exetrius, you've really managed to get the oriental Kaliphlin feel here! :wink:

On 2017-6-4 at 10:47 AM, TitusV said:

A very nice vignette, accompanied by a very nice piece of story. I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

Also, great use of the palm tree trunk there! :thumbup: 

On 2017-6-4 at 3:47 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice little vignette! I like the setting and the characters, and the story to go along with it is good, too. The flowerpots are a nice detail. 

20 hours ago, Muakhah said:

The figs on this scene really are a wonderful mix of characters. I like the careful use of parts and accessories for them.

18 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Awesome vig Exetrius, and the story makes me very curious. I like how the photos never reveal the masters face :thumbup: Anyway awesome detail and great kali atmosphere.

Thank you all! As always, indeed I pay lots of attention to minifigs, seems like it pays off. :classic:  

Who might this mysterious master be? :wink: 

Excellent scene with a very interesting story to accompany it :thumbup: The guard at the lavoir has some really neat combos :classic:

On 2017-6-7 at 2:11 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Excellent scene with a very interesting story to accompany it :thumbup: The guard at the lavoir has some really neat combos :classic:

Thank you! :classic:

5 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Lovely vignette, Ex. and always good to read your story ^

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it! :classic: