Henchmen4Hire

Batman Beyond Batmobile

Attempted to make one of these a few years ago and it looked like butt, so it was time for an update.

34911883342_4e34b41761_z.jpg
Batmobile (Batman Beyond) by Henchmen4Hire, on Flickr

There aren't any groundbreaking techniques, I simply went at it with dogged determination trying to get the silhouette just right. Looked at various artist's versions of this Batmobile to get ideas, then decided to add a bunch of wedges to the hull because slanty lines make things go faster. (Also, they help create a gradual rounded effect.) There are tons of places that can be tweaked to attach weapons and stuff by virtue of the straightforward construction.

The Batmobile in the cartoons is deceptively big, Batman can sit in there behind the wrap-around console and swivel comfortably, there's even plenty of headroom for his long spiky ears. Being designed for a single passenger, the BB Batmobile has a cramped backseat, I think the rear end is supposed to be filled with the engines, reserve ammunition, etc. However, I ended up with lots of space in there, so Terry can even bring Ace or his mouthy friends along for a ride.

•Windscreen flips open

•Added 4 airbrakes the flip up

•Moving the 2x2 wedge by the windscreen reveals a narrow viewport

•The engine nacelles (I think we can call them that) are semi-hollow to add a flip-out cannon or whatever in there.

•Adjustable control sticks

•Rear hatch flips open

34232086704_dec9ce2466_z.jpg
Batmobile (Batman Beyond) by Henchmen4Hire, on Flickr

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

On 6/3/2017 at 0:54 PM, SpiderJazz said:

Oh my. Not a fan of Batman but I grew up watching this TV show, this is awesome man! coolio. :thumbup::thumbup:

Same here, I wasn't a Batman megafan but that cartoon got me interested in the rest of the DC universe. Batman Beyond was among the very best series DC had to offer, it made their other comics look dull in comparison, and I still haven't found another series to make me as excited as BB did.

On 6/3/2017 at 5:47 PM, dulsi said:

Very nice. I'm tempted to try and build it.

If you do try, be sure let us know what you do for the rear end :)

Updated pics

I reworked the body, it's about 2 plates narrower, and probably shorter too.

Changed the front prongs, added airbrakes, added exhaust, etc.