Nightstalker

My First Castle/Fort WIP

So, I've never actually built a castle before, so I decided I'll build one for BFVA 2017. I'll just post what I have now, expect to see more in the coming weeks.

35033541976_81270e61e0_z.jpg

35073622035_587841d2a5_z.jpg

This is module one. An Ankoran Castle/Fort is going to be built here. I'm not focused on making an interior, but rather making a strong fortification. Pieces are currently loose for the sake of being able to make quick changes. A layer of plates and supports will fill the insides of the wall, keeping everything nice and sturdy.

I just had a thought, do people ever build castles at microscale, as if minifigs were only like 2 or 3 plates high?

This looks like a fantastic opportunity to build at a small scale and add tons of detail, like stairs connecting the floors, flags with 1x1 tiles, technic bricks with axle cut-out as archer's windows, etc.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

3 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

Any plans for windows?  

That was my exact thought.  It looks good, but does feel as though it should have windows by that high up.

35370184925_21e5dac7dc_z.jpg

35370186895_d05c56ae70_z.jpg

35370188195_affae9f5ec_z.jpg

Update

The walls are basically finished. I need to add to the top of the walls and add some towers in. I might set up a couple of things on the inside, but haven't decided what to add yet. First off, I need to get those corners plates.

Let me know what you think!

He said in his first post that this is just module and not the whole castle.  It looks really good so far, especially the doors.  Keep up the good work!