Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[SoNE Ep. XV] Xizor's Palace - Cooperation

What a strange mission this was. We were being sent to Xizor's palace to help "clean it up" and yet NOT engage rebels. I got it, practical choice and I'm a practical man; the Stormtroopers I was leading weren't quite so thrilled. I'd been given 3 Stormtroopers and orders to clear a specific floor and only take out Xizor forces.

Initially there was no resistance and we started to wonder if due to sheer size the palace had diverted defenders to strategic points. Shortly after we found ourselves in an ambush. They took out one of my guys before we dropped several of theirs. That was enough to scare them into fleeing, they weren't professional soldiers and really they were fighting for pay and not a cause. We had no choice but to leave our fallen comrade, though we marked his spot on our map so we could return after we cleared the floor. As we moved on I noticed something strange ahead and fearing another ambush we all were extra cautious.

We came upon a rebel in hiding and found out his group had also been ambushed. They weren't so lucky and he was the only survivor. Despite the feelings of my comrades I suggested that he join us until we could locate more rebel forces. Being an experienced soldier I could see the quick calculation of working with "the enemy" versus going it alone and he decided to join us. After some discussion my fellow troopers finally seemed to agree that having an extra gun and pair of eyes was a worthwhile trade and that in general this whole mission was bizarre so in a way it made sense.

After another 20 minutes of tense searching we decided to take a quick break and grab a drink of water. The rebel and I watched the way ahead while my guys took a minute of downtime. I was impressed by the rebel, it was clear he had seen plenty of action and could acquit himself well. It was unfortunate that he had picked the other side. He chuckled as he said: "Can't believe I've got a bunch of stormies with guns behind me and I'm worried about what is in front of me!" I replied: "Yeah, this is a weird one. Hopefully we all make it through this and remember that it is possible for us to work together." He nodded quietly and in a few minutes it was our turn to have a minute to drink and "relax". I thought about how even if we made it through this, we were facing an enemy that could cause enough concern for the Empire to work with rebels.

34910519461_17d4440228_c.jpg

34654665100_a81c613cae_c.jpg

35001865836_cef366cc67_c.jpg

Side Note: Yes, I have transitioned over to fleshies. I know... but with new sets coming out in fleshies I felt like it was going to be inevitable.

NPU here mate! Looks awesome!

Edited by Ryn

Great story and build! I love the way you've done the curvature of the wall.

Interesting architecture (in a good way) - it definitely feels like some kind of utility area that would be found in a large palace, and it looks like there are plenty of places for an ambush.  Great story as well.