Sign in to follow this  

I've always had an odd fascination with the first wave of Alpha Team sets. Not enough to go out and buy them. But it was enough for me to download there instructions and proceed to revamp them to be more like how today's Lego sets are.

Link for Gallery (Contains .LXF for all the sets) I won't be showing all the pictures just one per set as to not clutter the post. The names have been changed a bit to better fit Lego's new system.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=569947

Each set also has at least 1 of Ogel's Henchmen. The ones in the vehicle sets have different colored chemicals as the collectible gimmick. Ogel needs them to make more skull bombs to turn more civilians into his minions.

Starting off with Charge and Crunch's Bomb Squad

charge_bomb_squad_1.png

Not a whole lot changed from the main build. Mainly beefing up the part that had the twin blasters. TeeVee got a redesign along with Ogel's Henchmen. I did take out the third vehicle and the target as I didn't think they fit anymore with the redesign. Perhaps instead a gate guarded by Ogel's Minions that Crunch could shoot at would work instead.

Dash's Chopper Pursuit

dash_chopper_pursuit_1.png

Quite a bit changed. Its almost not even the same copter anymore. 

Flex and Cam's ATV Patrol

flex_atv_patrol_1.png

The Submersible craft got the most change. It can now transform into a mech form for land based tasks. The ATV also uses the winch brick as it would make reeling in the craft easier IRL.

Radia's Recon Cruiser

radia_recon_cruiser_1.png

Very similar to the original set. Just swapped out some parts for sturdier ones and bulked up the cruiser a bit.

Ogel's Command Striker

ogel_command_striker_1.png

Again similar to the original set. Just more bulky. Rather than be its own set however I have combined it with.

Ogel's Mountain Base

ogel_mountain_base_1.png

The original build is nonexistent. It needed a complete rebuilding. Even then I'm not happy with how it ended up. I've tried redesigning it but I can't think of any way to shrink it down while also keeping the main parts of it. Those being. The jail cell. The harbor for Ogel's watercraft. The crane. The Lab where the skull bombs are made. The airstrip. The watchtower turret. And the iconic skull.

It is at least modular. You are able to remove the floors to get into the others. Even so I would really love help redesigning it to be more like how Lego does there villain bases.

Ogel's Aero Striker

ogel_aero_striker_1.png

Realized too late that it share a name with Aaron's wave 1 set. Didn't change it as it fits with the Command Striker's name. Regardless The ship does resemble the one in the base. Though it now takes off from a runway rather than act like a rocket. Still has the function to drop skull bombs. Just pull the technic axle in the back and a hatch will open.

Edited by Takanuinuva

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

None of the links work for me.

Odd they are working for me. Anyone else having trouble viewing them?

21 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Odd they are working for me. Anyone else having trouble viewing them?

404 not found sorry mate

Same here, just getting a 404 not found page. When I try it backward going to the Brickshelf home page, I get a white page with only text that reads "It works!". *huh* :def_shrug:

I would love to see these creations, but Brickshelf does not seem to work for me anyway. :look:

Perhaps you could post these on MOC Pages or Flickr?

9 hours ago, Karateduo1 said:

404 not found sorry mate

26 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Same here, just getting a 404 not found page. When I try it backward going to the Brickshelf home page, I get a white page with only text that reads "It works!". *huh* :def_shrug:

I would love to see these creations, but Brickshelf does not seem to work for me anyway. :look:

Perhaps you could post these on MOC Pages or Flickr?

Even the gallery isn't working?

I can try uploading them again as I don't have a mocpages o flickr account.

Edit: I believe I fixed it as I pasted the images directly to the topic.

If needed I will resize them.

Edited by Takanuinuva

On 6/3/2017 at 8:38 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Even the gallery isn't working?

I can try uploading them again as I don't have a mocpages o flickr account.

Edit: I believe I fixed it as I pasted the images directly to the topic.

If needed I will resize them.

Its good