paintballman

[GBW] - Cp 02 - Plantasea - First (no)Blood

Just now, Thebeeze111 said:

Literally right to the wire.. Posted in the last minute.

Oh yes!!!! It reminds me my examinations back at school...

Nice build! A lot of vehicles and action. Just in time to add some points!

Great build. I love the various activity and how the different soldiers reacted to the attack. Very well done. I also am a fan of the dirt terrain with sparse plants and the dark tan. It's very convincing. I think my favorite part if the APC. The camo is nice (though it's a little odd to just have sand green on the sides) and you did a great job using some of the curved pieces. 

Great entry just in time ! Congrats !

And a big one ! 4*2 baseplates ! impressive !

Is your armored vehicle is inspired from the Aliens film ? It is really close to the one we see in the movie ?

The rocky hill is perhaps a bit flat at its top and the bunker seems a bit too regular for a damaged build but overall the road surroundings in brown dirty soil and the little tress here and there are adding to the realism of the scenery.

But for me the real highlight of this build is the armored vehicle ! Great job on that one !

This is good! You put a lot of effort in to the build and story.  I particulary like the remote controlled vehicle.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:36 PM, sigpro said:

Nice build! A lot of vehicles and action. Just in time to add some points!

There are a couple of more vehicles in the factory...Thank you @sigpro

On 1/6/2017 at 5:39 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Great build. I love the various activity and how the different soldiers reacted to the attack. Very well done. I also am a fan of the dirt terrain with sparse plants and the dark tan. It's very convincing. I think my favorite part if the APC. The camo is nice (though it's a little odd to just have sand green on the sides) and you did a great job using some of the curved pieces. 

Thank you very much @Captain Genaro. The APC is also playable as the doors open and the top part can be remove to "play" inside. And as I see it now...yea...Sand green was not a good choice...

On 1/6/2017 at 7:01 PM, Faladrin said:

Great entry just in time ! Congrats !

And a big one ! 4*2 baseplates ! impressive !

Is your armored vehicle is inspired from the Aliens film ? It is really close to the one we see in the movie ?

The rocky hill is perhaps a bit flat at its top and the bunker seems a bit too regular for a damaged build but overall the road surroundings in brown dirty soil and the little tress here and there are adding to the realism of the scenery.

But for me the real highlight of this build is the armored vehicle ! Great job on that one !

Thank you @Faladrin. The main Idea for the vechicle is from Alliens APC. I agree for the kind of flat top in the rocks. I had few hours to finish it and I decided to not continue with that, as I did with some more side-stories in the same MOC 

16 hours ago, SkyPie said:

This is good! You put a lot of effort in to the build and story.  I particulary like the remote controlled vehicle.

Thank you @SkyPie. Actually I needed a couple of hours to made what I had in mind. Plantase R&D Department works well. This will not the only one remote controlled vechicle :wink: 

Edited by paintballman

You've Been Awarded ( 6) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Very large build. The APC looks very cool and original. I do have to question the GAU though, in reality those are literally bigger than a VW.  You put a lot of time into this. I would try to minimize the flatness of the plates a bit or add features like sidewalks or something break up the monotony of just plates on top of base plates in the open. Nice Job.!    

There is a lot going on here, maybe too much?  I like the bushes, the barriers, and the APC.  That APC has an ugly camo pattern, and I love that!  I see vehicles parked, men walking, a bunker in a mountain, drone vehicles, surrendering soldiers, crumbled checkpoint, a cruise missle launch( which isn't yours).  There is just way too much going on in this, and this is my opinion, you can disagree, but I think you actually have 2 different displays going on here...or events for that matter.  Your detail is good, a little too good.  30 millimeter and .30 caliber are two very different dimensions,  and as this is not sci-fi, I'm going to have to call you out on the remote control GAU/8 drone.  No way possible.  Maybe an M134, which is a .30 caliber minigun.  Your Pegasus, it sports an M1919, which is a .30 cal machine gun.  Same on the APC, .30 cal M1919.  I'm sure you know this already and it may just be an oversight, but it's something I noticed as soon as I saw your build.You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!