Murdoch17

1950's Town Hall with Mayor's car (10184 - 10232 - 70906 - 79011 MOD)

This building was inspired by 2008 set 10184, Town Plan. I added a rear to the building in a style like set 31026, Bike Shop & Cafe. The building also takes cues from ScotNick and his modular take on the Town plan set. (see it here)

34213347674_5390ae662d_z.jpg

I personally think this building looks very Back To The Future-like.

Please note, my version of the building is not modular, and swings open to reveal the inside, such as in set 31026. It even locks shut on a Technic pin to keep the building closed.

34213347854_84afdfb644_z.jpg

The upper floor features the mayors office with filing cabinets while the lower floor features the secretary’s desk. I know their isn't much in here, but I didn't know what to put inside.

34246408803_b3acc5b1a3_z.jpg

The back of the building. The middle rear window was very frustrating: it doesn't look like I imagined it but does manage to give off a clean appearance.

34205190223_5fe2d9826f_z.jpg

The car was originally based on the car from set 10232, (Palace Cinema) along with a front end inspired by set 70906 (The Joker Notorious Low-rider) and a rear partially taken from set 79011. (The Penguin - Arctic Roller)

34205190383_2e87150eb5_z.jpg

The car features seating for two mini figures, but the figures can not see out the front windshield. The trunk at the back of the car can fit a suitcase inside and the side doors can open wide.

34246408733_c2e097de1d_z.jpg

The LDD file for both car and building as seen above is ready for download here. Comments, Questions and complaints are always welcome!

34205187983_955b28d51a_z.jpg

NOTES: Newly edited model:  I revised the roof and column tops by suggestion of a certain Eurobricks user. The model can now open only up to 90 degrees and the year 1922 goes on the top of the building where the exposed studs are in printed 1 x 1 tiles. You can compare the new model to the old one above. (the old building model is NOT included in the updated LDD file seen earlier in this post!)

Edited by Murdoch17

It's a great start but the roof needs some work. It doesn't look like a distinct roof because there isnt an overhang and the colors blend together.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:38 PM, STHLM said:

I like the car the most. Nice work!

Thank you!

On 5/31/2017 at 8:45 PM, gotoAndLego said:

It's a great start but the roof needs some work. It doesn't look like a distinct roof because there isnt an overhang and the colors blend together.

Thanks for the suggestions! However, the roof is the shape it is without the overhang so the building can open up a full 180 degrees without having to run into the roof. I'll see about coloring it in black to make it stand out more.

30 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestions! However, the roof is the shape it is without the overhang so the building can open up a full 180 degrees without having to run into the roof. I'll see about coloring it in black to make it stand out more.

I see what you mean, but consider working on the front and rear overhangs. You could even run the overhang back to the hinge point and make it one plate higher than the back and use tiles so everything clears while open. Currently it looks like a building with a top instead of a building with a roof.

Edited by gotoAndLego

3 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I see what you mean, but consider working on the front and rear overhangs. You could even run the overhang back to the hinge point and make it one plate higher than the back and use tiles so everything clears while open. Currently it looks like a building with a top instead of a building with a roof.

I just fixed it and updated the ldd file and first post. I hope you like it better now - I sure do! (thanks for the help, by the way.)