jansued

[GBW CP 2] - Commonwealth of Southern Territories - An old man, a mechanic and a cop.

34152880464_63628b78e6_c.jpgcp21 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Legon Map, E6.

Deep within the Freedom Mountains, CoST maintains a small border checkpoint ( codename Grey Gate)near one of their civil aviation radar towers for supporting trade with their neighbors. But in the last weeks tensions rised. It all started with a car ramming the barrier. Then single shots we fired. Investigation revealed that a group of right-wing criminals from Plantasea were responsible for the attacks, hoping to shut down the border - and to do their own business. The border cops (Zoll) and people living nearby starting to get nervous so High Command decided to fortify the checkpoint. An old bunker was reopened, a massiv new barrier was installed, concrete walls protected the border installations and a above all, a heavily armed SWAT Team of the Border Protection Agency was put on high alert.

Following the Declaration of war by Filace, High Command also decided to put Quick Reaction Task Forces on 24/7 at several key points in CoST. The 1st Gebirgsjägerkommando  (Mechanized Mountaineer Infantry) was given this task for the area of the Freedom Mountains, covering D5 to E6. The Gebirgsjäger are very experienced and tough troops, using special tactics and ready to fight in the in rough surroundings. A very wise decision.....

In the early morning hell break loose at Grey Gate. Around 20-30 armed gang members attacked the checkpoint in several waves, using assault rifles, grenades, RPG and mortars. 23 y/o  Border Protection Agent Peter Zimmerman who was at duty this morning took cover and immeadetly requested the SWAT Team. To his aid came Karl Wahmhoff, an 69 y/o farmer with his old K98 Carabiner who was working in a field nearby and also Anthony Chomley, a mechanic working at the radar tower. Those three heroes defended the checkpoint for 30 Minutes, until the SWAT arrived. Even then, Mortar fire intensified and the old border wall and the Checkpoint himself were hit. Agent Zimmermann was wounded, but kept on fighting. 

34955925736_3cca01bd61_c.jpgIMG_9567 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Border Protection SWAT securing the Checkpoint

Then the SWAT came under heavy fire and requested support. Due to the circumstances of this "Gang Attack"  High Command alerted the Gebirgsjägerkommando which responded with their QRTF and arrived within one hour at Grey Gate. Defensive Positions were established and heavy weaponry was set up.

34608055530_4e3328089a_c.jpgIMG_9570 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Agent Zimmerman was treated by a nurse from the nearby village.

34832423312_aa575fbb97_c.jpgIMG_9546 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

On top of the radar tower, a recon sniper team was deployed using a  HK MSG90 A1. Their intel was very useful in coordinating fire.

34955926256_bc727157bc_c.jpgIMG_9557 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Right in front of the checkpoint, the Infantry Fighing Vehicle (IFV)  "PUMA A2" delivered deadly blows with its stabilized 35mm MK3 - ABM Canon and Air Burst Ammunition to the criminals who tried to hide themselves from the deadly fire behind rocks and trees.

34955923416_f7209ef2c7_c.jpgP5300660 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

34152893984_50ec5d0609_c.jpgIMG_9551 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

The Gebirgsjägergruppe (Mountaineers Squad, heavy infantry) took positions in the nearby buildings:

- On the roof of the old bunker, a HK GMW 2 (Granatmaschinenwaffe)

34832421132_697d0b4cba_c.jpgIMG_9556 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

- At the damaged wall, a TOW BGM 71 H (bunker buster missiles or EFP ammunition)

34608056990_59471a8599_c.jpgIMG_9572 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr
34955926866_b1f93a8313_c.jpgIMG_9552 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

- A classic M2HB on an ATV

Additionally,  a Mini CRAM (Phalanx MK 30) provided cover against any attack with mortar and artillery strikes

34832418062_2d385e8c3a_c.jpgIMG_9582 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Shortly after the Gebirgsjäger joined the firefight, the enemy retreated hastely. Talking the Platoon Commander in the Tank via Intercom the Squad Leader reports  his findings:

34865743141_6e567577eb_c.jpgIMG_9588 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

It seems as we cleared the scene, Sir. I saw some dead and injured enemies left behind, the rest was running for their life. We won't go after them  - this would be seen as an invasion. Those enemies were not very well trained, fire precision was close to a stormtrooper level. Their apparearance was also strange: They looked more like some nerds from a Star Trek convention, some had kinda parade uniforms, some had fire helmets on. Very strange.

And Sir, one final word: An old man, a mechanic and a cop fought like elite soldiers and threw back the enemy. This is truly amazing....

34152894584_f97274579e_c.jpgIMG_9542 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Edited by jansued

18 minutes ago, jansued said:

group of right-wing criminals from Plantasea were responsible for the attacks, hoping to shut down the border - and to do their own business.

YAY ESCALATION! Now things are getting interesting. 

Edited by Thebeeze111

I see a lot of good details, such as the shots in the wall, the crater of an artillery shell, the mini CRAM, the IFV...

Nice!

A neat build with alot of details and well designed elements. I liked most: the TOW with the great use of this crapy lego "gun", the tank of course, the red radar dish and the silly happy face of the wounded Agent Zimmerman as the nurse taka care fo him!

It is a very nice scene telling a story .

And as Plantasean I have to tell you that I will enjoy to crush your build some time in the future (hahaha *huh* )

Great build as always !

I really like your defense concrete blocks and the Radar tower is excellent !

Great job !

You've Been Awarded ( 10 + 4 Bonus) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Holy..... Wow. more of the quality we've come to expect from you. this is truly remarkable! The amount of detail poured into this is just insane. Everywhere I look, Detail! I'm supposed to tell you what to do better, but you've nailed it better than I could. WELL DONE!  

VERY detailed.  Custom tank is slick.  The story unfolds, and the destruction is apparent!  I like the attention to figure detail, with the damage the men took and how the nurse is tending to his wounds.  The multiple defense positions are pretty well detailed as well.  Lookouts, Mk 19 grenade launcher, TOW rocket launcher, .50 cal on the jeep.  Excited to see where the next level of these campaigns will go!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!

Thank you honorable judges! I hope I can uphold this level - it took some time ;-)

9 hours ago, jansued said:

Thank you honorable judges! I hope I can uphold this level - it took some time ;-)

10 (+4) points! Congrats to ya :-)

Good thing the COAC still won though ;P

Edited by VaderFan2187

5 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Good thing the COAC still won though ;P

Watch it!!!

Refnor = Zebra

Great build!

Just a question though: There is no road in Legon map E6. Are these the correct coordinates?

On the map there are only the MAIN roads. I pointed out that this is a smaller road... ;-)