Norton74

[MOC] UFO | S.H.A.D.O. maintenance bay

S.H.A.D.O. maintenance bay

With a large fleet of spaceships and many ground units like the APC mobile, the S.H.A.D.O.* agency needs a modern and well equipped bay.
My latest build is the S.H.A.D.O. maintenance bay where the agency's mechanics and engineers can fix and re-fit the Interceptors and possibly the ground units.
The facility is full of details and it features also a service vehicle, a forklift and an hand pallet truck.

34710505961_a8a715ecfd_c.jpg

Under the wing an operator is welding a support and please take a look at the sparks :wink:
A little workbench and the column drill press are positioned on the right.
A spare nuclear missile is ready to be loaded.

34710502181_8fb614a0e0_c.jpg

Flickr gallery.

Thanks for stopping by.

*SHADO (an acronym for Supreme Headquarters, Alien Defence Organisation) is a secret, high-technology international agency established to defend Earth and humanity against the mysterious aliens. SHADO was the main subject of UFO, the popular '70 British television science fiction series about an alien invasion of Earth. 

Very nice. I still watch it his show occasionally (I have the DVD series). This is a great vignette, but I don't remember seeing this in the series, but something like this would have to exist to support the Inteceptors on the Moon.

oh yeah, the sparks look very realistic!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

As I recall, this would be like the maintenance bay in Space 1999.  Generally you only saw the Eagles blasting off from launch pads on the surface, but they went up on elevators as with modern aircraft carriers and below the surface was a huge supply of Eagles and their pods.  Logically the SHADO moonbase would need something similar, although I'm not sure about the APCs being based on the moon, or if the moonbase interceptors could go into the atmosphere - so I guess you're thinking this would be a standard SHADO bay on Earth and the Moon?

As an aside, I always thought it was unfortunate the interceptors only had one shot without re-arming!

Very nicely done.  The surfboards as landing pads are my favorite part of the build.  I always like to see Gerry Anderson MOCs, but I've only seen a few minutes of UFO.

Wow that's an incredible custom build, I love UFO especially the interceptors and Sky-1. You've captured the essence of Gerry Anderson's show perfectly with that build.

On 30/5/2017 at 5:25 PM, Andy D said:

Very nice. I still watch it his show occasionally (I have the DVD series). This is a great vignette, but I don't remember seeing this in the series, but something like this would have to exist to support the Inteceptors on the Moon.

oh yeah, the sparks look very realistic!

Andy D

Many thanks @Andy D this bay didn't appear in the TV series but I think the Inteceptors needed this kind of facility...:wink:

On 31/5/2017 at 10:40 AM, ExcelsiorUK said:

As I recall, this would be like the maintenance bay in Space 1999.  Generally you only saw the Eagles blasting off from launch pads on the surface, but they went up on elevators as with modern aircraft carriers and below the surface was a huge supply of Eagles and their pods.  Logically the SHADO moonbase would need something similar, although I'm not sure about the APCs being based on the moon, or if the moonbase interceptors could go into the atmosphere - so I guess you're thinking this would be a standard SHADO bay on Earth and the Moon?

As an aside, I always thought it was unfortunate the interceptors only had one shot without re-arming!

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment. I've built this facility especially for the Interceptor, so I think the bay is located on the moon :wink:

On 8/6/2017 at 11:22 AM, roadstermatt said:

this is very cool I love it :thumbup:

Thank you mate ;)

On 10/6/2017 at 6:43 PM, icm said:

Very nicely done.  The surfboards as landing pads are my favorite part of the build.  I always like to see Gerry Anderson MOCs, but I've only seen a few minutes of UFO.

Thanks icm, listen to what is my opinion is one of the greatest TV themes of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQUdcYk82U

On 11/6/2017 at 8:29 PM, Futuron-Pirate said:

Wow that's an incredible custom build, I love UFO especially the interceptors and Sky-1. You've captured the essence of Gerry Anderson's show perfectly with that build.

many thanks for your kind words :sweet:

On 14/6/2017 at 2:50 PM, av_bossk said:

Wonderful build !

Thanks, very appreciated :wink: