Hoth Rebel

[MOC] Assault on Hoth MOC layout 2017

Here is my Assault on Hoth MOC layout. The idea for this build came after building the Raskolnikov AT-ATs half a year ago. They were standing on display next to other SW sets, but I felt that they deserved more. 

The intention was to make a Hoth display for the Imperial side instead of an Echo Base, which has been done many times already. After designing the layout in LDD I started building and more ideas came to mind. I decided that I still needed some Rebel influences as otherwise the display would be too dull, so I opted to go for a Trench as seen in Episode V.   

The entire build is modular so that I can easily transport it. The left and right side are both on 2 48x48 baseplates and are connected via technic pins. The 'snowground' is constructed with 16x16 plates and some smaller ones. 

Dimensions: 
Entire build: 96x96 studs (80x80 cm)
Snowground: 88x88 studs
Partcount: 13000+  

Credit:
I used a lot of inspiration from existing MOCs/MODs and other things. Credit goes to all these people for their builds:

Edited by Hoth Rebel

Wow, great build. I especially like the view from above looking down on the two walkers and the whole MOC.

This should be enough to inspire people to build one of Raskolnikov's AT-ATs.

From the title, I thought this was going to be a topic about the much-maligned 75098 Assault on Hoth set.  So I was pleasantly surprised to see some very handsome AT-ATs in a nice looking display.  Great job!  Are you planning on bringing it anywhere?

Thanks :) I thought the Assault on Hoth 'joke' was funny, but I suppose it causes only confusion haha. 

But maybe later, I've never been to a convention or something like that before so I don't really know yet. 

Assault on Hoth is such an epic battle. Your MOC has clearly an UCS status, compared to the 75098...