Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

40 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have been wondering why new monkey mold doesn’t have minifigure hand? I mean most of us know that the new monkeys can’t hold poop and other pieces. They only can hold bars and staffs. And why not minifigur-like arms so these arms could be movable for monkeys. 

If the Lego Group would make gorillas in a near future, Unlike new monkey, I’m not sure gorilla mold could be able to hold anything because of the body size.

I’m guessing it’s a combination of both cost and size. The hand that can clip or hold is already ‘oversized’ and adding moving parts like a minifigure hand would increase production costs 

17 minutes ago, williejm said:

I’m guessing it’s a combination of both cost and size. The hand that can clip or hold is already ‘oversized’ and adding moving parts like a minifigure hand would increase production costs 

Yup, agreed on this thought you have. 

I just wonder why they don’t go with a moving hand, it’s little easy to hold a poop piece and other stuffs. And less costy a bit to make. So yeah, I guess it’s just a tight budget. Oh well…

On the bright side, I really like the new monkey mold. It is just adorable to add to my Animal Kingdom collection.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The GWP Ideas Sailboat does indeed come with two dolphins. Nice!

Nice, not bad for such a small set :sweet: However the gull stayed behind on the island it seems so it do not get top marks because of that :shrug_oh_well:
I wonder what to buy to get it, I have no shortage of sets on the list, but most sets are cheaper in other stores so I lose money to buy it directly from Lego. This is probably going to be a expensive GWP :wacko:

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The GWP Ideas Sailboat does indeed come with two dolphins. Nice!

Ooo taht sounds really neat! I wonder when GWP Ideas will be available.