Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Was almost sure it would include the cub :shrug_oh_well:

Same. Lol 

still, I need that monkey army.

wondering now if the new monkey mould will make a recoloured appearance in the new Friends set that’s coming up.

There is a sheep in the micky and donald farm set 10775

Edited by Kallego
Sorry just saw it was discussed earlier

30 minutes ago, Kallego said:

There is a sheep in the micky and donald farm set 10775

No need to apologise! Pretty amazing that a Disney set is giving us not only three existing ‘system’ animals (horse, rabbit, and chicken) but also the brand new sheep. Don’t think any of us could have predicted that!

Wow! What a year for LEGO animals! It’s like all our Christmases have come at once. Lions, elephants, monkeys, sheep! :pir-wub: Those bigger animals look mightily cool and the small ones are absolutely adorable. Looking forward to seeing many, many MOCs and brickfilms and whatnot with Africa influences and perhaps the odd Narnia scene. 

I actually think the Elephant might the same in both sets, just larger seperate horn/tusk parts, and the trunk is turned around in the box picture.

Small tusk really look the same size/shape as the standard small horn : 53451.jpg 1,4 cm

Larger tusk might be the larger standard horn, but can't say for sure : 40379.jpg 3,3 cm

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The white jeep with the lioness is a set I’ve had my eye on for a while, even before it was confirmed we were getting those other sets. I just thought if there is another safari set we probably won’t get any new animals and will just get copies / reprints from other sets. 

Also it’s strange but I think I prefer the 4+ lion set to the white jeep, the red and tan off-roader has a nice colour scheme imo  and also uses no stickers. Hopefully the 4+ set is reduced by the end of this year so I can pick up that glorious lion 🦁 

Ahh. I see your point there! I got that Safari Off-Roader set with lion ness and I love it! But I am really excited about the 4+ set with maned lion and lion cub. So I could complete a pride!

and I don’t think it’s a jeep? It looks more like Land Rover than Jeep. 

Very disappointed that the larger set doesn’t contain any new animals other than repeat what is in the other sets. Who knows when we’ll ever see a giraffe? 😓

12 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Very disappointed that the larger set doesn’t contain any new animals other than repeat what is in the other sets. Who knows when we’ll ever see a giraffe? 😓

I wish LEGO packed their sets more like Playmobil's when it comes to animals, having a Lion Family in a single set, Playmobil has done it many times in sets like these :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSDWsfADOudFBBLZK0uU4Playmobil - 4830 - Famille de lions avec singes - Playmobil - Fnac.bePlaymobil-Wild-Life-6798-Aventuriers-ave

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Wow! What a year for LEGO animals! It’s like all our Christmases have come at once. Lions, elephants, monkeys, sheep! :pir-wub: Those bigger animals look mightily cool and the small ones are absolutely adorable. Looking forward to seeing many, many MOCs and brickfilms and whatnot with Africa influences and perhaps the odd Narnia scene. 

When you said sheep, you mean the one from Mickey farm set, right? Is it more Disneyified or just regular one? 

And i agree with you - it’s like Christmas. I’m really excited about new animals!

29 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Are you talking about 60302 or 60307? If you are talking about 60307, you may need to take a look at City’s larger Jungle set from 2017 It had a tiger (just reprinted jaguar mold). I was fine with this idea they repeat animal molds. 

However, giraffe sounds really great for sure!

But I don’t think 60307 is revealed officially? 

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

When you said sheep, you mean the one from Mickey farm set, right? Is it more Disneyified or just regular one? 

It’s a regular sheep 🐑

there are some close ups on Instagram that show it better

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And i agree with you - it’s like Christmas. I’m really excited about new animals!

Are you talking about 60302 or 60307? If you are talking about 60307, you may need to take a look at City’s larger Jungle set from 2017 It had a tiger (just reprinted jaguar mold). I was fine with this idea they repeat animal molds. 

However, giraffe sounds really great for sure!

But I don’t think 60307 is revealed officially? 

Not sure if the set number but there is a pic of a larger set with both elephants and lions, which doesn’t really provide much incentive to buy it. I thought the largest jungle set had a tiger, which although was a re-used mould it was something different. It’s just annoying as these themes only crop up every three years and I can’t see another African based wildlife set again for some time. A huge shame.

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

It’s a regular sheep 🐑

YESSSSSS

10 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Not sure if the set number but there is a pic of a larger set with both elephants and lions, which doesn’t really provide much incentive to buy it. I thought the largest jungle set had a tiger, which although was a re-used mould it was something different. It’s just annoying as these themes only crop up every three years and I can’t see another African based wildlife set again for some time. A huge shame.

So the two smallest sets “only” have dark tan monkeys

the existing off roader has “only” a tan lioness

the new 4+ set has a tan male lion, tan lion cub and a printed python (lion and python exclusive)

the second biggest set has an adult elephant, baby elephant, green crocodile, and two dark tan monkeys (baby elephant and croc exclusive) 

the big retail exclusive has an adult elephant, tan lioness, white male lion, one each of tan and white lion cubs, and two tan monkeys (white lions and tan monkeys exclusive)

> all three of the new larger wildlife sets have exclusive critters, even if it’s only the colour or printing.

3 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

I for one can’t wait to make an Aslan moc with that standard lion, as soon as I get that set I’m going to put together some custom Pevensies and maybe a Stone Table MOC! 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ahh. I see your point there! I got that Safari Off-Roader set with lion ness and I love it! But I am really excited about the 4+ set with maned lion and lion cub. So I could complete a pride!

and I don’t think it’s a jeep? It looks more like Land Rover than Jeep. 

I’m awful with car types / brands :grin:

26 minutes ago, williejm said:

So the two smallest sets “only” have dark tan monkeys

the existing off roader has “only” a tan lioness

the new 4+ set has a tan male lion, tan lion cub and a printed python (lion and python exclusive)

the second biggest set has an adult elephant, baby elephant, green crocodile, and two dark tan monkeys (baby elephant and croc exclusive) 

the big retail exclusive has an adult elephant, tan lioness, white male lion, one each of tan and white lion cubs, and two tan monkeys (white lions and tan monkeys exclusive)

> all three of the new larger wildlife sets have exclusive critters, even if it’s only the colour or printing.

I agreed. I have no complaints about that 60307 (largest Wildlife Rescue set). 

Fun fact: White African lions truly do exist and it’s not albino. I’m a huge fan of lions. 

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

’m awful with car types / brands :grin:

Haha! It’s all good, it happened to me too! Tho, I am a Jeep guy!

As nice as the variation is, I just don't think the recoloured lions (or the same elephant with slightly larger tusks) is more useful than another animal that doesn't already exist in the Legoverse. A proper African wildlife theme should have produced a little more than what we have ended up with here, so I cannot help but feel disappointed, particularly as the theme is unlikely to return for a number of years (if at all). I like the new animals of course, but always feel Lego never bothers going the extra mile when it comes to City sets and I often avoid buying sets completely these days as a result. Even some existing moulds like the flamingos or ostriches would have added some extra variety here.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

It’s a regular sheep 🐑 

Where are these close ups, account or hashtag used? I haven't seen them in the normal places. 

5 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

As nice as the variation is, I just don't think the recoloured lions (or the same elephant with slightly larger tusks) is more useful than another animal that doesn't already exist in the Legoverse. A proper African wildlife theme should have produced a little more than what we have ended up with here, so I cannot help but feel disappointed, particularly as the theme is unlikely to return for a number of years (if at all). I like the new animals of course, but always feel Lego never bothers going the extra mile when it comes to City sets and I often avoid buying sets completely these days as a result. Even some existing moulds like the flamingos or ostriches would have added some extra variety here.

I mean ... if you have very high expectations then you’re gonna be disappointed. Did we really expect lion cubs, sheep and baby elephant this year, let alone the long-awaited reimagining of adult elephant, monkeys and a male lion? Let alone sets with 5 and 8 critters in them? 

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

I mean ... if you have very high expectations then you’re gonna be disappointed. Did we really expect lion cubs, sheep and baby elephant this year, let alone the long-awaited reimagining of adult elephant, monkeys and a male lion? Let alone sets with 5 and 8 critters in them? 

It's true that you will be disappointed if you have very high expectations. However, I know that Lego never really does go the extra mile when it comes to producing new moulds for City sets so I wasn't expecting them to give us any more than what they have. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to voice my opinion where I think there are shortfalls. It really wouldn't have been that difficult for Lego to commit some resources towards producing moulds for one or two more key animals for this theme. Just because we don't expect something to be provided, based on what has happened previously, doesn't mean it couldn't or shouldn't.

Just now, lifeinplastic said:

It's true that you will be disappointed if you have very high expectations. However, I know that Lego never really does go the extra mile when it comes to producing new moulds for City sets so I wasn't expecting them to give us any more than what they have. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to voice my opinion where I think there are shortfalls. It really wouldn't have been that difficult for Lego to commit some resources towards producing moulds for one or two more key animals for this theme. Just because we don't expect something to be provided, based on what has happened previously, doesn't mean it couldn't or shouldn't.

No, but look at what they tend to do - create animal moulds with more than one use. Elephants, big cats and monkeys can be used in various themes; giraffes and hippos are a bit more limited in scope ;) 

FWIW I think we all had expectations raised and dashed when the Prince of Persia sets gave us ostriches and camels! 

57 minutes ago, williejm said:

No, but look at what they tend to do - create animal moulds with more than one use. Elephants, big cats and monkeys can be used in various themes; giraffes and hippos are a bit more limited in scope ;) 

FWIW I think we all had expectations raised and dashed when the Prince of Persia sets gave us ostriches and camels! 

Yes, like you said here yourself, though we'd like to think LEGO makes animal moulds with an eye to reuse, we can never be sure and mustn't hesitate when they're released! Everyone thought for sure the camel and ostrich, and goat from city would be reused. But nope!

Even the cow with the most classic black and white cow print only came in one set. For all we know, that Disney farm set could be the only set to include a sheep for the next 15 years!

Whatever is going with that gray/tan lion? 

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

For all we know, that Disney farm set could be the only set to include a sheep for the next 15 years!

Dont say it out loud...

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Dont say it out loud...

Hehe, I hope LEGO's department that looks at sales statistics is prepared for the anomaly of why that set keeps selling out and AFOLs are walking out of stores with ten copies.

Reading Wikipedia, there is a rare colour mutation of South African lion that is white with a tan mane. So, LEGO didn't make it up, but it's a semi odd choice.

33 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hehe, I hope LEGO's department that looks at sales statistics is prepared for the anomaly of why that set keeps selling out and AFOLs are walking out of stores with ten copies.

Reading Wikipedia, there is a rare colour mutation of South African lion that is white with a tan mane. So, LEGO didn't make it up, but it's a semi odd choice.

I think it is great.  The more variation the better.  

I need a bunch of sheep though.  Going to be great for farm builds.  

I also really like the new monkey mold and can't wait to pick some up.  

The elephants are really nice and will be quite useful.