Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

Recommended Posts

Unsurprisingly the new barn owl comes in a HP set :grin: The set also has the white normal one and a pearl gold one with its wings out, in addition to 3 frogs (r.brown, pink and white) :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Unsurprisingly the new barn owl comes in a HP set :grin: The set also has the white normal one and a pearl gold one with its wings out, in addition to 3 frogs (r.brown, pink and white) :classic:

Can already hear you on the phone with customer services trying to buy some and being told they’re licenced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, williejm said:

Can already hear you on the phone with customer services trying to buy some and being told they’re licenced 

:laugh_hard:

"It is just a normal barn owl" :pir_tong2: Maybe I get lucky, they flying one is possible to buy there now:wink:
 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

3 frogs (r.brown, pink and white)

It has 6 frogs and a snake, this is definitely Nick Vas :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Unsurprisingly the new barn owl comes in a HP set :grin: The set also has the white normal one and a pearl gold one with its wings out, in addition to 3 frogs (r.brown, pink and white) :classic:

I was expecting to see barn owls in HP sets so I was not surprised eitehr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 11:39 PM, Robert8 said:

There is a pic of the new monkeys 

I think the arm/hand is a little oversized but they look great

Where did you see the images? I'd love to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I guess these are technically animals: no new dinosaur molds in JW sets this year.

Yeah it is a sad news. But it would be interesting to see existing dinosaur mold coming in new colors this year!

Slightly off topic - Extinct or not, dinosaurs are still animals! Scientifically, they are under Animalia Kingdom, I will say they are in special group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have we discussed the leaked helicopter set with elephant, baby elephant and Hidden Side croc stand-in?

Edited by K_Tiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Have we discussed the leaked helicopter set with elephant, baby elephant and Hidden Side croc stand-in?

I believe that's 60302. Not really, I don't think... thanks for pointing that out!

Kinda lame we get another helicopter-centered set, but the elephants kinda make up for it. The small outpost looks neat, along with the ground vehicles, but I think the land space needs to be more detailed and bigger. Those are just preliminary images, so who knows what we'll see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The elephant’s legs aren’t movable? Well, but at least it looks more natural than the old elefant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

The elephant’s legs aren’t movable? Well, but at least it looks more natural than the old elefant

Keep in mind, there are no official images of elephants yet. That’s preliminary pic you may have seen is/was not 100% finsihed. But yeah, I agree with you - it does look more natural than the elephant from 2003. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Jurasic World’s leaked set names, there would be Tyrannosaurus rex, Carnosaurus, Baryonx, and Stygimoloch. With no new species this year, of course, these existing dinosaurs may receive some updated molds and come in new colors. 

Of course, it’s my personal opinion, sp please kindly do not quote it on me. 

Back to extant species, I’m really exited about City’s Wildlife Resuce sets! I still don’t know when there wiill be official images tho. On the bright side, May is coming up very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Not sure if any of you have seen an pic from Intragram but Kingwong’s picture shows two penguins. I’m not very sure if this pic hints for DC set tho...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey guys. Not sure if any of you have seen an pic from Intragram but Kingwong’s picture shows two penguins. I’m not very sure if this pic hints for DC set tho...

Hmm... not sure that’s anything - they’re just the standard penguin and the ‘evil’ penguins from a few years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hmm... not sure that’s anything - they’re just the standard penguin and the ‘evil’ penguins from a few years ago 

Agreed. It looks like that mold is same as Wildlife Photographer’s penguin from CMF. I don’t think I have seen any “evil” penguin before. 

I’m not sure if they are for Batman’s enemy Penguin in upcoming set. I dunno if that was a hint from Kingwong. I mean he is a reliable leaker, as others say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 10:31 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. It looks like that mold is same as Wildlife Photographer’s penguin from CMF. I don’t think I have seen any “evil” penguin before. 

I’m not sure if they are for Batman’s enemy Penguin in upcoming set. I dunno if that was a hint from Kingwong. I mean he is a reliable leaker, as others say.

If it’s a hint - I have no clue. The red-eyed penguins came as sidekicks with the Penguin in a Lego Batcave set a few years back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There’s a new male lion after all, and a printed snake too :wub: Can’t wait for the new animals to hit bricklink :sweet:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh!

so - adult elephant seems to have maximum head and trunk as moveable pieces (but it still looks great)🐘

baby elephant seems to be about the size of the baby triceratops

male lion looks great, and as expected🦁

Egg with reptilian eye is indeed with the crocodile 🐊

and that printed snake looks fantastic! 🐍

**** so excited for all these critters****

 

Ooh and the reprinted stingray in the ninjago set has also leaked. It looks to be a rather odd fantastical print - so may be of limited use

New beasties from this wave so far 

new mould : 🐘🐘🐒🦁🦁

new colour or print: 🐊🐍

and all animals except the monkeys come with young or eggs. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have a System elephant and a lioness, so for me, the priority will be the 4+ set with the lion and lion cub. The printed snake in that set is an added bonus.

I would like to get the new monkey but doubt I'll need to get a set to obtain one. My guess is they will be available in due course through BAM, Bricks & Pieces and/or Bricklink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, williejm said:

Ooh and the reprinted stingray in the ninjago set has also leaked. It looks to be a rather odd fantastical print - so may be of limited use

Ninjago disappoint when it comes to animal moulds once again :hmpf:

However City delivers in every set and we still have the biggest(?) set and polybag left :grin_wub:
If we get the lion cub with "spots and stipes" in a couple of variants in BAM or CMF maybe, we have gotten most of the big cats in hole families.

I like that they give the elephant cow small tusks, so we can give it bigger if we want a bull or use the old one as bull, anyway we got a full family there as well :wub:

And the snake looks great to, strange they only printed the eyes the first time round, but great to have some different ones to use :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roebuck said:


I like that they give the elephant cow small tusks, so we can give it bigger if we want a bull or use the old one as bull, anyway we got a full family there as well :wub:
 

Yeah, surely the big set will either have a combination of the animals already seen (maybe new colour, bigger tusks, female lion) or maybe even a surprise we don’t know about yet.

Hope this is a successful wave as I think there is definitely mileage in more ‘animal rescue’ sets. They give an excuse for vehicles in every shape and form, as well as some landscape builds. Could easily work in forest, Arctic, ocean, coast, outback, jungle ...

I also like how these sets have managed not to make the cold blooded creatures the ‘baddies’. Yes they may be a threat, but at the same time that python and that crocodile are just looking after their own babies. And that scorpion just really likes bananas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say - I’m greatly pleased with the selection of the animals for Wildlife Rescues sets! 

Really really need a lion and his cub so I can complete a pride!

I am happy to see elephant and its baby! Definitley, i will get them. I’m not sure if legs are movable? 

Monkeys! Monkeys! Monkeys!

printed python... I’m not a huge of snakes but i would like to get that one. And crocodile and its egg. 

50 minutes ago, williejm said:

I also like how these sets have managed not to make the cold blooded creatures the ‘baddies’. Yes they may be a threat, but at the same time that python and that crocodile are just looking after their own babies. And that scorpion just really likes bananas.

The real baddies that can harm African wildlife are poachers.... the call of wildlife conservation! 

Surely, poaching is a dark theme for lego... 

However... rescuing trappe animals from predators is a perfect theme. For example, rescuing a lone giraffe from almost-submerged island and crocodiles were surrounding that island. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.