Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

15 hours ago, Lion King said:

What is your prediction for animals in Series 25?

for me, it would be raw, pigeon and sheep (obviously not new but seriously, I want shepherd with a crook!).

Did you mean crow?

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m still shocked that hasn’t been done yet, honestly. Not only does the sheep exist now, but they made a crook part for Bo Peep in the Toy Story 4 sets. They’d just need to recolor it.

The shepherd's crook has already been recolored in the UCS Back to the Future Delorean, and is on PAB now: https://www.lego.com/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6390370

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Did you mean crow?

I think raw pigeon would be OK. Cooked pigeon would be different, but at least it replaces the ubiquitous (and oversized) turkey! :laugh:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Did you mean crow?

Oops i mean to say fawn.  

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I think raw pigeon would be OK. Cooked pigeon would be different, but at least it replaces the ubiquitous (and oversized) turkey! :laugh:

Nope, not what I meant… lol 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Still not brown, but nice to know the mold still exists and isn’t IP locked or anything 

Agreed,  I prefer it to be brown enough natural for shepherd to hold. 

17 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

BrickClicker has a new video with a Friends fawn in transparent sparkle pink! Probably for Dreamzzz?

Not sure but I’m interested in that trans pink fawn!

40609-1.jpg?202310020355
Cat for Halloween and kitten for x-mas, do not see any more animals..

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Cat for Halloween and kitten for x-mas, do not see any more animals..

There's a turkey in there. That's an animal...

15 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Are we expecting the 2023 arctic/ocean animals to show up on PAB soon?

October, or so I heard.

28 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Are we expecting the 2023 arctic/ocean animals to show up on PAB soon?

Sometime in October, I tried to get the exact date, but the PAB team could/would not tell me:tongue:
My guess would be that there are higher chance early in October rather than later in the month..

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Sometime in October, I tried to get the exact date, but the PAB team could/would not tell me:tongue:
My guess would be that there are higher chance early in October rather than later in the month..

Since the  City summer wavve was released in Europe in June and then it was released in August in North America, I guess the same parts from June will be avaialbe on PAB woldwide on “ame day” in October. 

I want polar bear and her cubs, more seals, orca!!!

Oh yeah and that big turtle

Edited by Lion King

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I'm so hyped. Even better if they show up before/during the rumored double points event next week. My wallet isn't ready :laugh_hard:

New pieces are showing up on PAB as we speak, all of the new animal moulds are visible but out of stock so far. Hopefully they'll be available to order very soon!

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

New pieces are showing up on PAB as we speak, all of the new animal moulds are visible but out of stock so far. Hopefully they'll be available to order very soon!

Some things are at crazy prices, as has been the recent pattern. Also some of the bigger ‘two piece’ animals seem to only be available in part 🙃

A lot of the animals have the same price or are cheaper on BL so that is a bit disappointing, LEGO City 60377 is probably better to buy then all the animals on PAB. However some of the juveniles have a decent price. There is also a lot of GWP to be had now so that must also be taken into consideration..

They are adding the parts in stock slowly now :blush:

26 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There is also a lot of GWP to be had now so that must also be taken into consideration..

Are PAB (Standard) orders eligible for GWP thresholds usually?

12 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

In theory no, in practice yes :wink:

1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

As stated, in theory no.  I always add something small to the order or some Bestseller parts to insure the GWP gets added & shipped.

Some of the animals from this year's Arctic sets are available on PaB in France:
- The big turtle (more expensive than on BL)
- The orca - one part for the body, one for the jaw (for half its current average price on BL)
- The adult polar bear (same price as BL, on average)
- The polar bear cub (cheaper than on BL)
- The baby seal (same price as BL, on average)

And perhaps others...but by the time I wrote this comment, the LEGO website is now down... *huh*
Fortunately, I had already placed my order for a whole polar bear colony.

I was wondering why some of you are saying the BL prices are better, but I realized the region matters a lot. I didn't know some of these parts were so easily available on European BL stores! Most of the new animal parts aren't even being sold by any stores in Canada, so PAB it is for me!

7 hours ago, karrit said:

As stated, in theory no.  I always add something small to the order or some Bestseller parts to insure the GWP gets added & shipped.

That what I thought too, but have been meaning to check it out ahead of double VIP next weekend. Looks like the current GWPs are added if you reach the threshold solely with Bestseller or Standard parts, which surprised me. I'd still add a regular set/product to the order to trigger the GWP shipping though.

Oh, and while it's obvious, and you wouldn't, I added the polar bear as my test, with 999 of them. $7692! :oh3: