Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It was in BAM also, but never in any sets I think :classic: Strange since it is a nice mould much better than the original snake..

Was it the last ‘squishy’ animal we got? Was always puzzled why it didn’t show up in another colour-way at least 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:13 AM, williejm said:

Is there any evidence that they DIDN’T though … ?

boring old green and black snakes in the Indy set, it seems - no new colours.

It looks like the snakes could be dark blue and dark green. Would those be new colors for them? 

12 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

It looks like the snakes could be dark blue and dark green. Would those be new colors for them? 

You’re right. That’s why these leaks are a pain - yes those are both new colours I think 

New updated chicken/hen mould:

AVvXsEgl6zIO7DsHCzx6uxS73I18A0E6__H0xDOr

"There is one new mould in the set, although it is subtly altered rather than something completely new. Chicken in Dark Turquoise (6441823 | 1413) replaces the previous Chicken element with Design ID 95342. The differences seem to mainly be a more defined wattle and a smoother area between the legs and base.

The previous mould has appeared unprinted in four colours:
  • Warm Gold (6170816 | 95342)
  • Silver Metallic/Flat Silver (6059314 | 95342)
  • Medium Stone Grey/Light Bluish Grey (6146899 | 95342)
  • White (6063271 | 95342)"

2 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

New chicken mold when other animal molds are more frequently requested kind of gets my goat ...

I'll see myself out ... :D

It made me smile, and then cry.

So you can stay. :wink:

I am not much into technical things when it comes to plastic, but apparently Lego have started using a different type of plastic which may require a new mould? :shrug_confused:

Or it can simply be that the mould was worn out after 12 years in the poultry business :tongue:

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I am not much into technical things when it comes to plastic, but apparently Lego have started using a different type of plastic which may require a new mould? :shrug_confused:

Or it can simply be that the mould was worn out after 12 years in the poultry business :tongue:

Factory produced chickens, after all

9 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I’m not sure what you guys talked about? I’m little lost here. 

The chicken, that comes in the new Up House set, is a slightly updated mould

Edited by williejm

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

The chicken, that comes in the new Up House set, is a slightly updated mould

Oh! I can’t wait to see them recolor this one in a near future. Thank you, pal!

Brick Clicker has a leaks and rumours video on YouTube that shows a new Summer parts pack GWP. It's pretty blurry, but I think it contains a blue/yellow parrot, yellow crab, orange fish, and one of the (new colour) dark blue snakes from Indiana Jones. All unprinted animals, although there is a printed bunny toy, if that counts? And then a load of coral (does that count as an animal for this thread?), water/trans light blue, and old palm leaf pieces to give them somewhere to live.

And he has a picture of a new Friends otter, which is floating on its back in the water. It looks pretty good. Just the eyes that are very different, as usual.

Then finally the fish is apparently coming in magenta (?), but he doesn't know when or where.

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

although there is a printed bunny toy, if that counts?

Do not count :tongue:

To bad they used a spot on that, probably why the polybag do not include any bigger printed animals :sceptic:
I think the spring one that is live now is one of the best, the summer one look average. However I really like the line of sets so we that only buy some parts can get a GWP as well so not only the ones buying the huge sets for full price get something:sweet:

On 3/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, DarrellBricker said:

New chicken mold when other animal molds are more frequently requested kind of gets my goat ...

I'll see myself out ... :D

Realistically, animals that get a lot of use are the ones that are more likely to need mold refreshes as the original molds wear out. The chicken has seen quite a bit of use—it's almost 10 years old at this point!—so it's not too surprising that the older molds might be worn out and due for some minor improvements.

36 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Realistically, animals that get a lot of use are the ones that are more likely to need mold refreshes as the original molds wear out. The chicken has seen quite a bit of use—it's almost 10 years old at this point!—so it's not too surprising that the older molds might be worn out and due for some minor improvements.

I’m still waiting for a new bat mold….

15 hours ago, Lion King said:

I’m getting impatient with no news on animals from City’s. Arctic subtheme….

Agreed, I'm so nervous/excited to find out what the sets will include. Really hoping for some awesome polar animals :)

On 4/6/2023 at 2:07 PM, SketchBrick said:

Agreed, I'm so nervous/excited to find out what the sets will include. Really hoping for some awesome polar animals :)

Oh yeah. There was a rumored orca that was suppsoed to be in City set some years ago but somehow it was said to be cancelled. I just want to know if that orca would make its appearance in Arctic subtheme this summer. It would be cool if they include new mold that we never get before, such as narwhal, polar bear cub, etc.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:59 AM, RichardGoring said:

Then finally the fish is apparently coming in magenta (?), but he doesn't know when or where.

It comes in a the little mermaid set that leaked now :wink:
It has 9 fish in 3 colours and 2 minidoll animals from what I can see. It is a decent looking set, but would have preferred a lot more coral reef made with fun parts and more sea-creatures..

Edit. Sebastian just looks to be a normal red crab and Flounder has more realistic print without doll-eyes it seems :shrug_confused:

Edited by Roebuck

42 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It comes in a the little mermaid set that leaked now :wink:
It has 9 fish in 3 colours and 2 minidoll animals from what I can see. It is a decent looking set, but would have preferred a lot more coral reef made with fun parts and more sea-creatures..

Edit. Sebastian just looks to be a normal red crab and Flounder has more realistic print without doll-eyes it seems :shrug_confused:

It's such a missed opportunity to use the old crab mould and not update it. What a shame.

Missed opportunity to update the fish mould too, for that matter!

Not sure what the this theme will bring with animal moulds if any, but there is a lot of focus on animals it seems:

LEGO-Dreamzzz-Flower-Deer-1400x775.jpg