Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Yeah the pics are rubbish quality. Deffo a blue kitten - to go with the existing blue cat. The hare is in a fire set, and the desert monster truck set, the dark grey kitten in another fire set , and tan French bulldog & dark grey cat in a small vet van set. Tan horse appears in police academy set (I guess it might have new head print?). The only revealed new things are otter, puppy (which is adorable), and blue kitty that i can see. Grey cat might be a new print too.

On a related note - am LOVING the new fat cat in the Friends sets, as well as the recoloured Bruni salamander and the dog with assistance wheels

Thanks for the info, have only seen a few of those pictures so far, but there is a white kitten in a garbage truck set.:classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Is the print new for that one?

Looks like it 

has at least a chest flash which the BAM dark grey cat doesn’t 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

YES! Puppy! That’s exactly what I predicted after we got kittens this year!

Indeed. Nice call! I didn’t think it would happen.

Now we need husky puppies !

4 hours ago, Killian said:

LOOK AT THIS CAT! JUST LOOK AT IT!   :purrr:

!                                                                                                                                           s-l500

So good. I love fat grumpy Friends cat 

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Fat grumpy Friends cat is also in 41742 Cat Hotel as a dark brown hungry/licking cat.

I wonder if they're supposed to represent Tard the Grumpy Cat and Lil' Bub the tongue cat as a kind of meme-ish pop culture reference?

download (29)

Those excited about the minidoll salamander getting a n unlicensed variant will be happy to hear that it will be featuring in an upcoming Friends polybag. 

And an upcoming City polybag is also set to include the classic version of the husky and one of the unprinted yellow butterflies. So it’s a good year for animals in cheap sets all around. 

11 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Those excited about the minidoll salamander getting a n unlicensed variant will be happy to hear that it will be featuring in an upcoming Friends polybag. 

If Lego are recolouring the Disney's Frozen Lizard for Friends, I wonder why they didn't recolour the Disney Racoon from set 41142 when they introduced Racoons into the Friends theme?

19 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Blue rabbit and blue bird are coming to BAM next year. Photos on Reddit Legoleak

Looks like the rabbit is the sand-blue colour same as the hammerhead shark.

French bulldog also in a new colour & print for bam, in dark nougat colour (I think) 

1 minute ago, williejm said:

Looks like the rabbit is the sand-blue colour same as the hammerhead shark.

French bulldog also in a new colour & print for bam, in dark nougat colour (I think) 

Yes, just took a closer look and thought that might be new too.

5 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Yes, just took a closer look and thought that might be new too.

Actually think now it’s the same print as the existing tan one, but on a new colour - which works for me 

Is there also a chance that the blue bird is a new colour of blue to the existing one?

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Is there also a chance that the blue bird is a new colour of blue to the existing one?

It looks different, but it might be the light on the picture :sceptic:

Nice to see unique BAM animals are back in full force in 2023 :sweet:

I really hope Lego could one day come up with a goat again, and also a rooster mould (non-Duplo). This would complete all the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

37 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I really hope Lego could one day come up with a goat again, and also a rooster mould (non-Duplo). This would complete all the animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

I got sick of waiting for Lego to make a new Goat. They know it's the most demanded animal but they refuse to give us one, so I just ordered loads of the knock-off Goats that are indistinguishable from Lego Goats apart from not saying Lego on the moulds. They come in more colours and designs too.

Lego Disney Princess has at least one Rooster mould.

On 12/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, hikouki said:

Yeah! And I’m waiting for fox, moose, duck, beaver, kangaroo, fawn, gorilla, panda, wolf, ostrich, hippo, rhino, zebra, giraffe, hornbill, and a few more. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah! And I’m waiting for fox, moose, duck, beaver, kangaroo, fawn, gorilla, panda, wolf, ostrich, hippo, rhino, zebra, giraffe, hornbill, and a few more. 

fox,... duck,...wolf - I can't believe we have not had them, especially that duck!

fawn - that deer mould is relatively new, so perhaps Lego will soon get to it.

zebra will probably just be a recolored horse. LOL

Edited by hikouki

Looks like the new modular has a rabbit and a squirrel at least, however in the most common colors of the animals :shrug_oh_well:

Also at least 2 rabbits in the next vip add on pack, hard to tell from the picture if there are any more animals there:shrug_oh_well:

20 hours ago, hikouki said:

zebra will probably just be a recolored horse. LOL

Ehhh I dont know.  Standard hare mold has a fluffy tail, does it? Zebra don’t have fluffy tail. And zebral need hair standing up on end.