Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, williejm said:

They can eat EITHER a carrot, some leavesĀ or a turkey leg - those are the only available foods for Lego animalsĀ 

98138pb055.png

6287856 would like to say hello...

That increases the available food sources by 33%!Ā :laugh:

omg, leaflet has leaked. Series 24 looks amazing!

the koala looks so cute!! and the minifigure isn't boring at all like in previous years
falcon is dark grey and looks like it might be the same mould as for seagull, maybe? i am not quite sure

Ā 

Edited by cebelicamya

Baby spaceman is sooooĀ cute!Ā  The archer is awesome.Ā  Definitely need multiples of at least half of this series.

11 minutes ago, cebelicamya said:

falcon is dark grey and looks like it might be the same mould as for seagull, maybe? i am not quite sure

Ā 

It's new 100% confirmed

Yes. The falcon feet/base are different, as is the wing shape. The head/beak look different too, but it could be the page being creased.

If you turn your head and squint, you might also get it confuse with a pigeon if you really want to!

The koala is lovely!

šŸØThe koala is just perfect, adore that it can grip on as well as (presumably) a bottom anti stud. That is now the first Australian specific animal (and adds to the tiger as the only Asia specific one, and the toucan as the only (modern)Ā South America specific one, fact fans!)

šŸ¦…Falcon is awesome - high time we had one, and canā€™t wait to see recoloured hawks too.Ā 
šŸ¶Chihuaua recolour is fine, and overdue. Think we are also getting another recolour of this mould in GWP this year, so clearly one ofĀ the designers likes chihuahuas!Ā 

Koala is very cute, must see the falcon better to judge it, but the wings should probably be more pointy at the end :sceptic: Anyway great to see some new animals :grin:

32 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Gyrfalcon?

It lends itself well to a few recolours, and you know the wings canā€™t be too pointy in case you injure yourself!

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Gyrfalcon?

I would say a peregrine falcon. I am with you it should have more pointy wings. This is more a goshawk with its wings like this

Better look at the new animals in a video review. Koala deffo seems to have the bottom anti stud & gripping hands. Falcon has no printing on wings or tail, just the head.

Itlooks like there will be a Brachiosaurus in Jurasic World theme next year. Itā€™s not known if itā€™s brick-buildable or molded at the moment but personally, I preer modeled one.Ā 

On 11/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, Borex said:

I would say a peregrine falcon. I am with you it should have more pointy wings. This is more a goshawk with its wings like this

On the other hand, more pointy wings might have required it to be molded in rubber like the seagull. And given that sometimes has inconsistent clutch, a plastic mold is probably better.

Cosmo the Spacedog will be in the 3rd Guardians of the Galaxy movie, so we're probably getting a new moulded Lego dog in a space suit in 2023. We'd better do anyway, I hope it's not brick built like the Porgs in Space Disney

According to brickclickers new Video the otter mould is coming in city set 60394 "atv and otter habitat"

9 hours ago, Kallego said:

According to brickclickers new Video the otter mould is coming in city set 60394 "atv and otter habitat"

Sounds excellent, I got my hopes up for the otter when I saw the hare in one City set. Looks like they include forest animals with some of the sets, maybe a new mould like a fox or badger is possible as well then :sweet:

21 hours ago, Kallego said:

I wonder if it's a recolour of the existing otter mould from Harry Potter?

And seriously Lego?! No Wolves, Foxes, Unicorns, Racoons, Goats, Beavers, Pandas, Kangaroos etc in Lego City/CMF/Castle... But we're getting Otters?!

(and I know we had Goats in 1 medieval Lego set, but that was 300 years ago. We need a new Goat!)

1 hour ago, Killian said:

I wonder if it's a recolour of the existing otter mould from Harry Potter?

And seriously Lego?! No Wolves, Foxes, Unicorns, Racoons, Goats, Beavers, Pandas, Kangaroos etc in Lego City/CMF/Castle... But we're getting Otters?!

(and I know we had Goats in 1 medieval Lego set, but that was 300 years ago. We need a new Goat!)

I mean, the otter mould already exists so why would it not be logical to use it? All the other moulds that first appeared as ā€˜patronusesā€™ have come as ā€˜normalā€™ animals ā€¦Ā 

You know whatā€™s better than a set with a new recolored otter?

A set with TWO of the new recolored otters! :D

13 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

You know whatā€™s better than a set with a new recolored otter?

A set with TWO of the new recolored otters! :D

Sounds great :sweet: It is a small set as well right? The first minifig puppy as well? Instagram is in a grumpy mood so will not let me see the pictures without logging in first :hmpf_bad:

Edit seen the otter set now, excellent stuff:thumbup:
One of the monkey kid sets has the hen from this year and a blue kitten? Hard to tell when the picture is so small :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Roebuck

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Sounds great :sweet: It is a small set as well right? The first minifig puppy as well? Instagram is in a grumpy mood so will not let me see the pictures without logging in first :hmpf_bad:

Edit seen the otter set now, excellent stuff:thumbup:
One of the monkey kid sets has the hen from this year and a blue kitten? Hard to tell when the picture is so small :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah the pics are rubbish quality. Deffo a blue kitten - to go with the existing blue cat. The hare is in a fire set, and the desert monster truck set, theĀ dark grey kitten in another fire set , and tan French bulldog & dark grey catĀ in a small vet vanĀ set. Tan horse appears in police academy set (I guess it might have new head print?). The onlyĀ revealed new things are otter, puppy (which is adorable), and blue kitty that iĀ can see. Grey cat might be a new print too.

On a related note - am LOVING the new fat cat in the Friends sets, as well as the recoloured Bruni salamander and the dog withĀ assistance wheelsĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by williejm