Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

The new hen comes in the bricktober pirate ship. Not very useful info since there is a lot of cheaper and easier ways to get it, but it is the 4th set it is in so becoming rather widespread already :sweet:

Really hope we get recolored piglets, lambs, calfs and/or foals in BAM (hopefully all 4):tongue:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The new hen comes in the bricktober pirate ship. Not very useful info since there is a lot of cheaper and easier ways to get it, but it is the 4th set it is in so becoming rather widespread already :sweet:

Really hope we get recolored piglets, lambs, calfs and/or foals in BAM (hopefully all 4):tongue:

Are you sure? That looks to me like a pearl gold version of it, not the new one.

41 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Are you sure? That looks to me like a pearl gold version of it, not the new one.

No, It is another potato-camera picture, so could be pearl gold or something different :laugh:

Reportedly, Jurassic World theme would theme would have some new sets next year.

No further info at the moment. 

On 9/17/2022 at 4:17 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Reportedly, Jurassic World theme would theme would have some new sets next year.

No further info at the moment. 

The news trickling in suggests the brand is going to somehow celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original film next year. 
No indication of exactly how that will be represented in lego sets, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some throwbacks based on the original trio of movies. Not sure what new molds we could get out of that though, since I’m pretty sure most of the dinosaurs from the original trilogy have been done before (then again, has lego ever done a proper brachiosaurus or other sauropod? That’s a pretty iconic shot from when the characters first land on the island and I can’t remember if Lego has ever done a ‘long neck’ previously). 

Looking at dinosaurs that made an appearance in the original 3 movies and that we haven't seen in LEGO Jurassic sets yet, these are the ones we are missing:

Brachiosaurus

Compsognathus

Pachycephalosaurus

Spinosaurus (although we got one in an old Studios Jurassic Park III set)

Stegosarus (this one was released in 2000 in some Dino Island sets)

Ceratosaurus

Corythosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Parasaurolophus

Of these, the ones that are recognizable and got enough screen time to justify being made into LEGO would be Brachiosaurus, Stegosarus and maybe Spinosaurus.

23 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The news trickling in suggests the brand is going to somehow celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original film next year. 
No indication of exactly how that will be represented in lego sets, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some throwbacks based on the original trio of movies. Not sure what new molds we could get out of that though, since I’m pretty sure most of the dinosaurs from the original trilogy have been done before (then again, has lego ever done a proper brachiosaurus or other sauropod? That’s a pretty iconic shot from when the characters first land on the island and I can’t remember if Lego has ever done a ‘long neck’ previously). 

Dont forget…there is T-rex Breakout diorama released earlier this year. It’s just an odd timing since 2023 will mark as the 0th anniveary of Jurasic Park movie. 

I would be interested in seeing regular sets that are based off the original Jurassic Park trilogy instead of the Jurassic world trilogy. So we would get a few new dinosaurs like Jonwill has a list above here. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 9/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, jonwil said:

Looking at dinosaurs that made an appearance in the original 3 movies and that we haven't seen in LEGO Jurassic sets yet, these are the ones we are missing:

Brachiosaurus

Compsognathus

Pachycephalosaurus

Spinosaurus (although we got one in an old Studios Jurassic Park III set)

Stegosarus (this one was released in 2000 in some Dino Island sets)

Ceratosaurus

Corythosaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Parasaurolophus

Of these, the ones that are recognizable and got enough screen time to justify being made into LEGO would be Brachiosaurus, Stegosarus and maybe Spinosaurus.

Honestly, several of these are very much ‘wait how haven’t they done that before?’ kinda things. 

Honestly, the biggest reason I can see for those big three to have been avoided before is molding issues. They’re all fairly large and have protrusions that have the potential to be too fragile if designed wrong (long neck, back sails, thagomizer), but I think some of the new introductions in the Dominion sets prove that it’s well within Lego’s engineering abilities, so hopefully we’ll see some cool classics for the first time next year. 

There are also a few on that list we could have gotten if lego had done the Camp Cretaceous sets properly and given us multiple well designed waves instead of the barely coherent sets we got that all had Claire or Owen shoehorned into them for no reason (I’m not sure what marketing executive got into their head that no one would want sets without the Jurassic World lead actors in them, but they vastly misunderstood what the actual appeal of dinosaur sets is).

I think the problem with the Brachiosaurus is simply the huge size. To come close to being at the right scale it would have to be a fair bit bigger than, say, the T-Rex which means the set containing it would be big and expensive. Then you have the problem that a big expensive set with a Brachiosaurus would be a much harder sell than a big expensive set with a "cool dinosaur" like a T-Rex in it.

12 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think the problem with the Brachiosaurus is simply the huge size. To come close to being at the right scale it would have to be a fair bit bigger than, say, the T-Rex which means the set containing it would be big and expensive. Then you have the problem that a big expensive set with a Brachiosaurus would be a much harder sell than a big expensive set with a "cool dinosaur" like a T-Rex in it.

Ehhh you made a good point about Brachiosaurus. However nothing is impossible and TLG is competely unpredictable. Last year’s Camp Cretaceous sets are “meh” - no new molds so far. However, we got a TON of new molds. Like….Quetacoatlus, Pyroraptor, Gigantosaurus’s body with “bump” (or back sail), Theriziosaurus. However, it doesn’t say anything about Brachiosaurus’ potential mold but I’m quite opmisiitc. 

So, yeah big sets are usually expsnive. But you forgot one thing - a big expsnive set came with TWO big dinosaurus. Like Indrominius rex vs Ankylosaurus, Giganotarus vs Therizinosaurus. It would be nice if they give us ONE big dinosaur in a big expsnive set - Brachiosaurus. 

33 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The new Winter Village set “Holiday Main Street” has no animals in it, it seems to me. 

It has the little blue bird in it. Nothing new though.

30 minutes ago, timemail said:

It has the little blue bird in it. Nothing new though.

Where is it? I didn’t see that. 

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Where is it? I didn’t see that. 

It is on the upstairs window sill of the toy shop. Looking into the bedroom.

13 hours ago, timemail said:

It is on the upstairs window sill of the toy shop. Looking into the bedroom.

Peeping tit 

Looks like the “Ray the Castaway” GWP will come with a (spring?) green fish, silver fish, red crab, and blue and yellow parrot. Nothing too exciting there, but a good amount of animals. I was hoping for the return of the hermit crab! 

Edited by Rolyat24

Tomorrow is the 1st day of October.  

Hopefully, we will know more about animals in City’s winter wave in a near future. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:23 AM, lifeinplastic said:

I wonder if there will be any new animals in the Winter Village set?

The flamingo needs to come in coral colour in BAM!

I think we should make a list of animals by year they were first introduced to keep track!

This site helps me to keep track of animals that I own and need to buy. They've sorted them by year which helps me a lot. https://www.minifig-pictures.be/controler/c_MenuAnimal.php

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is it me or Roebuck’s signature gone?

I was one week in Denmark visiting Skærbæk fan weekend, then home only 1,5 days before I left for a aquarium trip to Germany/Netherlands for a few days. So I did not have time to read or post here, but I am back now :wink:

Looks like I only mist the blue bird in the winter set:tongue:

Btw I managed to bring some animals back from Denmark and this odd duck:

82437_P1066226-2.jpg

Edited by Roebuck

On 10/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, Roebuck said:

I was one week in Denmark visiting Skærbæk fan weekend, then home only 1,5 days before I left for a aquarium trip to Germany/Netherlands for a few days. So I did not have time to read or post here, but I am back now :wink:

Welcome back!i hope you had a nice trip to Denmark and aquarium! :)

But that’s not what i mean to say you were gone. I meant that I can’t see the link right under your post. The link to “Latest Animal News” thread. That signature is what I am talking about. 

I asked that quesiton becuase I notified other users’ signaturs just disappeared. Like Robert8, etc. Not sure it was just me. 

Signatures are still there, but there's an option to turn them all on / off in Account Settings > Signature > View Signatures button, then save.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Signatures are still there, but there's an option to turn them all on / off in Account Settings > Signature > View Signatures button, then save.

Thank you for your help!! Now i can see the signatures. I don’t recall turning it off myself…