Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 8/10/2022 at 4:16 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am not sure i this has been discussed about cow and calf. But I think I understand why TLG didn’t go with black and white colors for both cow and calf. It may be becuase calf is very small and it’s more diicult to print it with black spots around. I think a light brown color is a great choice to pair cow with her calf.

LEGO has made a (pretty inaccurate) Dalmatian by printing spots on the standard Shepherd dog mould, which is a comparable size to the calf.

Black and white spotted cows are so common in the world that it's really a shame LEGO has never produced them again since the introduction of the cow.

6 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

It's very likely that material so that the wings don't snap though.

Agreed. But we have two wing-spreading eagle and owl molds. 

Hey folks! Looks like there are some leaked info for City sets next year. I saw 3 sets that seem that there would include animals. Let’s hope there would be a few new or recolored animal molds!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. But we have two wing-spreading eagle and owl molds. 

But maybe the seagull needs slightly thinner wings to be in proportion, so they're more likely to snap.

56 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

But maybe the seagull needs slightly thinner wings to be in proportion, so they're more likely to snap.

Ehhhh no idea, dude. Wings are fairly thick that they won’t be snapped off.

probably there may be another way, Ijust don’t know. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ehhhh no idea, dude. Wings are fairly thick that they won’t be snapped off.

probably there may be another way, Ijust don’t know. 

Could be because the seagull's wings are angled instead of straight. In a large pile of parts, the owl's wings will simply slide out from between whatever they're piled with, but the seagull's might get hooked around other items and the additional stress could increase the risk of breaking with hard plastic.

8 hours ago, Karalora said:

Could be because the seagull's wings are angled instead of straight. In a large pile of parts, the owl's wings will simply slide out from between whatever they're piled with, but the seagull's might get hooked around other items and the additional stress could increase the risk of breaking with hard plastic.

You and @RichardGoring made some good points. 

But I was not here to talk about seagulls’ wings being rubber. I was here to talk about their clutches. If I was a LEGO designer, there would be another way to “re-desgin” that seagull mold. Like…why not fuse the rubber top with the solid plastic bottom, like Atricoratpor from Jurassic World theme? That may solve an issue - seagull can sit firmly on a stud. 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You and @RichardGoring made some good points. 

But I was not here to talk about seagulls’ wings being rubber. I was here to talk about their clutches. If I was a LEGO designer, there would be another way to “re-desgin” that seagull mold. Like…why not fuse the rubber top with the solid plastic bottom, like Atricoratpor from Jurassic World theme? That may solve an issue - seagull can sit firmly on a stud. 

Maybe they were going for accuracy, and because of the large, rubbery, webbed feet that seagulls have, they decided to use that material? Ha ha! :laugh:

On 8/14/2022 at 4:20 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey folks! Looks like there are some leaked info for City sets next year. I saw 3 sets that seem that there would include animals. Let’s hope there would be a few new or recolored animal molds!

Sorry about this post-i was informed that the leaked list of City sets is fake, accroding to Powered by Bricks in City thread. 

On 8/14/2022 at 10:36 AM, Modeltrainman said:

Warthog,(to be printed as Pumbaa, but also normal) goat, baby elephant with bigger ears, baby goat, doe, fawn, rhino.

May I ask why you wish for elephant calf iwth big ears? We already have elephant calf mold last year. 

Is it Dumbo for your MOC?

On 8/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

May I ask why you wish for elephant calf iwth big ears? We already have elephant calf mold last year. 

Is it Dumbo for your MOC?

Yep! Its ears are a bit too small!

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Looks like the nougat bulldog might be showing up in BAM stations soon 

Oooo that would be great

On 8/26/2022 at 9:40 PM, williejm said:

Looks like the nougat bulldog might be showing up in BAM stations soon 

BAM :wub:

Going to Skærbæk fan weekend for the first time this year so hopefully I can find some good BAM treasures in the Lego house :moar::pir-triumph:

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

BAM :wub:

Going to Skærbæk fan weekend for the first time this year so hopefully I can find some good BAM treasures in the Lego house :moar::pir-triumph:

Build A Menagerie 

I know there is not much to talk about even no news on animals for next year just yet.

Now, the cow mold has returned -in farm barn and Lion Knights’ Castle sets this year. It has been years Sihanouk last time saw that mold. I kinda hope a camel makes its return bu not that ostrich . Ostrich looks too duplo-ish to me. 

In 1992, I played with LEGO Town, Pirates, Castle but I always kept my Playmo Farm with piglets and calf because I wanted this farm in LEGO. I waited 30 years to have the LEGO equivalent !
I have one but will take another one, my medieval farms are missing of piglets and calfs !

I would love some new additions for the farm : goat (!), duck, rooster, chick, goose, peacock, turkey...

Apart from Farm theme, 2022 was a good year for animals : squirrels in 3 colors, the one in the big farm set was unexpected but really appreciated in grey. We had the black and brown ones in a little City set.
Wa also had foal, kittens, a new color for the lion cub becoming a baby black panther and a new color for baby crocodile and hare.

I would love a wolf, we almost had one in Ninjago Theme, except it has 3 tails. A beaver too :wub:

Edited by notpennysboat

24 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

I would love some new additions for the farm : goat (!), duck, rooster, chick, goose, peacock, turkey..

Indeed, including a peacock in a farm set would be neat! During 90s, my great grandparents did own and raise peacock on thei farm. No one believed me when i told them there was a peacock, lol. I mean, we really need a peacock mold!

29 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

I would love a wolf, we almost had one in Ninjago Theme, except it has 3 tails. A beaver too :wub:

Wait a three-tailed wolf?! Which set it is in?

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I know there is not much to talk about even no news on animals for next year just yet.

Now, the cow mold has returned -in farm barn and Lion Knights’ Castle sets this year. It has been years Sihanouk last time saw that mold. I kinda hope a camel makes its return bu not that ostrich . Ostrich looks too duplo-ish to me. 

Don’t diss the ostrich. I love him. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Don’t diss the ostrich. I love him. 

*throwing my hands up* Okay, okay. I will apologize to ostrich!

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Indeed, including a peacock in a farm set would be neat! During 90s, my great grandparents did own and raise peacock on thei farm. No one believed me when i told them there was a peacock, lol. I mean, we really need a peacock mold!

Wait a three-tailed wolf?! Which set it is in?

lol I know that, I also knew a farm with peacock :) I was a Xena fan, so I often visited them to see if the peacock had lost a feather :o 

About the Ninjago "wolf", it's in the set 70671, from 2019, a white wolf with 3 tails. 
With a medieval fantasy theme, a three-tailed white wolf was okay. I loved the mold and I thought we'd see it again in grey with a new tail, but no :( 
I'm still expecting it ! 

Edited by notpennysboat