Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, williejm said:

So far Series 23 seems a bit disappointing animal-wise, will be interesting to see what new moulds it throw up though. Series 18 which was on such a similar vein gave us that gorgeous new mouse piece … so who knows if there’s anything lurking.

Yeah, several of the descriptions include accessories but some don’t, and since we’ve been consistently getting accessories even with bulky costumes it seems likely that those characters do have them. 

Most notably, the green dragon costume lady hasn’t had an accessory revealed. The series 19 Fox costume came with a chicken because foxes and notorious for raiding henhouses, so could we see something similar here? Dragons are known for carrying off livestock after all, and the sheep and all the new baby animals are the right size to fit in a cmf. 

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, several of the descriptions include accessories but some don’t, and since we’ve been consistently getting accessories even with bulky costumes it seems likely that those characters do have them. 

Most notably, the green dragon costume lady hasn’t had an accessory revealed. The series 19 Fox costume came with a chicken because foxes and notorious for raiding henhouses, so could we see something similar here? Dragons are known for carrying off livestock after all, and the sheep and all the new baby animals are the right size to fit in a cmf. 

If I recall correctly the last dragon suit figure had no accessories, which I assume was down to it having lots of constituent parts. But yes, you may be right. Especially if no new moulds used.

I also wonder if any of the Vidiyo moulds like the dragon wings might be used. 

Does anyone know if there is another animal that was exclusive to BAM Wall or are there all in the picture?

PjjDTty.jpg

3 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Does anyone know if there is another animal that was exclusive to BAM Wall or are there all in the picture?

Think that’s all of them. 

11 hours ago, williejm said:

If I recall correctly the last dragon suit figure had no accessories, which I assume was down to it having lots of constituent parts. But yes, you may be right. Especially if no new moulds used.

I also wonder if any of the Vidiyo moulds like the dragon wings might be used. 

The red dragon suit might not have come with any extra accessories, but neither did large molded costumes (like the firework costume from the same series) at the time, so that’s not really a metric even if we didn’t take into account that it’s reusing molds this time. 

I do hope they use the vidiyo dragon wings, since they’re bigger than the older ones and that would be another way to distinguish it from the red dragon suit. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The red dragon suit might not have come with any extra accessories, but neither did large molded costumes (like the firework costume from the same series) at the time, so that’s not really a metric even if we didn’t take into account that it’s reusing molds this time. 

I do hope they use the vidiyo dragon wings, since they’re bigger than the older ones and that would be another way to distinguish it from the red dragon suit. 

You forgot to mention - Cactus Girl, Flower Pot Girl, Birthday Cake Guy (not exactly costume…) came with no accessories. Not sure about Cowboy Guy - he has hor mold that attaches to its neck is as “accessory”. I used tot hope that Cactus Girl would come with armadillo mold, oh well. 

Yeah I agree with you on Vidiyo wings. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, cebelicamya said:

My store also had a chihuahua, but I took the grey cat.

12 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Supposed leak of an Avatar 2 set, which includes a blue alien horse.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lego_leaker/

Urgh. Not expecting much animal wise from Avatar sets, though maybe we will see some interesting recolours of existing moulds. Hope it yields some interesting foliage colours though. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Blue alien horse sounds…interesting and strange. Let’s ee about another Pandora creatures like dragon-like alien.

There’s one (brick built) in the same set with a 19 inch wingspan. Viewable on Instagram. 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

There’s one (brick built) in the same set with a 19 inch wingspan. Viewable on Instagram. 

Well, it’s quite a shame that this is just brick-built. Quetaalcatlus from Jurassic World theme kinda reminds me of that dragon-like alien. Ah well… I’m just a fan of molded creatures. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, it’s quite a shame that this is just brick-built. Quetaalcatlus from Jurassic World theme kinda reminds me of that dragon-like alien. Ah well… I’m just a fan of molded creatures. 

Generally speaking, so am I. Brick built can be fun (Ninjago Skeletal Dragon), but given the choice, I’d go molded pretty much every time. 

15 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Generally speaking, so am I. Brick built can be fun (Ninjago Skeletal Dragon), but given the choice, I’d go molded pretty much every time. 

Yeah, I wish there would be a molded dragon like Hungarian Horntail back in 2005. I would understand that TLG goes cheap to build dragon out of bricks.

I love molded dinosaurs rather than the diorama T-rex Breakout set from Jurassic World theme. 

33 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah, I wish there would be a molded dragon like Hungarian Horntail back in 2005. I would understand that TLG goes cheap to build dragon out of bricks.

I love molded dinosaurs rather than the diorama T-rex Breakout set from Jurassic World theme. 

Brick-building is not just a matter of "cheapness" but about having the subject of a set be part of the build experience, rather than a huge molded creature that may as well be a non-Lego toy. It also allows for better articulation and/or functionality in many cases. The T-Rex Breakout set can only have the T-Rex posed as it is (with one foot crushing the car and the other planted on the ground) thanks to its ball-jointed limbs. And for a diorama-type build (rather than a playset), that posing makes a big difference. As for the Hungarian Horntail, the new one this year is WAY more detailed than the previous one with molded head and wings, let alone the even older one that was mostly one molded chunk for the torso and legs. I don't really get why you'd want to go back to that for a creature that size, when brick-building can offer so many advantages.

7 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Brick-building is not just a matter of "cheapness" but about having the subject of a set be part of the build experience, rather than a huge molded creature that may as well be a non-Lego toy. It also allows for better articulation and/or functionality in many cases. The T-Rex Breakout set can only have the T-Rex posed as it is (with one foot crushing the car and the other planted on the ground) thanks to its ball-jointed limbs. And for a diorama-type build (rather than a playset), that posing makes a big difference. As for the Hungarian Horntail, the new one this year is WAY more detailed than the previous one with molded head and wings, let alone the even older one that was mostly one molded chunk for the torso and legs. I don't really get why you'd want to go back to that for a creature that size, when brick-building can offer so many advantages.

I get all of that on a philosophical level, but when it comes down to where I put my Lego $, I prefer molded. Animals/creatures at a minifig are just better to look at for me. Not saying it’s a better opinion than any other. My OG Hungarian Horntail is a really cool artifact. The best brick-built dragon I have is just a nice build. 

3 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I get all of that on a philosophical level, but when it comes down to where I put my Lego $, I prefer molded. Animals/creatures at a minifig are just better to look at for me. Not saying it’s a better opinion than any other. My OG Hungarian Horntail is a really cool artifact. The best brick-built dragon I have is just a nice build. 

Yeah, I do think molded creatures look good next to minifigures. 

Brick-built creatures just don’t scream for me. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Ughh... Getting a minifigure-scale alien blue horse yet no giraffe in City (and no, the Friends version isn't an adequate substitute) :thumbdown: 

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

Ughh... Getting a minifigure-scale alien blue horse yet no giraffe in City (and no, the Friends version isn't an adequate substitute) :thumbdown: 

Let’s see about next year. I sure hope we get giraffe and its baby!

ZERO animals in CMF S23. That’s quite rutted for a ‘regular’ series. Even the last ‘celebration’ series (18) gave us the new mouse and some other small critters.

2 hours ago, williejm said:

ZERO animals in CMF S23. That’s quite rutted for a ‘regular’ series. Even the last ‘celebration’ series (18) gave us the new mouse and some other small critters.

At least I will save some money on the CMF S23 :tongue:

6 hours ago, williejm said:

The last time this happened was CMF Series 8