Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Pretty much my thinking. If I’m honest I’m hoping for 1 or 3, but at this stage, I’m also just grateful for all the critters we are getting

Yeah, super cool that someone at Lego seems to be aware of the fan base's demand for animal molds and is delivering. And heck yes to farm sets.

1 hour ago, danth said:

Yeah, super cool that someone at Lego seems to be aware of the fan base's demand for animal molds and is delivering. And heck yes to farm sets.

Obviously we will be demanding new animals for the farm, 🦙🐐🦃 too… 

Maybe there will be a tie-in abattoir as an adults only set next year 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Those new piglets better not be too cute! I was thinking a turkey farm for next year's winter village!

32 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Those new piglets better not be too cute! I was thinking a turkey farm for next year's winter village!

Presidential Turkey pardoning set maybe 😜

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

My guess is that is 1 of 3 of the following :tongue::

1. something that is related to farm, so probably something in the forest
  2. something related to the wildlife sets last year (if they sold well enough they would release it the following year type of deal)
  3. something unrelated to current subthemes, maybe a vehicle set and or a preview set for a subtheme we get next year

Hmm why farm?  It opens’ t relating to “wildlife” since from aniamls are not that wild and not even in the wild. Unless….a wild animal attacking a farm animal like a fox stealing chickens!

13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm why farm?  It opens’ t relating to “wildlife” since from aniamls are not that wild and not even in the wild. Unless….a wild animal attacking a farm animal like a fox stealing chickens!

He means like ‘countryside’ animals, the sort of thing you would find alongside farm land in places like Europe / N America 

So, like, otters, deer, rabbits, squirrels maybe?

1 hour ago, williejm said:

He means like ‘countryside’ animals, the sort of thing you would find alongside farm land in places like Europe / N America 

So, like, otters, deer, rabbits, squirrels maybe?

Or a fox, i must say!

12 hours ago, williejm said:

As long as animals can be used as live ones later :tongue: I had actually thought that could be a nice way to get some animals in the modular street, use several of them in the sign or the wall to advertise the shop :blush:
However a D2C farm set would be my choice as a tie-in :sweet:

On 1/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Mmmmm, that does sounds great! I could see that could happen. Probably 4 aniamls in Missions st - crocodile, baby crocodile, toucan, and jaguar. 

Not sure about butterfly?

We had a jaguar in set 60161 and a black panther in set 60159, both from 2017. And we have some parrots. Together with the toucan and crocodile/baby crocodile we have now quite some animals for a South American setting.

Besides more new animals, it's also high time that the bunny was recoloured into something other than white, and that the hare and otter moulds they already made are done as real live animals.

A recoloured bunny or hare could totally work in farm sets.

19 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Besides more new animals, it's also high time that the bunny was recoloured into something other than white, and that the hare and otter moulds they already made are done as real live animals.

A recoloured bunny or hare could totally work in farm sets.

The issue there I believe is that the moulds for transparent versions of parts are different to those used for solid colours due to different material shrinkage properties. So a trans-blue otter mould can not be used for a solid colour without causing issues with connection/clutch

2 minutes ago, CastleRail said:

The issue there I believe is that the moulds for transparent versions of parts are different to those used for solid colours due to different material shrinkage properties. So a trans-blue otter mould can not be used for a solid colour without causing issues with connection/clutch

At this point, Lego is practically trolling us with that white rabbit

the deer mould went from trans to solid colour, so I don’t think that’s an issue any more. 

And ok sure, even if they can't physically use the same mould, they already have the animal design and would just have to tweak the engineering of a mould to fit solid colours (if that is an issue at all any more). Surely that's easier than both designing a new animal AND new mould?

It's the same with the blasted goat. "The mould broke and is buried, so no goat". As if LEGO couldn't just make a new version of the mould....

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

And ok sure, even if they can't physically use the same mould, they already have the animal design and would just have to tweak the engineering of a mould to fit solid colours (if that is an issue at all any more). Surely that's easier than both designing a new animal AND new mould?

It's the same with the blasted goat. "The mould broke and is buried, so no goat". As if LEGO couldn't just make a new version of the mould....

And indeed the designs that exist virtually in games and animations, like the badger and the pigeon - they are halfway there!

23 minutes ago, williejm said:

And indeed the designs that exist virtually in games and animations, like the badger and the pigeon - they are halfway there!

I've always wanted that bigger pig with two studs from the LEGO LotR video game too, but I doubt it will happen.

37 minutes ago, CastleRail said:

I’m sorry but it doesn’t make sense…. Like Williejm said, there was a Patronus stag in Harry Potter set a few years ago, and then we had a reindeer (the same stag mold) appeared in Elf Club Hosue….. it sure takes a time to make some mold out of solid colored material rather than transparent materials. 

I am ot sure if there is a penguin mold from Freinds theme also shows up in this year’s Lunar New Year Ice Festival and this mold is competely trans? Please correct me if i am wrong. 

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am ot sure if there is a penguin mold from Freinds theme also shows up in this year’s Lunar New Year Ice Festival and this mold is competely trans? Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Indeed there is.

I think there’s a pony mould from friends that appeared in both solid and trans too … anyways I think the ‘issues’ they previously had between the two have disappeared or improved greatly 

12 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I've always wanted that bigger pig with two studs from the LEGO LotR video game too, but I doubt it will happen.

That’s just getting greedy now. You just want a pig steed, huh?

55 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I am with ya!

44 minutes ago, williejm said:

Indeed there is.

I think there’s a pony mould from friends that appeared in both solid and trans too … anyways I think the ‘issues’ they previously had between the two have disappeared or improved greatly 

Oh yes, I remember that Friends pony too, thank you for brining this up.

Agreed, it seems that there is some improvement to me too. One day…hare and otter will come back in solid colors. One day.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:52 AM, Aurore said:

Half-wishfful thinking, half-guessing : the set will include either a panda and baby panda, or a rhinoceros and baby rhino! :grin: 

I don't think we will get it this year, but given the importance of the Asia/Pacific market to Lego, I think it's only a matter of time.

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m sorry but it doesn’t make sense…. Like Williejm said, there was a Patronus stag in Harry Potter set a few years ago, and then we had a reindeer (the same stag mold) appeared in Elf Club Hosue….. it sure takes a time to make some mold out of solid colored material rather than transparent materials. 

Okay.

Go to Bricks & Pieces.

Look up part number 3024. Note the colours available

Look up part number 28554. Note the colours available

What do you see? They're all 1x1 plates, we treat the all as 3024. The plates say 3024. Lego does not treat them the same because they're different moulds for different materials.

The same goes for the stag. 51493 is the mould for the Christmas one, 51538 is the mould for the HP transparent one. Lunar New Year penguin? Friends solid colour penguin is 14733, trans blue penguin is 68940. Different moulds for different materials. Although the penguin is dual-moulded too so bad example.

33 minutes ago, CastleRail said:

What do you see? They're all 1x1 plates, we treat the all as 3024. The plates say 3024. Lego does not treat them the same because they're different moulds for different materials.

This used to be true, but since they've been changing the material for transparent colours it might not be as true any more. Design ID 37775 (the newer candle flame) turns up both the transparent colours and white. Same with 79194 and 65578.

In any case, we've all acknowledged that the moulds for solid colours might need to be different, but LEGO still has the element designed already, and just needs to tweak the engineering.

11 hours ago, alvinofdiaspar said:

I don't think we will get it this year, but given the importance of the Asia/Pacific market to Lego, I think it's only a matter of time.

You’re right, of course. I wonder if this makes it more likely that they would revisit the tiger (appropriate this year!) since we have moulds for adult and cubs, and could be used with existing snakes, crocodiles etc 

Those of you who've known of Bricks and pieces longer than me: Will there eventually be a period where I can just order new animals from the site? It seems like all the new (2022 jan) kittens and squirrels are out of stock now. Am I going to have to stalk the site every day or will they eventually just be available for a few months?

14 minutes ago, JamesBenjamin said:

Those of you who've known of Bricks and pieces longer than me: Will there eventually be a period where I can just order new animals from the site? It seems like all the new (2022 jan) kittens and squirrels are out of stock now. Am I going to have to stalk the site every day or will they eventually just be available for a few months?

Yeah there is usually a rush when they are new, but that tends to settle down after maybe a month or so … 

Longer absences do happen for some of the ‘big’ animal parts like elephants and large shark though.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Longer absences do happen for some of the ‘big’ animal parts like elephants and large shark though.

I’m still trying to get ahold of that elephant body! They changed it from $0 to an actual price, but it’s still been out of stock. Tried calling a few times too, but no dice.