Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

There was already a black and white cow in a 2009 City Farm set. It would be nice if the 2022 one had different spots...

I see no reason why it should have the same spots and remember this is prelim pictures, so they could have used the old cow as stand in e.g. er could get one brown and white instead :wink:

16 minutes ago, williejm said:

It likely will have different printing at least. It might even be a new dual mould (can see that making sense for the cow’s pink nose and pink udders)

That would be nice, we will soon see I guess :sweet:

I had little hope of animals with the car and a rabbit is better that nothing, but it would be nice if it was in another colour for once (remember prelim so could be a different colour or even a stand in for the hare if we are super lucky).
I was expecting a new mould with the hen house (since we get so many in the other set probably not any more), however will be surprised if not one or more white hens are stand in for one in a different colour.
Animal-wise the barn is a lot better than I was expecting.:grin_wub: Was hoping for the return of the cow and guessing a new calf mould, then maybe a sheep and pig. However was not expecting 3 new moulds in the set *huh*, hope the lamb and piglet comes in a polybag or similar because I am buying a lot of them :grin:

50 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

remember this is prelim pictures, so they could have used the old cow as stand in e.g. er could get one brown and white instead :wink:

Well, yes, I do know the pictures in the stonewars article are only illustrations and their source images are still preliminary...The colours I mentioned come from the text of the article : black and white cow, pink pig, white rabbit, white chicken - and while I hope for more I don't see the point of explicitely stating the colours if it's not at least slightly reliable.
The text of the article also mentions the three babies are new but does not states that the cow is : that's the reason why I did not assume a new mould. Besides, four new animal moulds in a set...I'm not optimistic enough to hope for it! :laugh:

Edited by Aurore
My first formulation of this comment was not really clear and sounded angry...

8 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Well, yes, I do know the pictures in the stonewars article are only illustrations...The colours I mentioned come from the text of the article : black and white cow, pink pig, white rabbit, white chicken.
The text of the article also mentions the three babies are new but does not states that the cow is : that's the reason why I did not assume a new mould.

Maybe we misunderstand each other :blush: The pictures Stonewars describe is from the Lego retailer catalogue and the pictures there are normally preliminary, so things like minifigs, new moulds etc have stand ins in the picture and the set often lack some details. Just so the buyers get a feeling what the set will look like, however it will normally end up better in the end with more details, new figs and new moulds or parts in new colours like animals :sweet:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Maybe we misunderstand each other :blush:

Yes, I did misunderstand you - and that's why I tried to reformulate my comment afterwards!  I've had a bad day at work, read your comment too fast and thought you were talking about the stonewars images. Oh well, I should know better than answering comments when I'm in a bad mood, right? :blush:

I hope the future will prove me and my pessimism wrong, and that we'll get a recoloured rabbit, a new rooster instead of the boring golden chicken, and a new cow! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I hope the future will prove me and my pessimism wrong, and that we'll get a recoloured rabbit, a new rooster instead of the boring golden chicken, and a new cow! 

:laugh::thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh::thumbup:

I like how we have collectively all raised our expectations for more and more and MORE animals 😜

2 hours ago, williejm said:

I like how we have collectively all raised our expectations for more and more and MORE animals 😜

I second!

On 1/19/2022 at 3:36 AM, Poodabricks said:

What's everyone's favorite animal mould? Mine is the chocolate lab from the 2021 city center set. 

Can't decide between the penguin, manta ray, toucan and the CMF turtle. Would really love the return of the camel though!

As my Mum always says if I've had a bad day - hope you have a better day tomorrow @Aurore!

16 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

Can't decide between the penguin, manta ray, toucan and the CMF turtle. Would really love the return of the camel though!

As my Mum always says if I've had a bad day - hope you have a better day tomorrow @Aurore!

Tomorrow *must* be better, as you tackle your day knowing that ickle baby Lego lambs and piggies are coming soon … 😜

@AuroraV, by the way, I’m sorry to hear you had a bad day but rmember, you don’t have to worry about the recent bad moment because tomorrow is another new day!

HHakuna Matata! Hakuna Matata!

@lifeinplastic @DBlegonerd7 Aww, guys! Many thanks! :blush:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Tomorrow *must* be better, as you tackle your day knowing that ickle baby Lego lambs and piggies are coming soon … 😜

THAT!!! :excited: And knowing that there's still a "wild animal rescue" set we have no info about...

41 minutes ago, Aurore said:

@lifeinplastic @DBlegonerd7 Aww, guys! Many thanks! :blush:

THAT!!! :excited: And knowing that there's still a "wild animal rescue" set we have no info about...

Right? We need a guessing game on that one. I’m thinking EITHER one that makes use of the new toucan and the existing big cats, maybe with Jaguar / South American theme, OR something using the existing otter mould and more based on Northern/temperate wildlife like the deer

Half-wishfful thinking, half-guessing : the set will include either a panda and baby panda, or a rhinoceros and baby rhino! :grin: 

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Half-wishfful thinking, half-guessing : the set will include either a panda and baby panda, or a rhinoceros and baby rhino! :grin: 

Deffo would not rule out a baby bear appearing soon!

I’m guessing “wildlife rescue set” would crocodile and baby crocodile or an ostrich and its chick.

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m guessing “wildlife rescue set” would crocodile and baby crocodile or an ostrich and its chick.

Ooh yeah the baby crocgator needs to appear in a set. I’m happy to put it in with jaguar, toucan etc in S America though. 

3 minutes ago, williejm said:

Ooh yeah the baby crocgator needs to appear in a set. I’m happy to put it in with jaguar, toucan etc in S America though. 

Mmmmm, that does sounds great! I could see that could happen. Probably 4 aniamls in Missions st - crocodile, baby crocodile, toucan, and jaguar. 

Not sure about butterfly?

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Mmmmm, that does sounds great! I could see that could happen. Probably 4 aniamls in Missions st - crocodile, baby crocodile, toucan, and jaguar. 

Not sure about butterfly?

I guess I am also taking my cue from the fact that announced Duplo sets seem to be featuring animals from different geographic regions. Up til now, Asian and South American animals have been much better represented in Friends & Duplo than City. So there’s some catching up to do. Also, Encanto is a big hit with the kids (and me). 

I'm hoping it's an African Wildlife rescue set, as it was very disappointing last year that there were so many animals that were missed in the elephant/lion sets, like a giraffe, zebra, hippo, rhino... We know with Lego Farm that we may have to wait the best part of a decade or more before some themes are revisited. 

I'd also suggest Wildlife Rescue may contain more than one type of animal, otherwise the set would simply be called e.g. "Elephant Rescue/Kangaroo Rescue/Pink Fairy Armadillo Rescue" but maybe that is my wishful thinking for more new moulds! 

21 minutes ago, lifeinplastic said:

I'm hoping it's an African Wildlife rescue set, as it was very disappointing last year that there were so many animals that were missed in the elephant/lion sets, like a giraffe, zebra, hippo, rhino... We know with Lego Farm that we may have to wait the best part of a decade or more before some themes are revisited. 

I'd also suggest Wildlife Rescue may contain more than one type of animal, otherwise the set would simply be called e.g. "Elephant Rescue/Kangaroo Rescue/Pink Fairy Armadillo Rescue" but maybe that is my wishful thinking for more new moulds! 

Totally here for an official pink fairy armadillo in Lego btw

agree we need more ungulates!

Edited by williejm
Typo / fat thumbs

I dunno if Wildlife Rescues Missions set would be based in African savannah once again? If that set is turned out to be a new People Pack. Would there be new animals? I will look up People Packs and see if they used to have new animals. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I dunno if Wildlife Rescues Missions set would be based in African savannah once again? If that set is turned out to be a new People Pack. Would there be new animals? I will look up People Packs and see if they used to have new animals. 

The people packs did introduce new animals 

- new Alsatian print

- new dolphin mould (and lobster)

- new eagle

That said, I think they have given up on the idea of those sets, and that this will be something different. Clearly there is a move across themes to put multiple animals into sets with animals, I would expect it to be a mix of a few minifigs and a few animals. But I am also trying not to get my hopes up, since we got so many new critters lately!

7 hours ago, williejm said:

The people packs did introduce new animals 

- new Alsatian print

- new dolphin mould (and lobster)

- new eagle

That said, I think they have given up on the idea of those sets, and that this will be something different. Clearly there is a move across themes to put multiple animals into sets with animals, I would expect it to be a mix of a few minifigs and a few animals. But I am also trying not to get my hopes up, since we got so many new critters lately!

Mmm, you made a good point. There probalby is a slim chanc for a few new animals in Wildlife Rescue Missions set then. 

My guess is that is 1 of 3 of the following :tongue::

1. something that is related to farm, so probably something in the forest
  2. something related to the wildlife sets last year (if they sold well enough they would release it the following year type of deal)
  3. something unrelated to current subthemes, maybe a vehicle set and or a preview set for a subtheme we get next year

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

My guess is that is 1 of 3 of the following :tongue::

1. something that is related to farm, so probably something in the forest
  2. something related to the wildlife sets last year (if they sold well enough they would release it the following year type of deal)
  3. something unrelated to current subthemes, maybe a vehicle set and or a preview set for a subtheme we get next year

Pretty much my thinking. If I’m honest I’m hoping for 1 or 3, but at this stage, I’m also just grateful for all the critters we are getting