Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

23 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Were you saying you wait for them to show up in licensed themes? 

If they showed up in licensed themes, Ideas sets, Lunar New Year ones, the Creator Expert range, or a CMF series, I could easily display them, which would be preferable. Despite having a dedicated room and some space in the living room, I still don’t have enough space for any themes other than the ones listed above, unfortunately :grin: 

I think I’ll just bricklink them along with the new hairpieces and put them in the box where I keep all my special parts :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If they showed up in licensed themes, Ideas sets, Lunar New Year ones, the Creator Expert range, or a CMF series, I could easily display them, which would be preferable. Despite having a dedicated room and some space in the living room, I still don’t have enough space for any themes other than the ones listed above, unfortunately :grin: 

I think I’ll just bricklink them along with the new hairpieces and put them in the box where I keep all my special parts :shrug_oh_well: 

Same here! I often have trouble figuring out where to put some sets somewhere in my house if there is not enough space. 

I mean, I love collecting minifigures and animals and some speical parts (such as wheelchair, candelabra, hourglass). They are useful for me to create scene for photography. :)

I really ry really really need toucan, foal, squirrels, tan turtle, kittens! 

36 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Perhaps not strictly on topic, but Disney Princess 43208 gets a new tiger mould, I think.

Yep, adult Rajah. I think it’s the first time ‘Friends’ animals have a big big cat. There’s also a new salamander (Bruni) in one of the Frozen sets.

What has happened with City?! We get the normal winter wave with to me mostly uninteresting sets like police, fire etc. Other than the horse transporter and to some extent the small park set I have little interest in them. However they put interesting animals almost in every set, it is almost like the most animal mould fans among the Friends designer have started working on City instead *huh*

We get:

• a new squirrel in 3 colours in at least 5 sets
  • a new updated kitten mould in 3 colours in at least 4 sets
  • a recolour of the turtle in 1 set
  • a recolour of the horse in 1 set

In addition to all the more normal animals like dogs, cat, crab etc.

I hope for a hole flock of pigeons next in a City wave soon :moar:

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What has happened with City?! We get the normal winter wave with to me mostly uninteresting sets like police, fire etc. Other than the horse transporter and to some extent the small park set I have little interest in them. However they put interesting animals almost in every set, it is almost like the most animal mould fans among the Friends designer have started working on City instead *huh*

We get:

• a new squirrel in 3 colours in at least 5 sets
  • a new updated kitten mould in 3 colours in at least 4 sets
  • a recolour of the turtle in 1 set
  • a recolour of the horse in 1 set

In addition to all the more normal animals like dogs, cat, crab etc.

I hope for a hole flock of pigeons next in a City wave soon :moar:

I like the way they have sprinkled the animals through, and given us so many options. Pigeons *have* to come soon, right?

5 minutes ago, williejm said:

Pigeons *have* to come soon, right?

I really hope so, there's a specific brickfilm my son wants me to make and it needs a pigeon.

53 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

Is there a close up of the kitten yet?

Yep. Look at the new sets on brickset. They look real good. They actually look like normal cats (because of the size)

2 hours ago, williejm said:

I like the way they have sprinkled the animals through, and given us so many options. Pigeons *have* to come soon, right?

And puppies too!

Wow! So many animal pieces! I happy that they are reusing animals like the turtle, which was only in a CMF, and recoloured makes it even better! Not an animal, but there is a new watering can piece as well in 41707! 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What has happened with City?! We get the normal winter wave with to me mostly uninteresting sets like police, fire etc. Other than the horse transporter and to some extent the small park set I have little interest in them. 

Personally there's next to nothing that would get me to buy a fire or police set under any circumstances, but these have to be some of the most creative "standard metropolitan" police sets in my opinion. Crooks dressed as ice cream mascots with an ice cream truck, crooks with an egg-shooting tractor, crooks with a proper garbage truck and not a random thing. There's a lot of fun stuff here for kids, with way more interesting scenarios provided off the bat than police sets of old that just came with some police vehicles and that was it.

All that said, I still won't be buying any of them personally, and heck yeah for the new animals that should hopefully be available on B&P!

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

Not an animal, but there is a new watering can piece as well in 41707! 

That piece is already available from the Encanto set 43202. It's on Bricks & Pieces as well: part no. 79736.

There is an excellent knockoff giraffe on eBay. I think LEGO could easily make one and I have a feeling they will one day soon.

Now we have the pictures on LEGO.com the Disney Tiger looks very Duplo to me. However the Friends terrier looks very unFriends to me.

24 minutes ago, Maple said:

Now we have the pictures on LEGO.com the Disney Tiger looks very Duplo to me. However the Friends terrier looks very unFriends to me.

Agree, something about them both looks a bit off. 

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Agree, something about them both looks a bit off. 

It's the neck / head of the dog is really weird to me when viewed from the side. Plus the mold looks like City but then it has Friends printing on it. 

Just now, Maple said:

It's the neck / head of the dog is really weird to me when viewed from the side. Plus the mold looks like City but then it has Friends printing on it. 

I did wonder if they might try a crossover mould with different printing …

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I did wonder if they might try a crossover mould with different printing …

I don't know why LEGO didn't do that before. Like the City cat is fine for Friends and some of the Friends dogs would be fine in City.

We now have better high res pics, and can see that the recoloured turtle has a tan body and *dark red* shell. Interestingly, that means it’s based on the ‘normal’ colours of the Loggerhead turtle species. The existing turtle colours are olive green body with dark nougat shell - that seems to fit the ‘normal’ colour way of Green turtles (though they do all vary in colour a lot). 

I think it’s pretty neat that Lego is trying to give animals some accuracy to this level.

In the 3-in-1 Tiger they went up a notch with accuracy. They gave him/her a pink anus. I just saw a review on brickset. 

is the cmf turtle also for sale on b’n’p?

17 minutes ago, Borex said:

In the 3-in-1 Tiger they went up a notch with accuracy. They gave him/her a pink anus. I just saw a review on brickset. 

Oh my.

CMF turtle isn’t on B&P, no. 

6 hours ago, Borex said:

A pink FLOWER anus. 

LEGO 2022 is off to a great start!

17 hours ago, Borex said:

That’s…weird and interesting.