Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

Looking at the photos at the end of Hellobrick's article here, I also spot an orange fish in the Ice Festival set. Yay. 

There is also one in the aquarium in the lower right corner of the other set :wink:

3 hours ago, Aurore said:

given its proportions, I think the ice penguin uses the Friends penguin mold rather than the City one. What do you think?

That is odd, but I think you are right, however as long as the normal one is the minifig one I am happy :sweet: Hopefully it will not be so experience and pop up on B&P..

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There is also one in the aquarium in the lower right corner of the other set :wink:

That is odd, but I think you are right, however as long as the normal one is the minifig one I am happy :sweet: Hopefully it will not be so experience and pop up on B&P..

Was about to say about the aquarium fish!

I do think the translucent penguin is the Friends one. 
as to penguins on B&P - I mean, what, didn’t everyone build a penguin army from BAM already? or was that just me … ?

_ edit _

just seen some better pics : definitely the friends style penguin mould for translucent one, and looks like the ‘normal’ standard penguin

Edited by williejm

1 hour ago, williejm said:

as to penguins on B&P - I mean, what, didn’t everyone build a penguin army from BAM already? or was that just me … ?

That was my plan also, but since I have not been to a Lego store since 2019 I might be able to get it from B&P before BAM (a lot of stores even has prebuilt minifigs so making army-building animals even harder) :shrug_oh_well:

54 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

What's special about the orange fish? It's the second most common colour for the part.

Absolutely nothing special, exactly - my "yay" was intended as sarcastic. :grin: I was still secretely hoping for a teal fish...

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

Absolutely nothing special, exactly - my "yay" was intended as sarcastic. :grin: I was still secretely hoping for a teal fish...

A teal is a duck though. And the rubber ducky only comes in yellow or green so far ;) 

Back on the subject of Fish, it looks like there are at least a light blue and a spring green fish below the ice in the Ice Festival set, not new colors but still a cool detail.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, williejm said:

A teal is a duck though. And the rubber ducky only comes in yellow or green so far ;) 

I can't see the teal duck in the photographs, could you point me in the right direction please?

12 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Back on the subject of Fish, it looks like there are at least a light blue and a spring green fish below the ice in the Ice Festival set, not new colors but still a cool detail.

Cute!

talking of that set, some better pics of the pearlescent penguin now. I don’t know if that piece is normally dual moulded, but the images certainly seem to show a differentiation between where the two colours (what would be black and white) are. Might be they are the same but have to get injected separately as it’s a dual mould? Or there could be a subtle difference between the colours?

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

I can't see the teal duck in the photographs, could you point me in the right direction please?

It’s a joke about there being a duck called a teal. Sorry to raise your hopes! 

1 minute ago, williejm said:

It’s a joke about there being a duck called a teal. Sorry to raise your hopes! 

Oh hahaha. Don't worry. It might happen one day considering the popularity of the colour.

12 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Can you post a link with the picture? I is the first time TLG has made a set with fish under the ice right or fish under the water for that matter?

Edit: found it :wink:

80109-Lunar-New-Year-Ice-Festival-Detail

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, ChrisW said:

Nice to see the new pony and toucan in the next CMF series!

They look fantastic :grin_wub:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They look fantastic :grin_wub:

They really do. Foal is a nice update, and that toucan is beautiful. Slightly puzzled that the husky didn’t even merit a recolour, but hey ho. 

They really do. Foal is a nice update, and that toucan is beautiful. Slightly puzzled that the husky didn’t even merit a recolour, but hey ho. 

Agreed! I can’t wait to get my hands on foal and toucan! 

No news on squirrel mold yet. 

Agreed! I can’t wait to get my hands on foal and toucan! 

No news on squirrel mold yet. 

I wonder if foal would up in City’s Horse Transporter. Of course, I willl not count on it atm.

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if foal would up in City’s Horse Transporter. Of course, I willl not count on it atm.

If it doesn’t turn up in one of the City sets, my bet is that the horses that do will be reddish brown to ‘match’ the foal 

7 minutes ago, williejm said:

If it doesn’t turn up in one of the City sets, my bet is that the horses that do will be reddish brown to ‘match’ the foal 

Yeah. It would be real neat!

and is it likely to see another foal in City set that would be released in January? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah. It would be real neat!

and is it likely to see another foal in City set that would be released in January? 

Likely and likely, but they might do it if it has another colour in the set :sceptic:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Likely and likely, but they might do it if it has another colour in the set :sceptic:

Agreed. I’d also love to see them do a proper pony (ideally Shetland) at some point, in the same way that Friends recently did.

by the way - the toucan is pretty clearly a ‘toco toucan’ species. 

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yeah, you make a point. I would love ot see this foal mold in different color as well. :)

My "dream" animal for TLG to tackle is a giraffe. I don't think it's super likely--but then again we did get a full sized elephant this last year. So . . . maybe??? 

My most wanted animals would be a Giraffe, a Hippo and some Australian animals (like a Kangaroo)

Not sure if I had mentioned it here before but a couple of months ago on my IG for a little fun I made a poll for which animal mould they should do next, and it came out as follows:

1st Kangaroo 🦘 

2nd: Tucan 🦜

3rd Tortoise 🐢 

4th (0 votes): Rooster 🐓 

The Tucan was my personal favourite so I’m so happy that it’s coming soon, it looks beautiful 😊 

I do wish however that, same as the foal and the diver with turtle from previous that they would pair up some of these animals with more interesting figures, such as native/traditional/period peoples from the area where the animals come from, rather than these ‘city’ figures. 

So for example the kangaroo could be an accessory to a aboriginal with a didgeridoo (31509 with decorative printing), and the tortoise could be an accessory to a ‘Charles Darwin’ historical based figure 

Edited by Bugbot20082

51 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Not sure if I had mentioned it here before but a couple of months ago on my IG for a little fun I made a poll for which animal mould they should do next, and it came out as follows:

1st Kangaroo 🦘 

2nd: Tucan 🦜

3rd Tortoise 🐢 

4th (0 votes): Rooster 🐓 

The Tucan was my personal favourite so I’m so happy that it’s coming soon, it looks beautiful 😊 

I do wish however that, same as the foal and the diver with turtle from previous that they would pair up some of these animals with more interesting figures, such as native/traditional/period peoples from the area where the animals come from, rather than these ‘city’ figures. 

So for example the kangaroo could be an accessory to a aboriginal with a didgeridoo (31509 with decorative printing), and the tortoise could be an accessory to a ‘Charles Darwin’ historical based figure 

Trying to imagine an Australian Aborigine in Lego yellow gives me the fear… 

I do agree that an ‘outback’ setting would make for some fun sets. Have suggested before something like ‘Outback Rescue’ or ‘Outback Vets’. Could make use of the normal array of vehicles, some scenery builds, and some existing animals (snake, parrot, crocagators) and would only need a couple of new animal moulds (🦘🐨) to make it work.