Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

23 hours ago, williejm said:

So, I recently bit the bullet in ordering some of the new ‘Barn Owls’ from Bricklink - and kinda amazed (and delighted) to get this marvellous misprint in amongst them. It’s printed entirely on the wrong side, which kinda makes sense as the mould is vaguely symmetrical.

PS - yes I know owls can turn their heads around, thanks

Oh wow, that’s amazing! Keep it in your collection! :) 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, williejm said:

Actually this is a nice wee idea. What about some ‘real life’ conservationists and scientists with some of the animals they study?

Steve Irwin & a croc,

Jane Goodall & a chimp,

Rachel Carson & some sort of new fish

David Attenborough & a monkey,

Gerald Durrell & a lemur,

Charles Darwin & a giant tortoise,

Dian Fossey & a gorilla,

Gavin Maxwell & an otter,

Henry Thoreau & a loon, 

Joy Adamson & a lion cub,

Teddy Roosevelt & a bear cub,

Jacques Cousteau & a sea turtle 

that’s a CMF right there, lol. 

I love this idea, but I would also add dr. Birute Galdikas and an Orangutan to complete the trio of ape experts :)

5 hours ago, Per_SW said:

I love this idea, but I would also add dr. Birute Galdikas and an Orangutan to complete the trio of ape experts :)

That’s a good idea you come up with!

It looks like there would be CMF Series 22 in January 2022. Let’s say - I would hope for a baby crocodile (with normal eyes) However, I’m keeping my expectation in check. 

This years winter village set has 4 (!!!!) x-mas deer in it *oh2*

Edit; Apparently it is not the winter village set, but an additional one, it still has 4 deer that is the most important anyway :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck
New info

4 Deer in a what looks to be directly purchasable set is fantastic (set number is 40499 directly follows the 40498 Winter Penguin set). 

Edited by TeriXeri

That sleigh set is fantastic. Four reindeer is such a surprise. I’m hoping they might be a new colour or print, but they look to be the same as the already-released one.

I’m pleasantly surpsrised with this sleigh set with FOUR reindeers! If they are not recolored or printed, it doesn’t bother me at all. 

I totally didn’t expect that - I did make a prediction that a stable set would come with 2 or 3 reindeers a few months ago. But FOUR!!! What a great year for Lego animals!

One dog in the city police-station and one dog and one cat in the City fire-station rumoured for 2022, I assume they are familiar variants. There was a rumour about a horse transport earlier, but nothing so far about that now unfortunately :def_shrug:

Edit: The horse transport is still there just do not have much info about it yet :sweet:

Edited by Roebuck

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

One dog in the city police-station and one dog and one cat in the City fire-station rumoured for 2022, I assume they are familiar variants. There was a rumour about a horse transport earlier, but nothing so far about that now unfortunately :def_shrug:

Edit: The horse transport is still there just do not have much info about it yet :sweet:

Would make it the first year for a while when City didn’t introduce new dog moulds, no? retrievers in 2021, bulldogs in 2020… but I agree they are probably usual suspects. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Would make it the first year for a while when City didn’t introduce new dog moulds, no? retrievers in 2021, bulldogs in 2020… but I agree they are probably usual suspects. 

well I even lost sight of how many dogs they have :pir-grin:

What we are still missing I think, is some kind of bigger dog representing huskies and wolves...

2 hours ago, williejm said:

And no new verison for cat molds as well. Like…long-haired cats. 

58 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

What we are still missing I think, is some kind of bigger dog representing huskies and wolves...

Or….St. Bernard? It may be perfect for Fang from Harry Potter. 

i would hope for City’s Forest subtheme coming with wolf figure. 

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Agreed we need ‘bigger’ dogs represented. I’d like to see some mongrel mutts too.

to date the dogs we have in City / system are: 

1 shepherd (various prints for German shepherd, and recoloured for Dalmatian);

2 husky;

3 chihuahua;

4 terrier;

5 French bulldog;

6 bulldog;

7 dachshund;

8 retriever 

all of those come in at least two colour or print variants.

Hi guys, check out the latest video about the LEGO Seasonal 40498 - Christmas Penguin. What a cute penguin…

Edited by Technicallism

21 hours ago, williejm said:

Agreed we need ‘bigger’ dogs represented. I’d like to see some mongrel mutts too

1 shepherd (various prints for German shepherd, and recoloured for Dalmatian):

DaI agree with you on mongrel mutts. 

Shepherd mold was recolored as Dalmatian? Bad choice….

and i think cat mold may needs some update.

They certainly took their sweet time, but my B&P elephant heads and bodies finally arrived!

Very happy to finally get to finishing my MOC based on the time me and my partner lived in Thailand 😁🐘

2021-09-06 001 KLEIN.jpg

33 minutes ago, PRBricks said:

They certainly took their sweet time, but my B&P elephant heads and bodies finally arrived!

Very happy to finally get to finishing my MOC based on the time me and my partner lived in Thailand 😁🐘

[image]

Oooo that sounds exciting, please keep us posted!

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The french bulldog from CMF series 17 makes a return in QE set :classic:

In other news, the May 2022 series is going to be The Muppets. So, expect a grand total of zero new animal molds (except Animal himself)

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

In other news, the May 2022 series is going to be The Muppets. So, expect a grand total of zero new animal molds (except Animal himself)

Gonzo might get a chicken …

series 22 better deliver us some animals then!

On 9/4/2021 at 9:35 AM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

We have Huskies. They released them with one of the City Arctic themes. They also show up in Ninjago as Wu's Dog from time to time. Granted they are not perticularly menacing to use as wolves. 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Baby crocodile, please!

There's one in the new Marvel CMF's. It comes with the female Loki fig, Sylvie I think she's called. 

17 hours ago, Faefrost said:

We have Huskies. They released them with one of the City Arctic themes. They also show up in Ninjago as Wu's Dog from time to time. Granted they are not perticularly menacing to use as wolves. 

There's one in the new Marvel CMF's. It comes with the female Loki fig, Sylvie I think she's called. 

naaaah

I mean big huskies! Like ones they could practically reuse for dogs as well. Therefore bigger!

Was just coming here to say that the sheep are available on Bricks & Pieces … but it seems they have all sold out again. Meh. 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑