Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I think if LEGO does a farm subtheme it would be summer, seems to be the case now that most city summer will be the outdoors/explorer type themes, and winter focuses on the roadplate/my-town sets.

Tractor was winter 2021, but so was Safari Jeep 2020.

You make a good point. You could be right. 

I can’t remember if Safari Off-Roader was released in Jan 2020 but I am sure it was already released before summer. Additionally, I noticed a “parallel” pattern between Freinds and City. For example, Friends used to have ocean subtheme in 2019 (I think) whil City has Space Exploration in 2019. Now in 2020, Friends has Jungle subtheme while City has Ocean Exporation in 2020. In 2021, City indeed has Wildlife Rescue and so far, we have seen Freinds’ new subthemes (clinical vet and forest). Technically, Wildlife Rescue is more focused on animal vet so I don’t think we will get clinical vet subtheme. 

But there is a new animal mold introduced in Friends’ forest subtheme - raccoon. I hope we would get minfigure raccoon eventually. 

It’s just my speculation, tho!

3 minutes ago, williejm said:

Those accessory packs are so *sweeeeeeet*

Are you talking about accessory packs in general? 

45 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are you talking about accessory packs in general? 

The new VIP accessory packs, @roebuck posted pics of. You’ll be glad to know the ‘fun and funky’ one has TWO pink pigs in it!

( the winter one has two huskies, and the pirate one has a shark & parrots)

Edited by williejm

37 minutes ago, williejm said:

The new VIP accessory packs, @roebuck posted pics of. You’ll be glad to know the ‘fun and funky’ one has TWO pink pigs in it!

( the winter one has two huskies, and the pirate one has a shark & a parrot)

SAY WHAT?! Two pigs?!

two huskies?! Shark and parrot sound really neat. 

Now that’s definitely sweeeeeeeeet. 

EDIT: Oh, I just saw Roebuck’s pics. Oops…

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Shark, Husky and Parrot were in Xtra before, maybe chicken and pig/sheep/horse will be one day... (and Cow horns came back not too long ago as well)

Still I love those themed packs for sure , I can forsee a Castle themed pack with a horse and weapons/armor to be popular as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Now I got both baby and adult elephants, 3 sheep, one monkey and one barn owl today. 

I gotta say - I love them all! Baby elephant is super adorable next to lion cub! Adult elephant is really neat but I forgot to order for tusks, oops. And there is a small (and obvious) flaw for adult elephant - it’s not possible but i am ok with it!

sheep are sure cute so I could use them with CMF’s Farmer!

So far I got from B&P this year: maned lion, lion cubs, crocodile, python. I will wait for tan horse, crocodile egg and African eagle to arrive. Definitley, 2021 is the best for animals. I hope 2022 will be another best year for animifigures!

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

one barn owl today.

Did you get that on B&P?
I gave up and ordered a flock yesterday from BL since I got them for a decent price :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Did you get that on B&P?
I gave up and ordered a flock yesterday from BL since I got them for a decent price :shrug_oh_well:

Same. But technically, it’s a ‘parliament’, not a flock ;)

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Did you get that on B&P?

Yes i did. Since I am deaf/blind, I asked someone to call customer service about barn owl figure. After that, she said the customer service will ship that barn owl. I simply stared at her and asked her “Wait what?” (I remember you did try to order for barn owl). So I had no idea how she had done that. I supposed it was an amazing CS rep. 

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Did you get that on B&P?

42 minutes ago, williejm said:

On the bright side, we will have Harry Potter’s polybag “Herimone’s Study Desk” with that barn owl. :) 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Learn something new every day :wink:

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

On the bright side, we will have Harry Potter’s polybag “Herimone’s Study Desk” with that barn owl. :) 

Yes so the price will probably drop as times goes :shrug_oh_well:

Recommend every reader of this thread to reply to this and name animals as one of your interest:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=FTUGHa1slUGUhupl30Vvqk12_wsCUYpCjSSbBab664hUMldWQldHTFVVRThVQlZURkFWWjdJOFRQOC4u

Could not hurt, and maybe we get even more animals in the future ;)

Done! :) 

I sure hope we will get more animifigures in the future too. 

I'm gonna go ahead and say that first question is them feeling out what sorts of themes and elements we're interested in, so go ahead and check everything you'd like to see incorporated into sets, even if it's not a big interest outside of LEGO!

On 7/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yes i did. Since I am deaf/blind, I asked someone to call customer service about barn owl figure. After that, she said the customer service will ship that barn owl. I simply stared at her and asked her “Wait what?” (I remember you did try to order for barn owl). So I had no idea how she had done that. I supposed it was an amazing CS rep. 

Sometimes, one just gets lucky with the CS reps. A few years ago when the big cats were new, I tried to order one online through B&P. It said it was in stock and had a price but clicking it didn’t add it to the order. So I called CS and explained the situation. While talking with me on the phone, the agent went to the page and confirmed that there was an error on the site. So she added two of the big cats to my order herself (I was only going to order one) and didn’t charge me for them. Super cool :innocent2:

Edited by AmperZand

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Sometimes, one just gets lucky with the CS reps. A few years ago when the big cats were new, I tried to order one online through B&P. It said it was in stock and had a price but clicking it didn’t add it to the order. So I called CS and explained the situation. While talking with me on the phone, the agent went to the page and confirmed that there was an error on the site. So she added two of the big cats to my order herself (I was only going to order one) and didn’t charge me for them. Super cool :innocent2:

Wow, that was SUPER cool, indeed!

Back in February 2021, I was very interested in getting a guide dog and that harness from one of City sets. However, I had some trouble with B&P to find element # for harness. O asked the same person if she could make a call. After that call, she informed me the CS rep shipped us both guide dog and harness with NO charge at all. She did mention to the CS rep that I am a deaf-blind AFOL with actual guide dog. Cool, was it? :classic: 

A nice article in German about the new animals this year (I just let the phone translate it for those that do not read German). I think they forgot the recolored dolphin, but the rest are there in a excellent summary:

https://www.stonewars.de/wissenswertes/2021-ist-das-jahr-der-lego-tiere/

:classic:

Nice

was just thinking it might be fun to put together a visual timeline of when animals were introduced - maybe a picture for each year with new moulds and colours/prints ? 

now, who has them aaaaaaaaall to be able to do this?

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A nice article in German about the new animals this year (I just let the phone translate it for those that do not read German). I think they forgot the recolored dolphin, but the rest are there in a excellent summary:

Oh, I didn't even realize before that there are now two different monkey prints!

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Nice

was just thinking it might be fun to put together a visual timeline of when animals were introduced - maybe a picture for each year with new moulds and colours/prints ? 

now, who has them aaaaaaaaall to be able to do this?

I like that idea! I would love to see history of animifigures (molds and recolor). 

49 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Oh, I didn't even realize before that there are now two different monkey prints!

Fun fact - both new monkeys are dual moulded - so the face / ears colour is a separate colour injected into the mould. That means the only printed bit are the facial features. It also means the er anti-stud underside of the monkey shows the other colour. 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:59 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wow, that was SUPER cool, indeed!

Back in February 2021, I was very interested in getting a guide dog and that harness from one of City sets. However, I had some trouble with B&P to find element # for harness. O asked the same person if she could make a call. After that call, she informed me the CS rep shipped us both guide dog and harness with NO charge at all. She did mention to the CS rep that I am a deaf-blind AFOL with actual guide dog. Cool, was it? :classic: 

Cool! You could create an accurate sig-fig :thumbup:

On 7/12/2021 at 6:45 AM, Roebuck said:

Very handy. Thanks for sharing.

I have or am expecting from B&P most of them. The adult elephant is proving elusive though.

I was doing VIP Survey through Lego.com and I saw “Animals”, “horses” and “Dinosaurs” under interest quesiton (I think?). I just thought you may like to know. 

I just wanted to earn some VIP points, haha.