Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Winter Village is another theme that could include horses

A lot of themes could include horses, but those 3 are the main ones that could include a lot in my mind. When the horse or any other animal for that sake is in a set it is easier and cost less on the budget to include them in a second one within the year or two that the part in in the palette. We have a lot of animals in sets now so I hope that will increase the number of animals in future sets as well:sweet:

Hello all! Unfortunately, I was unable to order any parts in early June, which means I've got some cubs and elephant trunks right now and not much else regarding the new batch of animals. 😅 I've been waiting for a new elephant mould for a long time, so I keep a sharp eye on Bricks & Pieces now. The Python and the Croc egg became available again, so I figured it was time to sign up and let you know about it. 😉 Fingers crossed for the return of the other animals/elephant parts! 🐘

Edited by PRBricks
elephant*

32 minutes ago, PRBricks said:

Hello all! Unfortunately, I was unable to order any parts in early June, which means I've got some cubs and elephant trunks right now and not much else regarding the new batch of animals. 😅 I've been waiting for a new elephant mould for a long time, so I keep a sharp eye on Bricks & Pieces now. The Python and the Croc egg became available again, so I figured it was time to sign up and let you know about it. 😉 Fingers crossed for the return of the other animals/elephant parts! 🐘

Thanks @PRBricks That python is so good. Fingers crossed that the big elephant parts show up soon, but you might be better trying to call in for them if you can. 

38 minutes ago, PRBricks said:

Welcome :classic:

I wonder if it is true that the "croc egg will hatch" in the next CMF :excited: If it do I would not be surprised if we will see more juvenile animals in the future even if that was almost unheard of before this year*huh*

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder if it is true that the "croc egg will hatch" in the next CMF :excited: If it do I would not be surprised if we will see more juvenile animals in the future even if that was almost unheard of before this year*huh*

Thought the same thing, wonder what next? Piglet or bear cub or lamb? 

I wonder if it is true that the "croc egg will hatch" in the next CMF :excited:

Well, we don’t know why that specific character comes with a baby crocodile, so maybe it’s special in a way (unusual colouration, three eyes, two heads or something odd like that :tongue:).

Loki comes with Throg for crying out loud, so anything’s possible :snicker:

That would be great ^_^ I'd also love to see them continue the African wildlife theme with a giraffe and a zebra!

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, we don’t know why that specific character comes with a baby crocodile, so maybe it’s special in a way (unusual colouration, three eyes, two heads or something odd like that :tongue:).

Loki comes with Throg for crying out loud, so anything’s possible :snicker:

Mohawk, Loki helmet, bright pink, or transparent and glittery ... and yeah we have no clear reference to *why* that mould comes with that character, or if it’s reusable ... but don’t crush our dreams just yet!

4 minutes ago, PRBricks said:

That would be great ^_^ I'd also love to see them continue the African wildlife theme with a giraffe and a zebra!

African animals are surprisingly well represented now as far as Lego animals go - but yes, giraffe and zebra are the *obvious* omissions at this stage. New giraffe mould in particular seems like an unlikely and expensive new mould/moulds though - and has somewhat more limited reuse options across themes. It’s unlikely to feature as a battle giraffe or in a space set, for example.  So it would need a specific set or couple of sets to justify. Circus seems unlikely (unless in a historical context? Circus train in the opening scene of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade* maybe?) so I’m guessing it’s down to either more Wildlife Rescue type set or the elusive zoo idea.

There are also the subset of animals that could come as accessories in CMFs (which has been such a great source of animals), and that has widened in recent years as we have seen dolphins and centaur bodies included in the packs. So, for example, the new baby elephant would theoretically fit in a CMF pack - new zookeeper or clown? But there are also a whole slew of other entirely new critters like koala, meerkat, toucan, squirrel, fox, wolf, peacock, tortoise, cockatoo, crow, kangaroo, fawn, beaver etc could easily show up there - as indeed @Robert8’s excellent CMF ideas have shown.

* dang. Now I want this so bad. 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Thanks @PRBricks That python is so good. Fingers crossed that the big elephant parts show up soon, but you might be better trying to call in for them if you can. 

Thanks for the tip! Just go through the customer service?

1 hour ago, williejm said:

There are also the subset of animals that could come as accessories in CMFs (which has been such a great source of animals), and that has widened in recent years as we have seen dolphins and centaur bodies included in the packs. So, for example, the new baby elephant would theoretically fit in a CMF pack - new zookeeper or clown? But there are also a whole slew of other entirely new critters like koala, meerkat, toucan, squirrel, fox, wolf, peacock, tortoise, cockatoo, crow, kangaroo, fawn, beaver etc could easily show up there - as indeed @Robert8’s excellent CMF ideas have shown. 

I agree, the CMF have been a great source of new animals! It's always great to look forward to what new creatures they come up with. Australian classics such as the koala and kangaroo would be great as well, but as with the giraffe, not very reusable. But one can hope ^_^ whatever comes up, we'll be standing in line anyway ;)

2 minutes ago, PRBricks said:

Thanks for the tip! Just go through the customer service?

Aye. Can usually place an order for things coming back into stock (I think, as long as they are confident that they are coming back in), but can depend on the customer service adviser sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, PRBricks said:I agree, the CMF have been a great source of new animals! It's always great to look forward to what new creatures they come up with. Australian classics such as the koala and kangaroo would be great as well, but as with the giraffe, not very reusable. But one can hope ^_^ whatever comes up, we'll be standing in line anyway ;)

Very true, but then the skunk and chameleon have ended up being a lot more reusable than we thought 🤷🏽‍♂️

I’m on vacation in Great Smoky Mountaion region and I spotted one bear cub. And one adult bear within one day. 

Gosh, i wish Lego would give us a grizzly bear cub... Same goes with fox, beaver, doe, etc. 

I mean, baby animals are recently introduced. Like baby Ankylosaurus, baby Triceratops, baby elephant, baby crocodile (started to hatch), lion cub....

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I had that same throught. 

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m on vacation in Great Smoky Mountaion region and I spotted one bear cub. And one adult bear within one day. 

Gosh, i wish Lego would give us a grizzly bear cub... Same goes with fox, beaver, doe, etc. 

I mean, baby animals are recently introduced. Like baby Ankylosaurus, baby Triceratops, baby elephant, baby crocodile (started to hatch), lion cub....

I had that same throught. 

I feel like a bear cub can’t be far away. Maybe it will appear as a panda cub? Can’t just be African animals and dinosaurs that have babies, right? Have fun on vacation - always feel like we are missing out in U.K. with no bears! At least the beavers are coming back. 

2021 Chinese new year and xtra sets had some focus on Bamboo, so maybe an adult panda set isn't that far away, while the green candlesticks are in production.

Friends already had it's panda cubs in 2020, so having a minifig panda(cub) 2 year later wouldn't be impossible, also panda might be extra popular due to multiple references via monkie kid.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

2021 Chinese new year and Extra sets had of focus on Bamboo, so maybe an adult panda set isn't that far away.

Friends already had it's panda cubs in 2020, so having a minifig panda(cub) 2 year later wouldn't be impossible, also panda might be extra popular due to multiple references via monkie kid.

Agreed. I also think (though I hate myself as I type this) that the most likely reuse of the big cat ‘cub’ mould soon is as a white tiger. These have already showed up in Friends and Duplo, and while they’re not much use for people who want wild wildlife, there’s a clearly a market for them in toys. 

If you look at the available and indeed historical animals in Lego - hardly any are *not* from the Americas or Africa.  In fact, although some do also occur in Europe or Asia, I think the only one which is distinctly Eurasian is the tiger, and there are none specifically from Oceania. So yeah, pandas would be a welcome, and overdue, addition. ... and then maybe a snow leopard, yak, peacock, red panda, orang utan, kangaroo, cockatoo, koala, Komodo dragon, kiwi ... 

8 hours ago, williejm said:

I feel like a bear cub can’t be far away. Maybe it will appear as a panda cub? Can’t just be African animals and dinosaurs that have babies, right? Have fun on vacation - always feel like we are missing out in U.K. with no bears! At least the beavers are coming back. 

Exactly! I had that same thought when I saw that bear cub a few days and I wondered about panda cub so I 100% agreed with you. 

Thanks! But now I just got home from my vacation today. It was really fun there. So far, my sister spotted 3 bears,more than I spotted. Much fun to see wildlife.

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

2021 Chinese new year and xtra sets had some focus on Bamboo, so maybe an adult panda set isn't that far away, while the green candlesticks are in production.

Now you mentioned... I have to say, I agree with you. It won’t be that far for us to see panda and its cubs. 

Woot woot - my missing elephant heads arrived, so now at last I have all the available new animals (with the pesky exception of that Harry Potter ‘licensed’ barn owl). Lego really didn’t disappoint with these new animals. 

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Woot woot - my missing elephant heads arrived, so now at last I have all the available new animals (with the pesky exception of that Harry Potter ‘licensed’ barn owl). Lego really didn’t disappoint with these new animals. 

AWESOME!

Since I am home from vacation, I will try to call in and place an order for adult & baby elephants, sheep (maybe 3, hehe). I really want that barn owl so bad!

no bad poaching joke for your elephants!

Hadn’t noticed before, but now having the new elephant 🐘 in hand, I can compare it to the mammoth 🦣 from the Arctic theme. Interestingly the mammoth body is 5 studs wide, while the elephant body is 4 studs wide. Height wise they are the same at the shoulder, but the mammoth rear end slopes down. So, size and shape wise, they really are pretty good comparisons and realistic scales. The bigger ears and overlap on the elephant definitely make the complete body/head profile better than the mammoth. Finally the elephant shows four toes on each foot (three on front, one on the ‘out’side)  but implies five toes per foot (which is what elephants have) whereas the poor mammoth only has three toes shown on the front of each foot.  Maybe the others succumbed to frostbite? 

I’m not sure if Lego has done this before but if they never have done before then I will drop my wishlist here. :classic:

My top 5 animal wishes for City theme:

1.) Gorilla

2.) Kangaroo

3.) Rhino

4.) Giraffe

5.) Orca 

My top 5 animal wishes for regular CMF series:

1.) Fox

2.) Bear cub

3.) Raccoon

4.) Koala 

5.) Beaver

No, we do have a dove mold from Disney Series 2. I think dove is closely related to pigeon, so it may be recolored for City sets.

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if Lego has done this before but if they never have done before then I will drop my wishlist here. :classic:

My top 5 animal wishes for City theme:

1.) Gorilla

2.) Kangaroo

3.) Rhino

4.) Giraffe

5.) Orca 

My top 5 animal wishes for regular CMF series:

1.) Fox

2.) Bear cub

3.) Raccoon

4.) Koala 

5.) Beaver

No, we do have a dove mold from Disney Series 2. I think dove is closely related to pigeon, so it may be recolored for City sets.

•  

That is not the dove we are looking for! It’s basically a small passerine bird, like a canary or sparrow - so it’s a bit of a cop out. Ironically there’s a pigeon design/mould featured in many of the animated films and I think games too. 

and yes, dove and pigeon are totally interchangeable names. 

Special thanks to @williejm for giving us head-ups!

two of my orders finally arrived today. 

I got one python and two lion cubs. 

Lion is one of my top favorite animals, along with kangaroo and polar bear. I really like the lion cub mold & printing. They are just adorable so I could reunite them with lion Ness soon enough. I’m waiting for the king of the beats to arrive. 

As for the python, I’m not a huge fan of (real-life) snakes but this one....the prints on it blew me away! I love the pattern down its body! It’s defiantly useful for my photography, such as jungle or zoo or whatever!

I’m waiting for maned lion, green crocodile, adult and baby elephants, monkeys and sheep. Wheeeeee. 

On 6/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, williejm said:

That is not the dove we are looking for! It’s basically a small passerine bird, like a canary or sparrow - so it’s a bit of a cop out. Ironically there’s a pigeon design/mould featured in many of the animated films and I think games too. 

and yes, dove and pigeon are totally interchangeable names. 

Ahhhh, you are right!!!

I don’t think 40512: Fun and Funky VIP Add On Pack has a pig? The parts are already available in Br and Parts and I could not see a pig mold there. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t think 40512: Fun and Funky VIP Add On Pack has a pig? The parts are already available in Br and Parts and I could not see a pig mold there. 

It *does* have the pink pig, but, bizarrely, it’s still not showing up on B&P because they’ve decided to make it ‘not available’, presumably still using the argument that it appears in a licensed set ( Harry Potter). Same is true of the brown owl.