Baby croc!

Well, the Marvel CMFs wont be 100% useless to me after all

My exact thought as well :laugh:

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Baby croc!

Well, the Marvel CMFs wont be 100% useless to me after all

I agree.

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

It's the eye print that makes the sheep Disney.

Nothing wrong with the eye print in my mind, this one on the other hand is not for me:

s-l500.jpg

15 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Eye print is exactly what I’d expect given it’s on a black head 

13 hours ago, gedren_y said:

It doesn’t look Disneyified to me...

How can you make that eye print contrast against the pitch black tone? Does Mickeyand Donald’s Farm animals have same beady eyes? 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does Mickeyand Donald’s Farm animals have same beady eyes?

They are normal ones that was released with minifig sets..

Hey all, ‘standard’ coloured male lion, both lion cubs, and both monkeys seem to be available on Bricks &Pieces right now. 🦁🦁🐵🐵

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

They are normal ones that was released with minifig sets..

Exactly, that’s why I asked Gedren_y since sheep is included in that set along with other animals. :classic: I do not see any issue with sheep’s eye printing. 

17 minutes ago, williejm said:

Hey all, ‘standard’ coloured male lion, both lion cubs, and both monkeys seem to be available on Bricks &Pieces right now. 🦁🦁🐵🐵

YESSSS MALE LION!

I just placed an order for that one. Thankyou so much for giving us head-up! You are the AWESOME!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just that it fits the theme it comes in well. It's the same eye printing as on the skunk. I didn't post it at the time, but when I first saw those eyes, I thought Lego might be preparing to do a Bambi set.

The S14 black cat also had them

It's because they are printed on a black piece

2 hours ago, williejm said:

New eagle seems to be back in stock on Bricks & Pieces 🦅

Oh boy!

So, my second ‘new animal’ order arrived today, and I’ve caught up to @Roebuck again - just missing those elusive elephant heads!

Have to say, none of these animals disappoint in quality. The new adult lion with mane is great, I hadn’t quite sussed the slightly limited head mobility that the mane would cause, but it’s no biggie, the head seems to be slightly higher than the other big cats, to allow for the mane, giving it a more impressive silhouette. The lion cubs are cute, but nothing compared to the baby elephant which has to be the cutest single Lego brick ever made. Even cuter than that hermit crab! Printed python and new eagle are also exquisitely done, really sharp printing on what can’t be straightforward moulds. New croc colour is very welcome and the monkeys are great; so glad we get two different colours already. Last, but not least, the sheep is just perfect  - the dual moulding on it, and the monkeys, lion mane, and eagle is so well done, and makes the colours so crisp and clean against each other. Will be interesting to see which ones are reused and how. I’m guessing many more uses of the monkey, and expect to see the lion cub as a tiger cub soon enough. Sheep being dual moulded is interesting - I wonder if we will ever see a ‘black sheep’ or if they will stick to only using the dual mould for two colours?

Always feel like I’m playing catch up getting my Lego biodiversity updated though ... no sooner had I ordered these than I heard about the upcoming black angler fish, and a possible baby croc ... 

Not complaining, obviously. 😜

Edited by williejm

On 6/16/2021 at 9:55 AM, Robert8 said:

The S14 black cat also had them

It's because they are printed on a black piece

Same for black horses from the Kingdoms theme.

13 minutes ago, williejm said:

It’s funny how the ‘old’ horse both seems so iconic and yet so behind the times. Poor horsey. 

And it's also kinda sad how the 'new' black horse was last  made (only) in 2013, and it's 2022 next year.

10352c01pb03.original.png

Edited by TeriXeri

Lone Ranger sets were very horse-bountiful, but yeah it seems odd that they’re now almost antiques too 

If anyone wants to see the new sheep mould used in a mod, there’s an article on Brickset that has three pictures that include one. The article isn’t specifically about animal moulds; it just happens to have pics of the new sheep.

Edited by AmperZand

11 hours ago, Duvors said:

All lego animals molded in black have eyes like that. It's significantly more subtle than it used to be however.

That horse looks like it got the shock of its life :tongue:

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

And it's also kinda sad how the 'new' black horse was last  made (only) in 2013, and it's 2022 next year.

10352c01pb03.original.png

10 hours ago, williejm said:

Lone Ranger sets were very horse-bountiful, but yeah it seems odd that they’re now almost antiques too 

Yes on the positive side we got 2 sets with a new horse this year, but they are really rare. There are only 3 themes that have had a lot of horses and I think one of them needs to make a return before we will see a herd of horses again.

1. Castle, we got a new castle set this year and a new horse colour in it. A full wave of sets on the other hand can happen next year or in 10 years :sceptic:
  2. Western seems even less likely to get a full wave of sets then Castle :sceptic:
  3. Stables a subtheme of City, has more or less moved permanently into Friends unfortunately, maybe if we get a farm subtheme again we may get a stable set :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That horse looks like it got the shock of its life :tongue:

Yes on the positive side we got 2 sets with a new horse this year, but they are really rare. There are only 3 themes that have had a lot of horses and I think one of them needs to make a return before we will see a herd of horses again.

1. Castle, we got a new castle set this year and a new horse colour in it. A full wave of sets on the other hand can happen next year or in 10 years :sceptic:
  2. Western seems even less likely to get a full wave of sets then Castle :sceptic:
  3. Stables a subtheme of City, has more or less moved permanently into Friends unfortunately, maybe if we get a farm subtheme again we may get a stable set :sceptic:

Winter Village is another theme that could include horses