Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

3 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

The neck can bend up and down and rotate (most likely a ratcheted technic pin joint, just like the mammoth head).

I very much hope the neck is shaped better than on the mammoth which was truncated in such a way that it left a large, flat area on the back-of-the-head but rounded withers, and a sizeable gap between them. Looked awful which is why I didn't get it. 

20 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And welcome Eliza Thornberry and her family too. :) 

I had no idea what that meant so looked it up. It means I'm old! :tongue:

Edited by AmperZand

6 hours ago, williejm said:

Whaddyamean? There’s an ostrich, flamingo, owls, eagles, parrots, penguins ...🦅🦉🦩🦜

Are you very sure? There are no solid evidence to link modern birds to their “dinosaur family”. And you forget one speices: chickens. :) 

17 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Pity Nickelodeon went to Mega Brands. I'd love to have the Thornberrys in Lego.

Same here!

5 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

I had no idea what that meant so looked it up. It means I'm old! :tongue:

LOL. As a kid, I used to love that Wild Thornberrys tv show. 

Too bad, Nickelodadon is stuck with Mega Bricks. 

Funny thing, I remember Avatar theme was produced in mid-2000s. 

41 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

I very much hope the neck is shaped better than on the mammoth which was truncated in such a way that it left a large, flat area on the back-of-the-head but rounded withers, and a sizeable gap between them. Looked awful which is why I didn't get it. 

I think the elephant might fare better, like the triceratops does with the frill , having the ears as a foil 

26 minutes ago, williejm said:

I think the elephant might fare better, like the triceratops does with the frill , having the ears as a foil 

I think so too. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

4 hours ago, williejm said:

I found an image of the back of one of the boxes and there is a shot - or render - from a different angle suggesting that the neck is indeed better than the mammoth’s. It’s still not certain, but seems that way.

Looks like the new friends (TV show) set comes with a dog, hen and a small bird all in white, to bad they did not make a duck mould for it:wink:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like the new friends (TV show) set comes with a dog, hen and a small bird all in white, to bad they did not make a duck mould for it:wink:

Yeah, surely even a white recolour of the rubber duck would have been better than the small bird?

33 minutes ago, williejm said:

Yeah, surely even a white recolour of the rubber duck would have been better than the small bird?

Hmm...nah. I prefer a duck mold over rubber duck part...

15 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm...nah. I prefer a duck mold over rubber duck part...

Of course. But for this set - the part used wasn’t even the best they could 

6 hours ago, williejm said:

Of course. But for this set - the part used wasn’t even the best they could 

Probably for budgetary reasons, because the bird mould obviously already exists in white whereas the rubber duck doesn’t :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Probably for budgetary reasons, because the bird mould obviously already exists in white whereas the rubber duck doesn’t :shrug_oh_well: 

Probably

Edited by williejm

On 5/9/2021 at 8:11 AM, Roebuck said:

Looks like the new friends (TV show) set comes with a dog, hen and a small bird

and a cat :classic:

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Surprisingly generous. 

Nah, no duck mold.  We can keep dreaming about a duck mold until it comes true...

An image of six of the new monkeys has surfaced, 3 Tan and 3 Dark Tan. The Dark Tan we've seen quite well, but now we have a better look at the Tan. I want.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, gedren_y said:

An image of six of the new monkeys has surfaced, 3 Tan and 3 Dark Tan. The Dark Tan we've seen quite well, but now we have a better look at the Tan. I want.

Same here! I mean it’s really nic to have monkeys in different colors. So I could populate jungle with monkeys. 

Looks like Daily Bugle has 2 white birds, a rat and a black spider from what I can see :classic:

Not sure if anyone of you already know but just FYI - Wildlife Recue sets are on Lego Shop website and they will be released on Aug 1 in USA.

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not sure if anyone of you already know but just FYI - Wildlife Recue sets are on Lego Shop website and they will be released on Aug 1 in USA.

I wonder if those in USA can buy the animals from B&P before August since the sets are not released there even if they are much earlier in Europe :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder if those in USA can buy the animals from B&P before August since the sets are not released there even if they are much earlier in Europe :shrug_oh_well:

The delay looks to be a production availability issue, because Marvel is getting the same delay, so I think B&P may take even longer.

Imo this year TLG really overbild itself with offerings so many hillarious animals! :wub:

I hope that TLG will do the same next year, too! Since I'd like to get a seal, an orca and a big pot whale.

18 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Imo this year TLG really overbild itself with offerings so many hillarious animals! :wub:

I hope that TLG will do the same next year, too! Since I'd like to get a seal, an orca and a big pot whale.

It’s so hard to predict what animals will show up where (which is part of the fun 🙃) ... yes to all of these, but I think the ‘pot whale’ is least likely (sperm whale In English, cachalot in french is the nicest name I think ;) )

1 hour ago, williejm said:

It’s so hard to predict what animals will show up where (which is part of the fun 🙃) ... yes to all of these, but I think the ‘pot whale’ is least likely (sperm whale In English, cachalot in french is the nicest name I think ;) )

I agree. 

Orca was supposed to be included in largest Artic set a few years ago but it was replaced with woolly mammoth tho! 

For forest, I would love to see bison, fox, white-tailed deer, raccoon, hedgehog, squirrel, and more. 

Of course, we know nohting about next year. Even we don’t know anything about new subtheme for City next year. 

We are well over do for a proper squirrel mold. The city modulars are screaming for  some pigeons too.