Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 3/18/2021 at 6:40 AM, Roebuck said:

I have been existed since I heard about the sets :tongue:

Not sure about the egg with the eye🙃 ...but a barn owl is sweet. With this print and the existing moulds for deer, otter, rabbit and hare, they’re getting a pretty reasonable bunch of typically European countryside animals. Just need to get them in legitimate colours!

14 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I've seen it suggested that it's Norbert from Harry Potter.

Ok haven't heard that yet but I'm not on the HP forum a lot.  I guess we will see soon with some of the summer sets coming soon.  

7 hours ago, williejm said:

Not sure about the egg with the eye🙃 ...but a barn owl is sweet. With this print and the existing moulds for deer, otter, rabbit and hare, they’re getting a pretty reasonable bunch of typically European countryside animals. Just need to get them in legitimate colours!

If I remember correctly, there was an egg in prelim pic of Wildlife Rescue’s 6302... I don’t know if it would be Jurassic World or Harry Potter (the baby dragon Norbert). 

And I agree with you on the animal molds in different proper colors. 

8 hours ago, wanderer1980 said:

owl is amazing

egg with the dino eye ... mmmhh... i dont know... doesn’t trigger any joy now

I don’t think this “dino” egg is confirmed for Jurassic World yet? I think it’s more likely for City. 

I guess we will see about it. 

The crocodile from that City set has leaked, and it’s green (rather than dark green), just like the creature hatching out of the egg. Case closed :laugh:

The new lion cub mould leaked, it’s so adorable :wub: There’s a new Friends raccoon mould too, but like all minidoll animal moulds I just wish they used the same ones across themes

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new lion cub mould leaked, it’s so adorable :wub: There’s a new Friends raccoon mould too, but like all minidoll animal moulds I just wish they used the same ones across themes

YESSSSSS a new mold for a lion cub!! Thank you for sharing the news! :) 

so there is no leaked image of a maned lion yet.

18 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@Lego-Freak, do you have any idea where a barn owl figure will go to? City, Harry Potter or other theme? 

No idea, but I think HP would make the most sense :classic: Neither of the upcoming City subthemes (stunts and wildlife) would make much sense, and neither would any of the other themes. Granted, there is no named barn owl in any of the HP movies AFAIK, but it’s still the most likely option 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:01 AM, jonwil said:

I think its simply that there has yet to be a set design situation where the high cost of the goat (both making the mold either for the old goat or a new design and the cost of actually producing the part and putting it in the set) is justified and where existing parts (i.e. some animal they already have) aren't a suitable option.

On the topic of goats, I remember seeing a rumour that the goats that pull Thor's chariot will be in the new Thor movie and I knew immediately what set I wanted them to make. ;)

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The crocodile from that City set has leaked, and it’s green (rather than dark green)

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The new lion cub mould leaked, it’s so adorable :wub:

Typical that Instagram want let me have a sneak peak now :def_shrug:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

No idea, but I think HP would make the most sense :classic: Neither of the upcoming City subthemes (stunts and wildlife) would make much sense, and neither would any of the other themes. Granted, there is no named barn owl in any of the HP movies AFAIK, but it’s still the most likely option 

Yes, but there is a lot of them even if they do not know there names, so I think HP as well. Looks like the chat (about the lack of owls in HP) I had with Justin Ramsden on the inside tour in 2019 paid of :tongue:

1 hour ago, mscott71 said:

On the topic of goats, I remember seeing a rumour that the goats that pull Thor's chariot will be in the new Thor movie and I knew immediately what set I wanted them to make. ;)

I guess that would be some bad megablocks billy goats :grin:

11 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like the chat (about the lack of owls in HP) I had with Justin Ramsden on the inside tour in 2019 paid of :tongue:

You actually did that? That’s amazing :laugh_hard:Looks like we have to thank you personally for the increase in owls :laugh: Btw, can you recommend the inside tour? I’ve heard so many great things about it and always wanted to go, but the price has kept me back. After the whole ‘rona thing is over, I need to look into it again

Omg that lion cub is adorable. Confirms the first ever city/system ‘baby’ animals, right? The ‘kitten’ mould came from Belville I think, and was coopted later. 

Oooh a golden ‘wings out’ owl has leaked. Dumbledore is getting a lectern 

Edited by williejm

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

You actually did that? That’s amazing :laugh_hard:Looks like we have to thank you personally for the increase in owls :laugh:

:laugh: I doubt that it had much innpackt:tongue:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, can you recommend the inside tour? I’ve heard so many great things about it and always wanted to go, but the price has kept me back. After the whole ‘rona thing is over, I need to look into it again

The short answer is YES! However it cost a lot of money so if you rather spend that money on Lego it is better to wait I think. When you get to a point where you have a lot of Lego and are comfortable to use that kind of money on a once in a lifetime experience then it is time to start applying :wink:

10 minutes ago, williejm said:

Omg that lion cub is adorable. Confirms the first ever city/system ‘baby’ animals, right? The ‘kitten’ mould came from Belville I think, and was coopted later. 

The foal was in Paradisa/town :wink:
We even get a juvenile elephant this summer :wub:
Come on Instagram let me have a look at all the animals (it is almost like "it" knows I am desperate to get in and shows me strait to login):devil:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The short answer is YES! However it cost a lot of money so if you rather spend that money on Lego it is better to wait I think. When you get to a point where you have a lot of Lego and are comfortable to use that kind of money on a once in a lifetime experience then it is time to start applying :wink:

Yeah, it‘s around 2000€ (flights & additional accomodation not included of course). Well, that‘s pretty much the travel money I would have spent on the two vacations I couldn‘t do this and last year, so I think I can justify it as compensation for two horrible years :laugh_hard:

Sounds excellent then! Too bad one can’t apply at the moment since it‘s been put on hold for the time being, but I will try to apply as soon as it’s possible again :laugh: I‘ll simply send them a picture of my collection, that alone should prove my worthiness :tongue:

Btw, since you were there in 2019, did you see some of the 2020 sets? I‘ve read somewhere that you usually get to see new sets in development during the tour, and of course you need to sign an NDA afterwards

24 minutes ago, williejm said:

Confirms the first ever city/system ‘baby’ animals, right? The ‘kitten’ mould came from Belville I think, and was coopted later. 

I don’t think lion cub is confirmed to be the first-ever system baby animal? I mean baby Triceratops and Ankylosaurus were revealed last year but I dont’ think they were first-ever baby animals either. In fact, I think the baby Tyrannsaurus rex was seen in early 2000s. 

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Come on Instagram let me have a look at all the animals (it is almost like "it" knows I am desperate to get in and shows me strait to login):devil:

Foal! I think it was the first-ever system baby animal. 

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I never liked that foal :)

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, I think HP would make sense more.  I almost thought it would go to farm set but I thought “nah”. 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘ll simply send them a picture of my collection, that alone should prove my worthiness 

I am not sure how they sort people, but it was everting from kids with parents to people that had retired and everything in-between, but I am sure the size of your collection do not matter at least :tongue:

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Btw, since you were there in 2019, did you see some of the 2020 sets? I‘ve read somewhere that you usually get to see new sets in development during the tour, and of course you need to sign an NDA afterwards

You must sign the NDA first :tongue: There is no point going on the tour hoping to see new stuff, maybe they have done it on tours several year ago, but we where not shown any future sets at all. We got a minifig of Captain America after a presentation of designing his new helmet, and I believe that was before it came in sets, and that was about it. You will learn a lot more about future stuff here :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

There is no point going on the tour hoping to see new stuff, maybe they have done it on tours several year ago, but we where not shown any future sets at all. 

That would just be a bonus anyway :laugh: Seeing the inner workings of TLG and meeting the designers are obviously the main attractions :excited:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

That would just be a bonus anyway :laugh: Seeing the inner workings of TLG and meeting the designers are obviously the main attractions :excited:

:thumbup:

That lion cub looks amazing :sweet: I am sure we will see it with stripes and spots and maybe even in black in the future, if not in a set then BAM or CMF :grin:
Interesting to see the green crocodile, it looked very similar to the classic croc suddenly :classic:

Not a fan of pearl gold so that owl is just a waste, would have been a 100 times more useful as a normal owl in a new colour for the flying mould :hmpf: