Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

16 minutes ago, williejm said:

Since the 🐒🐒 already come in the smallest proper set, I think it would be a likely nod to another critter being in the polybag 🤞🏽

I hope so too :monkey:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I hope so too :monkey:

Let’s be honest, we both hope it’s a totally new critter 🤗 maybe a meerkat. Or a recoloured flamingo. Or half a dozen goats... 

43 minutes ago, williejm said:

Since the 🐒🐒 already come in the smallest proper set, I think it would be a likely nod to another critter being in the polybag 🤞🏽

I think the opposite is the case, having them in the smallest set makes them far more likely to appear in the polybag too, compared to every other animal in this subtheme :laugh:

Last year's ocean exploration polybag included the stingray, which was also included in larger sets.
I hold out little hope that the wildlife rescue polybag will be different and include an animal that would not be in an other set of that wave. But I do hope it will include one of the new molds as opposed to a crocodile, for example! :purrr:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the opposite is the case, having them in the smallest set makes them far more likely to appear in the polybag too, compared to every other animal in this subtheme :laugh:

I mean, probably. Monkygeddon approaches. Everyone loves a monkey tbf.

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Last year's ocean exploration polybag included the stingray, which was also included in larger sets.
I hold out little hope that the wildlife rescue polybag will be different and include an animal that would not be in an other set of that wave. But I do hope it will include one of the new molds as opposed to a crocodile, for example! :purrr:

We don’t yet know that there isn’t an as-yet-unseen new animal mould, of course. The biggest set might have surprises. 

Well, if monkeys will be in 60300 set, I don’t see that reason why monkey should be included in a polybag. I mean - 60300 is a smallest set (besides polybag), which it’s quite an easy access to get. For example, the Ocean Explroation Mini-Submarine is easy to get a hammerhead shark so why shouldemrhead shark be included in polybag? Sure, the images are still preliminary but meerkat sounds really nice. I hope we would get meerkat mold in polybag.]

I agre with Aurora that there is manta ray in polybag. It was really easy to get if it is in a largest set with great white shark. But right now, we know nothing about polybag and 60307. Let’s wait a bit more! :)

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Monkeygeddon? That sounds ominous. I guess it’s the rise of Planet of the Apes now.

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Or half a dozen goats..

Good luck getting that polybag for 3-4 £ on bricklink :tongue:

54 minutes ago, williejm said:

The biggest set might have surprises. 

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

But I do hope it will include one of the new molds as opposed to a crocodile, for example! :purrr:

Hopefully :moar:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If it should stay true to my hypothesis that the animals are saved from other animals it "must" include 2 animals. Anyway I think the size of the mould is more important now then which other sets the mould is in :wink:

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Anyway I think the size of the mould is more important now then which other sets the mould is in :wink:

I agree. In minifigure scale, animal molds should be little accurate a bit more that based on real-life animals.

2 hours ago, williejm said:

57 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Monkeygeddon? That sounds ominous. I guess it’s the rise of Planet of the Apes now.

You'd think it was Year of the Monkey.
City: New monkey mold
Raya and the Last Dragon: three different monkey-like creature molds
Monkie Kid: The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain has 7 monkey character figs

I'm expecting lots of Planet of the Apes MOCs to show up here in the next several months. Now if only Lego would reissue Welcome to Apocalypseburg!

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If it should stay true to my hypothesis that the animals are saved from other animals it "must" include 2 animals. Anyway I think the size of the mould is more important now then which other sets the mould is in :wink:

A meerkat and a standard snake would fit just fine 😉

Also begs the question who/what is the dangerous animal in the biggest set? Or maybe it breaks the theme. Doesn’t the smallest set just have two monkeys and no antagonist animal in the prelims? 

I take it back - there’s a scorpion.

Aaaaaand I just noticed there’s a poop piece in the small set. Monkeys are always throwing it, right enough 😂

Edited by williejm

Also begs the question who/what is the dangerous animal in the biggest set? Or maybe it breaks the theme. Doesn’t the smallest set just have two monkeys and no antagonist animal in the prelims? 

I take it back - there’s a scorpion.

Aaaaaand I just noticed there’s a poop piece in the small set. Monkeys are always throwing it, right enough 😂

I dunno what will be an antagonist animal in 60307 but, sure, there are predators out in savannah. 

In my opinion, poachers are the real anthologists. It’s a bit dark, I know, but animals are endangered because of poaching. 

Let’s not forget - it’s not always predators - recently I read article about giraffes being stuck on an isolated island in Africa’s lake that is flooded slowly with less or no food. There were marine predators in that lake. So that’s kind of rescue. Just saying. :)

And.... did you say poop piece? I’m expecting monkeys to behave well!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

In my opinion, poachers are the real anthologists. It’s a bit dark, I know, but animals are endangered because of poaching. 

for sure. But I guess they have avoided poachers (and trophy hunters) for good reason. We can always make our own.

The good thing about the animals being the threat is - MORE ANIMALZ!

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And.... did you say poop piece? I’m expecting monkeys to behave well!

have you even ever met a monkey? Sh*t's gonna happen. 

for sure. But I guess they have avoided poachers (and trophy hunters) for good reason. We can always make our own.

The good thing about the animals being the threat is - MORE ANIMALZ!

I agree - it’s a bit dark to include poacher/trophy hunter in Wildlife Rescue sets but I just think it’s a good way to know about endangerment/conservation tho. And I also agree with you on MORE ANIMALZ!

They could always include a conservationist/ranger/wildlife photographer who is looking after the animals and trying to keep them safe.

So, I recently got the new ‘retriever’ 🦮 dog figures, for my extensive pack of hounds. Whilst I love them, and they look great against a Minifigure, they are kinda ‘small’ by comparison to many of the other dogs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s no big deal, and on everything (but especially animals) accurate proportions are sacrificed in the world of Lego ... just, it’s noticeable to me. 

In reality it’s probably more like the smaller dogs (french bulldog, dachshund, terrier) are ‘too big’, I guess. 

Edited by williejm

In reality it’s probably more like the smaller dogs (french bulldog, dachshund, terrier) are ‘too big’, I guess. 

I agree, the smaller animals like the spider, ant and the mouse are huge, so could be that the retriever is more to the natural size than the smaller ones which in turn makes it look small :shrug_oh_well:

@Roebuck @williejm I agree with your thoughts. Size of every different animals is fairly tricky in minifigure scale.

Recently, I got anglerfish, lobster, hermit crab. I have to say lobster and hermit crab are little off. And anglerfish is bit large (I looked it up and it said about 3.3 feet in length in reality). I guess lego  doesn’t care about size. 

But i do not mind at all.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Since you guys are Lego animal experts, i wonder what´s the biggest and smallest molded Lego animal is. I probably would nominate these two:

bcod84r4noj61.jpg?width=4000&format=pjpg

bso2s1x9noj61.jpg?width=4000&format=pjpg

That hermit crab is so darn cute. Hope it will come in more colors as well. Only thing i´m not too happy about is the pin on its back, a stud would have been better i guess so you could change for a short snail shell or a longer conch shell.

Also, the hermit crab might not be too far off in scale compared to a minifigure. Those guys can get big, especially the palm thief.

I know it’s extremely unlikely at this point, but I would absolutely LOVE it if LEGO were to make a system-scale giraffe! Maybe if this wave of sets does well enough?

4 minutes ago, badchriss said:

i wonder what´s the biggest and smallest molded Lego animal is. I probably would nominate these two:

I would nominate the hermit crab as the smallest too, but probably Smaug from the 2014 Hobbit sets as the biggest! :dhappy:

33654081223_b8371c06bc_c.jpg

Isn’t the frog the smallest ‘standard’ animal? ( not including the accessory-type ones from the friends line, such as the coral sea creatures )

I’m pretty sure system-scale frog is more smaller than hermit crab! 

For largest creature, I’m not sure if it’s about mold or brick-built, I no rain the dragon (generally made of bricks, of course). And for mold, I may nominate Indrominius rex (from Jurassic World)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I just managed to order a number of elk from set 10275 (Elf Club House) in Bricks&Pieces.

They're available again.

59 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

I just managed to order a number of elk from set 10275 (Elf Club House) in Bricks&Pieces.

They're available again.

Thanks for the news! I will see if they are on B&P here in USA.