Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thankfully, no cat with mowhawk!! @williejm :P

guess they thought the Monkie Kid mohawk cat, and Vidiyo's mohawk punk pirate and shark were enough for one year 

8 hours ago, williejm said:

guess they thought the Monkie Kid mohawk cat, and Vidiyo's mohawk punk pirate and shark were enough for one year 

they're more than enough for many years to come! :laugh:

Well, am I the only one here who enjoy the ginger mohawk cat? I'm quite fond of it actually, so wacky and random. :laugh:
But the blue one from Monkie Kid is too wacky, even for me...

18 hours ago, williejm said:

Sooooo the preliminary images from the retail catalogue have leaked. Large snake from HP CMF also features

Nice found have not heard anyone else seeing that before after looking at the pictures :sweet:
So after seeing the pictures first of all the elephant looks great, the juvenile is blue so maybe a friends stand in?
And it is rather clear that the animals need saving from other animals which is perfect since that means more animals for us. The lion cub (definitely not staying a cat for long) are being saved from the big snake. The juvenile elephant is being saved from the crocodile. And maybe we can say that the monkeys are being saved from the scorpion or vice versa :laugh:
So the biggest set most likely have a similar scenario, something is being saved from the male lion (could be a lot of things), another elephant or something new maybe is my guess :classic:

15 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m ok with alligator in new color tho.

It is probably a stand in as it was in hidden side last looking like that (the green one is older) :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, Aurore said:

Well, am I the only one here who enjoy the ginger mohawk cat?

Yes:tongue:

33 minutes ago, Aurore said:

Well, am I the only one here who enjoy the ginger mohawk cat? I'm quite fond of it actually, so wacky and random. :laugh:

There goes your street cred 

14 minutes ago, Roebuck said:
So after seeing the pictures first of all the elephant looks great, the juvenile is blue so maybe a friends stand in?
And it is rather clear that the animals need saving from other animals which is perfect since that means more animals for us. The lion cub (definitely not staying a cat for long) are being saved from the big snake. The juvenile elephant is being saved from the crocodile. And maybe we can say that the monkeys are being saved from the scorpion or vice versa :laugh:
So the biggest set most likely have a similar scenario, something is being saved from the male lion (could be a lot of things), another elephant or something new maybe is my guess :classic:

So, pretty sure the small elephant is a stand in for another small elephant - would be odd to make a very blue baby with a ‘natural coloured’ adult. Also - am so glad they made it a proper African elephant!

There is an outside chance that the small elephant is a stand in for something entirely new - but that seems unlikely at this stage.

my money is still on that puma being a male lion, and the positioning of the non-Mohawk-cat behind the snake seems to make it pretty likely that it is a stand-in for a lion cub, since it would need ‘rescued’ from the snake.

Again there is an outside chance that the non-Mohawk-cat is a stand in for something else, like a meerkat (cat/kat- geddit?), but again that seems unlikely at this stage. 

Lasstly, I’m a liiiiiiiittle troubled at the reptiles seem to be the menacing bad guys, but I’m prepared to let it slide because - ANiMaLs! And I blame Chima for setting that precedent. 

Not a true animal leak, but an image of the upcoming Ninjago "scuba suits" makes the characters look like frogs. The figs look like they are actually built more like the Nexo Knights scurriers.

For the big set, I know it is unlikely, but we should get a rejuvenated ostrich from Price of Persia line. I know it sounds impossible, but it would be cool to see. Maybe a zebra?

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

The cat DOES look interesting; I'm surprised Lego made alterations to the existing cat mold to make it :classic:

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Not a true animal leak, but an image of the upcoming Ninjago "scuba suits" makes the characters look like frogs. The figs look like they are actually built more like the Nexo Knights scurriers.

That's a joke post, isnt it?

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That’s in quesiton. I am eager to find out if it’s a prank or not. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

nope, saw the leaks, sort of scuba suit/among us character look.

Frog in my mind meaning military frog suit not the amphibian

Those terribly photoshopped images with the scurrier body and digitally re-coloured scuba helmet are clearly fake. There's an image out with where you can see Lloyd with what the actual scuba suits will look like. They do look kind of like military wetsuits.

It will be interesting to see what new versions of underwater animals make it into these Ninjago sets.

9 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

For the big set, I know it is unlikely, but we should get a rejuvenated ostrich from Price of Persia line. I know it sounds impossible, but it would be cool to see

Looks like there is a ostrich egg in one of the sets at least :wink:

6 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:
7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like there is a ostrich egg in one of the sets at least :wink:

Pretty sure they’re supposed to be crocagator eggs ;)

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Or.... is it a dinosaur egg? :D i’m just kidding!

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Ah right, that is what is close to the croc:laugh: The part looked grey so I assumed they where a new part or something, I just saw the egg in the window. However rather big to be crocodile eggs, but I do not expect any ostrich in the sets that mould is gone like the goat I think :hmpf:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Ah right, that is what is close to the croc:laugh: The part looked grey so I assumed they where a new part or something, I just saw the egg in the window. However rather big to be crocodile eggs, but I do not expect any ostrich in the sets that mould is gone like the goat I think :hmpf:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Even if they looked Duplo-esque, I loved the ostrich! I do have 3 of them, though, so I guess I'm not negatively affected by that :laugh:

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah no ostrich then

You never know, but I would be surprised if they use the old mould at least:shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

You never know, but I would be surprised if they use the old mould at least:shrug_oh_well:

That’s true and I would be surpsied to see that Duplo-like ostrich mold too. 

It would be very nice if Lego follows the Gallimimus example. Gallimimus has a turntable neck, long legs. Definitely, Gallimimus is too tall to be reused as ostrich. 

Let’s wait for a few years then. 

On the other hand, my curiosity starts to intensify when it comes to 60307 set. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That’s true and I would be surpsied to see that Duplo-like ostrich mold too. 

It would be very nice if Lego follows the Gallimimus example. Gallimimus has a turntable neck, long legs. Definitely, Gallimimus is too tall to be reused as ostrich. 

Let’s wait for a few years then. 

On the other hand, my curiosity starts to intensify when it comes to 60307 set. 

Maybe a new mold with Galli legs? It would use a similar body, but the tail would be cut short and given feathers where the arms and tail should be. Doubt Lego would do something like that, but it's definitely a cool idea!

27 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Maybe a new mold with Galli legs? It would use a similar body, but the tail would be cut short and given feathers where the arms and tail should be. Doubt Lego would do something like that, but it's definitely a cool idea!

Now you know what I was talking about! Sure, it’s little unlikely for Lego to make ostrich for this year but, yes, it’s a cool idea.

No sure if it has been mention before, but 30570 is a Wildlife Rescue polybag according to Brickset! I know several of us was expecting a polybag within the theme, but it is nice to get it confirmed. Maybe a monkey is included or a lion cub would be even better :excited:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

No sure if it has been mention before, but 30570 is a Wildlife Rescue polybag according to Brickset! I know several of us was expecting a polybag within the theme, but it is nice to get it confirmed. Maybe a monkey is included or a lion cub would be even better :excited:

Since the 🐒🐒 already come in the smallest proper set, I think it would be a likely nod to another critter being in the polybag 🤞🏽