Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So, they are using the regular cat for a lion(?) cub?? That sounds odd

But the new elephant molds sound great! Thanks for the info as usual

I can’t see that being the case. Presume the cat is either a stand in for a  new-mould cub, or it’s a ‘character’ in the set. Maybe another Mohawk one 😂

hope that the chimp moulds are repurposable as orangutans or baby gorillas maybe with colour/print variant.

Will be interesting to see how the elephants are realised. I’d love one with articulation on head, trunk and legs - akin to the large dinosaurs - but that may be wishful thinking 

24 minutes ago, williejm said:

I can’t see that being the case. Presume the cat is either a stand in for a  new-mould cub, or it’s a ‘character’ in the set. Maybe another Mohawk one 😂

hope that the chimp moulds are repurposable as orangutans or baby gorillas maybe with colour/print variant.

Will be interesting to see how the elephants are realised. I’d love one with articulation on head, trunk and legs - akin to the large dinosaurs - but that may be wishful thinking 

No to cat with Mohawk! :P

I hope so about chimps’ repurpose too.

I asked Itaria if these new elephants are more similar to mammoths and elephants would be more possible. He said the images are very small so it’s diffuse for Itaria to see. 

So - we will wait until the good images then. 

7 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

What animals could we expect in 60307, even if we have no new info? I'm guessing a large animal like elephant... maybe a giraffe, rhino, or hippo?

I guess some sort of combination of animals from the other sets maybe one in a new colour, if we get a new mould in that set I would be pleasantly surprised :classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I guess some sort of combination of animals from the other sets maybe one in a new colour, if we get a new mould in that set I would be pleasantly surprised :classic:

Definitely agree. Three confirmed new moulds is already more than I expected out of this :laugh: Let‘s hope this subtheme sells enough for it to become a regular staple like the space, mining, and deep sea subthemes. It‘ll never get on ‚police’ or ‚fire’ levels, but a semi-regular subtheme would be nice :wub:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Definitely agree. Three confirmed new moulds is already more than I expected out of this :laugh: Let‘s hope this subtheme sells enough for it to become a regular staple like the space, mining, and deep sea subthemes. It‘ll never get on ‚police’ or ‚fire’ levels, but a semi-regular subtheme would be nice :wub:

I 100% agree!

On 2/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, Aurore said:

@Itaria No Shintaku Thank you so much for the info! 

I believe it's the first time since the 1996 Paradisa foal that we'll got a juvenile animal out of the non-minifig themes (i.e. not Friends/Belville/Scala), am I right? 

We had last year 75939 Baby Dinosaurs breakout from Jurassic World, and they're cute but triceratopses and ankylosauruses are not so useful for the common City farm or City jungle.

Still I'm very happy with the news about new animals and young animals.

9 hours ago, Wout said:

We had last year 75939 Baby Dinosaurs breakout from Jurassic World, and they're cute but triceratopses and ankylosauruses are not so useful for the common City farm or City jungle.

Still I'm very happy with the news about new animals and young animals.

That is right there is some juvenile ones among the dinosaurs. No the triceratops-farms are rare nowadays :tongue:

23 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Three confirmed new moulds is already more than I expected out of this :laugh:

And it is probably more:

1. elephant
  2. juvenile elephant
  3. monkey
  4. Male lion, not confirmed, but I am sure they will use the opportunity to make one
  5. lion cub, more unsure about this one. They may use the cat-mould, however the set is really expensive so maybe they managed to put in a new juvenile mould and a lion head in the set
  6. crocodile, could come in a new colour or print since I am unsure the hidden side one is realistic enough (or it is just a stand in for the normal one)

The polybag probably comes with the monkey or lion cub, the unknown big set I guess only one elephant and several lions (maybe male, female and cub) (to make it different from the other one) and a crocodile, unsure if they include the monkeys in that one, depends on the number of lions included I guess:classic:

I don’t think crocodile/alligator figure got some update for years? Other than recolored, i don’t think they get some new molds either. 

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Its possible the big set may come with other animals such as a giraffe or something.

It is possible so we can hope, but then the budget towards animal moulds must have increased a lot since the jungle sets in 2017 :wink:

55 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t think crocodile/alligator figure got some update for years?

It got a new updated mould in 2015 and a new color in 2019 so I do not expect something new for that now. However it is a great animal to include since I am sure the kids love them :grin:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible so we can hope, but then the budget towards animal moulds must have increased a lot since the jungle sets in 2017 :wink:

But then, none of those were themes that majored on being about ‘wildlife’. So I live in hope.

I also think it’s pretty likely we get a new colour or print for the croc. 

29 minutes ago, williejm said:

But then, none of those were themes that majored on being about ‘wildlife’. So I live in hope.

At least not only about animals, but diver sets last year was at least to some degree even more focused on them and there we got 2 new fish moulds and 1 new head mould in addition to 2 recolours if I remember correctly. So it is already better than that probably, but we can hope for even more :grin:

Gaining, but Playmobil is still in the lead *oh2*:
4081.jpg

Edited by Roebuck

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Apparently we're getting Elephants in the next wave of LEGO City! I'm so excited for that!

Yup, i am excited about adult and baby elephant molds too! I hope they would be better to be possible than the mammoth ones. 

You know what Lego could get away with? Re-printing the German Shepherd to look like an African Wild Dog. The ears may not be right, but I'd let Lego make anything right now. Unlikely, but a neat prospect!

The new Mickey & Friends sets surprisingly turned out to be minifig-scaled ones rather than Duplo sets, so we're getting our first minifig-scale Pluto :wub: I think that should count as a new animal mould :tongue:

Sooooo the preliminary images from the retail catalogue have leaked. The new monkey definitely seems to be more monkey than chimp, and prelim images suggest it comes in at least two colour variants. Large snake from HP CMF also features, and yes, a cat. Though I really can’t see that being anything other than a stand-in 

It always amazes me just *how* preliminary and rough these images are.

The upcoming Ninjago seems to be underwater. The images are all preliminary, with a lot of stand-ins, but one of the parts used looks like a white printed version of the old manta ray. The image is for 71756. As I write this, the pics have been deleted from IG.

Edit: saw a different pic. It might be the new mold after all.

Edited by gedren_y

20 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The upcoming Ninjago seems to be underwater. The images are all preliminary, with a lot of stand-ins, but one of the parts used looks like a white printed version of the old manta ray. The image is for 71756. As I write this, the pics have been deleted from IG.

I caught it. Looks like a new colour (who knows how realistic!) of the NEW stingray mould, not the old ‘manta’. Will be great to get some more underwater stuff, however fanciful 

I’m quite excited about adult and baby elephants and monkey molds! I’m ok with alligator in new color tho.

Thankfully, no cat with mowhawk!! @williejm :P