Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 12/31/2020 at 7:23 AM, Roebuck said:

I was hoping the ninjago gardens sett would include some animals of note, but so far I have only seen the husky and a frog :def_shrug:

Happy new year to every animal mould fan! Hopefully 2021 will bring us a lot of new ones and we sure are of to a good start with 101 frogs, 2 retriever dogs, dolphin and hermit crab :shark::parrot::monkey:

Legit don’t understand why the husky hasn’t appeared in plain white as a Samoyed by this point. Seems a no brainier. 

Anyone desperate for the new retriever dogs should check out Bricks & Pieces if they can use it. I managed to order them today from U.K. ?

YES! The two retrievers, and also the bunny lantern from the Chinese New Year, set are available on B&P in France too! :excited:

Not in America - sigh :(

Oh, snap! I placed a big order yesterday while looking for the dogs, but they weren't available yesterday. I decided to peek at the site just now, after I made that last post, and they're available! WOOT! Ordered! :D

On 1/5/2021 at 7:19 PM, Aurore said:

YES! The two retrievers, and also the bunny lantern from the Chinese New Year, set are available on B&P in France too! :excited:

I’m glad someone is excited for the printed bunny. Looks too much like a cosmetic lab test subject for me ... but I’m sure you’ll come up with something wonderful to use it for ??

19 minutes ago, williejm said:

I’m glad someone is excited for the printed bunny. Looks too much like a cosmetic lab test subject for me ... but I’m sure you’ll come up with something wonderful to use it for ??

If I found a good way to portray Opus in Lego, I'd use that for a scene from The Night of the Mary Kay Commandos. It's one of the more awesomely ridiculous storylines from the comic strip Bloom County by Berkeley Breathed.

It seems like we'll got a recolored horse (tan, with a large printed bridle) and a husky in the Ideas Blacksmith set. 

21 hours ago, williejm said:

but I’m sure you’ll come up with something wonderful to use it for ??

I have to confess I have absolutely no idea on how to use it... :grin:

Edited by Aurore
Had forgotten to answer!

New tan recolour of the horse in Ideas Blacksmith set ... sadly looks like only other critter is the standard husky dog. 

Thank you very much for the information, @Aurore! :classic:

I don't like the Ideas set, but the new tan horse is a beauty! Hopefully it will be available via Bricks & Pieces later this year - even unluckily for sure for a lot of money.

The tan horse is great to get, but that was almost the minimum they could give us so on the animal side I think the set is disappointing :hmpf_bad:

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The tan horse is great to get, but that was almost the minimum they could give us so on the animal side I think the set is disappointing :hmpf_bad:

Agreed. Pretty poor on the animals front. I mean what will it take for a brown bunny!?

What a shame taht there is no a goat figure in Blacksmith set! I think tan horse is neat!

On 1/5/2021 at 2:19 PM, Aurore said:

I’m so going to get retiregvers!! :D

Edited by DBlegonerd7

From here what’s I am seeing, retriever figure is out of stock. :( I will check it almost daily. 

By the way, what is ID for harness for retriever/guide dog? It seems I can’t find it online somewhere. 

On 1/7/2021 at 6:52 PM, Aurore said:

It seems like we'll got a recolored horse (tan, with a large printed bridle) and a husky in the Ideas Blacksmith set. 

Oops. Sorry, didn’t see this part of your post, then I went and posted the same thing - promise it wasn’t intentional mansplaining!

Does anyone have an idea what animals are in the new Disney Raya sets? Haven't seen the movie, tt looks like some kind of monkeys. Any thoughts?

These two images seem to be what is being offered in the set that leaked, though I may be mistaken on the second one.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5109280/mediaviewer/rm1625806849/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5109280/mediaviewer/rm3407994113/

The movie's release date is listed as March 5.

Edit: Just saw another leak. (edit again) French IG post claiming official images. The set from before, and two others. The second image I linked isn't in the first set, but in another set as a large buildable creature, like the dragons in Elves. There is some sort of purple fox creature as well. It does look like we are getting at least two three fat monkeys in the boat set. Here's how they look in the movie.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5109280/mediaviewer/rm3458325761/

Edited by gedren_y

are the bird coming in gray in Ninjago city garden, or is the light tricking me?

On 1/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, williejm said:

Oops. Sorry, didn’t see this part of your post, then I went and posted the same thing - promise it wasn’t intentional mansplaining!

No problem! :sweet:

12 minutes ago, Oniro said:

are the bird coming in gray in Ninjago city garden, or is the light tricking me?

I just saw the article on Brickset and thought the same thing! The bird indeed does not look as white as the white wall on its left... 

50827839338_1ef7e519b2_n.jpg
(cropped from the Brickset article photo)

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It looks like wildlife rescue sets from City theme are coming up!

Great news!!

Aaand...the amazing printed koi tiles are available on B&P! :moar:

If you count dinosaurs as animals, then there would be 4 Jurassic World sets this year! I hope there will be a few new dinosaur figures. Of course, I will not be surpsied to see another Pteranodons and Velociraptor figures. 

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

Great news!!

Aaand...the amazing printed koi tiles are available on B&P! :moar:

It is!! And thank you for letting us know! :D

On 1/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

By the way, what is ID for harness for retriever/guide dog? It seems I can’t find it online somewhere. 

The harness Design ID is 70922. Still not available or given a price yet on B&P.

3 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The harness Design ID is 70922. Still not available or given a price yet on B&P.

Thank you!! :) Ok, i will keep checking B&P from here. 

Oooh actual wildlife based sets coming in City. I reckon we can count on at least two new animals ... but what sort of wildlife? Maybe forest creatures like the deer get a revisit? Maybe something totally left-field like Australian animals? But I’m gonna put my money on African safari rescue - with a new elephant, giraffe, and (male) lion top of my wish list. 

14 minutes ago, williejm said:

Oooh actual wildlife based sets coming in City. I reckon we can count on at least two new animals ... but what sort of wildlife? Maybe forest creatures like the deer get a revisit? Maybe something totally left-field like Australian animals? But I’m gonna put my money on African safari rescue - with a new elephant, giraffe, and (male) lion top of my wish list. 

Yes, I completely agree to you. Because of last year's Safari Offroad Truck with the lioness in City and because safari / savannah is very popular, I'd count on savannah animals such as you listed. But of course the setting can be completely anywhere else or there could be different settings and types of animals such as @Robert8 suggested.

Mayybe TLG reprints the deer as a gazelle and / or the horse as a zebra.