Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

I find the legs odd in the mold

Now that is "solid" colored it's more noticeable

I have been waiting for this since the first time I saw the patronus stag :grin_wub:

I am glad the theory that claim that the patronus moulds can not be made in other colours are proven wrong (did not personally believe it :wink:) However the transparent look of the original was probably why the neck articulation was not included :shrug_oh_well:

The mould is a red deer stag, but unsure what kind of deer they are going for with those colours? A rumour said it is coming with the elf house, so maybe reindeer :sceptic: Hopefully there are more than one in the set so they become cheaper to army-build:moar:

Hare and otter next :tongue:

Certainly a useful mould for multiple purposes , regular animal, santa reindeer, or fantasy/forestmen mount.

It's a start, but I do hope it'll appear more often from now on, and not be like horses and appear very rarely in the last few years.

I’m fine with this as a red deer ( and knowing how cavalier ‘reindeer’ is used in describing deer, ...  meh). I think I’m okay with the slightly stumpy legs, but I agree it would be nice to have a moveable head. I also really wish they’d made the antlers a separate piece so you can simply swap genders or perhaps even species. 

But - yay. Love it. Now where’s that otter ... ?

I'm okay with no moving parts in this case, if it means the animal gets to exist at all, using an already existing design.

I'm not sure if the antler piece is moulded or glued on (don't have the harry potter version), but I read it's a different material.

Of course a moving head would be nice on a future variant of such animal.

As for moving legs, really would depend on the type of animal, I see it more important for larger animals, but old horses didn't have moving legs either so I'm fine with that.

Edited by TeriXeri

Since TLG reuses the Harry Potter patronus as deer for the Elf Clubhouse, I can well imagine that they will make the two other HP animals as regular animals, too - esp. the seal which could be very useful for a City Coast Guard subtheme as well as for a Pirates theme. What do you think?

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Since TLG reuses the Harry Potter patronus as deer for the Elf Clubhouse, I can well imagine that they will make the two other HP animals as regular animals, too - esp. the seal which could be very useful for a City Coast Guard subtheme as well as for a Pirates theme. What do you think?

I think you mean the otter?

The new Diagon Alley set has the 3 owls released in other sets from this year, a rat and a spider (could be more, but will have to wait for the HD pictures):classic:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The new Diagon Alley set has the 3 owls released in other sets from this year, a rat and a spider (could be more, but will have to wait for the HD pictures):classic:

Meh. Could at least have given us a recolour/reprint on the flying owl. 

27 minutes ago, williejm said:

Meh. Could at least have given us a recolour/reprint on the flying owl. 

Yes, I agree it was rather disappointing animal-wise, hopefully we get a Eeylops owl emporium shop later with a add on set :wink:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, I agree it was rather disappointing animal-wise, hopefully we get a Eeylops owl emporium shop later with a add on set :wink:

With at least 50 owls, right?

The Elf Clubhouse unfortunately only comes with one cervid, so I hope the B&P price is not too high.. However beggars can't be choosers so I am happy we get it :sweet: Maybe it will pop up in city sets like the advent calendar next year if we are lucky :wink:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The Elf Clubhouse unfortunately only comes with one cervid, so I hope the B&P price is not too high.. However beggars can't be choosers so I am happy we get it :sweet: Maybe it will pop up in city sets like the advent calendar next year if we are lucky :wink:

He means ‘deer’, but his geek is showing. ?

On 9/3/2020 at 2:57 PM, williejm said:

He means ‘deer’, but his geek is showing. ?

:shark:

There seems oddly enough to come 4 bricktober :wacko:miniature funfair sets, one of them have a hen and 3-4 of the rubber duck part.

If it is only on TRU they will be hard/expensive to get them in most country's :tongue: 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

:shark:

There seems oddly enough to come 4 bricktober :wacko:miniature funfair sets, one of them have a hen and 3-4 of the rubber duck part.

If it is only on TRU they will be hard/expensive to get them in most country's :tongue: 

Is it a new hen colour?

20 minutes ago, williejm said:

Is it a new hen colour?

Looks that way in one picture, but in another it looked the normal white so assume it is not :shrug_oh_well:

So, having received the ‘new’ chihuahua (Hidden Side printing) today, I have to ask why they even bothered with alternate printing. It is so small and infinitesimally different from the original. Maybe if the dog had been a different colour ... but it seems like a waste of time. That said, my Lego City dog collection is once again complete! 

16 hours ago, williejm said:

So, having received the ‘new’ chihuahua (Hidden Side printing) today, I have to ask why they even bothered with alternate printing. It is so small and infinitesimally different from the original. Maybe if the dog had been a different colour ... but it seems like a waste of time. That said, my Lego City dog collection is once again complete! 

I agree that seems odd, since it will take up a spot as a new part in the Lego portfolio. It is not like the normal chihuahua is out of production either. Most themes get a too small budget, but I guess HS had too much since they use it on stuff like that :wacko:

The new Ideas Sesame Street set has at least 2 of the small sparrow mould in white and a yellow rubber duck (waiting for a better picture to see it if is more). To bad it did not come with any pigeons, but hardly no surprise with the ideas budget (they already went overboard with new mould for figs for the first time). I really want a proper pigeon mould to go with the modular buildings etc, one day maybe :def_shrug: 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I really want a proper pigeon mould to go with the modular buildings etc, one day maybe :def_shrug: 

Lego City is the only City in the world with no pigeons!

they should have introduced a pigeon in the first modular, and made it a thing that each modular and City building came with a pigeon. 

On 10/4/2020 at 2:47 AM, williejm said:

Lego City is the only City in the world with no pigeons!

they should have introduced a pigeon in the first modular, and made it a thing that each modular and City building came with a pigeon. 

If it were realistic, half the set would be pigeons and 1x1 white round plates. :laugh:

So some fuzzy catalogue pics have been leaked: large city set seems to have a dog mould that might be new that might also be wearing a harness, and is being walked by someone in dark glasses. New assistance dog and new Labrador mould? ? paws crossed!

Looks like another dog in the townhouse set too. Possibly same mould.