Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

6 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Makes me think...if you could attach a hook to it, the Lego fish in some of the brighter colors might actually make an effective lure. Has anyone ever tried it?

There is a LEGO string with a small bar at one end that can fit into the fish's open stud. It often comes in sets with the fishing rod.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

There is a LEGO string with a small bar at one end that can fit into the fish's open stud. It often comes in sets with the fishing rod.

I think he meant a proper hook for fishing :wink:
@Pdaitabird you must give us a report if you try :tongue:

The Harry Potter sets are up! We get the pig in a set as I was expecting (no way the Pirates bay could afford that pig :wacko:)
There is also two sets with the brown owl, unsure if it is the same or a slightly different print.
The new flying owl is in several sets and of course the otter and hare in one set :sweet:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:
5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I think he meant a proper hook for fishing :wink:
@Pdaitabird you must give us a report if you try :tongue:

I think I'll give it a try this summer...but in keeping with tradition, the size of my catch may be exaggerated! :laugh:

15 hours ago, Aurore said:

Not a new mould nor a recolor, but the little blue bird from the Creator Bookshop will be included in a Disney Princess set. This may make it easier to get… 
Source : set pictures on brickfever.nl

I just called in and placed an order of 10 of them for $1.09 each. 

Did I miss the discussion about the baby llamas alpacas in an upcoming Friends set?

Edited by gedren_y

B&P re-opened today in France and I was able to order quite a few animals : stingray, hammerhead, otter patronus, dark green/sand green pteranodon* - and the chihuahua from the Newbury Abandoned Prison set.
Interestingly, this chihuahua seems to have a different print from the one we already had.

The one from the new set is listed as "DOG, CHIHUAHUA, NO. 3" with Design ID 69185 and Element ID 6312352 :
6312352.jpg

While the older one is listed as "DOG, CHIHUAHUA NO. 1", with Design ID 19995 and Element ID 6102951 :

6102951.jpg

I have not been able to find any "DOG, CHIHUAHUA NO. 2" though...:laugh:

Edited by Aurore
*Well, I just noticed the pteranodon upper head part is not listed...No full pteranodon then!

17 hours ago, Aurore said:

B&P re-opened today in France and I was able to order quite a few animals : stingray, hammerhead, otter patronus, dark green/sand green pteranodon* - and the chihuahua from the Newbury Abandoned Prison set.
Interestingly, this chihuahua seems to have a different print from the one we already had.

The one from the new set is listed as "DOG, CHIHUAHUA, NO. 3" with Design ID 69185 and Element ID 6312352 :
While the older one is listed as "DOG, CHIHUAHUA NO. 1", with Design ID 19995 and Element ID 6102951 :

I have not been able to find any "DOG, CHIHUAHUA NO. 2" though...:laugh:

Well spotted! I think I like the old print better, seems like they can not add a single animal in hidden side without making them angry, crazy etc. :hmpf:
So happy B&P are open for business again, got several new animals ordered now :wub:

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Bit frustrating that the new Great White Shark isn’t yet showing as available.

You have to call inn and order it :wink:
I did it this morning with success, however it is expensive I paid around 9 euro per shark :shark:

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

An article about the collaboration with national geographic, sounds like we can get more animals down the line :wink:

http://thebrickblogger.com/2020/06/lego-collaborates-with-national-geographic/

Nice. It will be interesting to see what this brings. I wouldn’t put it past them to have little polybags ‘free’ with the NG kids magazine for example. We also have lots of existing moulds that could be well used again (otter, stag, hare, rabbit, mouse, rat, eagle, owl etc).

have to take issue with the idea that all the sets are based on ‘real life’ situations though. Where in real life are there populations of wild white tigers? Where’s this place where elephants, sloths and sea turtles hang out together? ?

2 minutes ago, williejm said:

have to take issue with the idea that all the sets are based on ‘real life’ situations though. Where in real life are there populations of wild white tigers? Where’s this place where elephants, sloths and sea turtles hang out together? ?

Only in Heartlake city :tongue:

On 6/11/2020 at 12:06 PM, Roebuck said:

You have to call inn and order it :wink:
I did it this morning with success, however it is expensive I paid around 9 euro per shark :shark:

Thanks for the tip!

12 minutes ago, williejm said:

Nice. It will be interesting to see what this brings. I wouldn’t put it past them to have little polybags ‘free’ with the NG kids magazine for example. 

That’s EXACTLY what it’ll be.

6 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I have the sting ray it’s bigger than I thought it would be  

I hope I can find the Divers polybag with it here. Might buy 2 or 3 actually

2 hours ago, Merlict said:

I hope I can find the Divers polybag with it here. Might buy 2 or 3 actually

Didn’t wait for the polybag as retail options are limited right now. Bought a couple from B&P as they’re very reasonably priced (less than 2€) along with the GWS and anglerfish.

9 hours ago, 1Panda said:

I have the sting ray it’s bigger than I thought it would be  

Same size or bigger compared with the old manta ray? If you have one...

7 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Same size or bigger compared with the old manta ray? If you have one...

I don’t have the old one but I would guess they are about the same for some reason I was expecting it to fit on a 4x4 plate.

on both sides of the tail it has minifig hand attachments.

19 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

I don’t have the old one but I would guess they are about the same for some reason I was expecting it to fit on a 4x4 plate.

Maybe I’ll post a comparison pic when mine arrives but if it helps, the manta is 85mm across wingtips and 70mm nose to tail.

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Maybe I’ll post a comparison pic when mine arrives but if it helps, the manta is 85mm across wingtips and 70mm nose to tail.

It’s 8 studs long and 6 studs wide if I remember correctly the new one that is 

1 hour ago, DarrellBricker said:

I had to laugh, they didn't bother to give the tarantula in that friends set cute Friends-esque eyes ... I wonder why? ;)

Speciesism.

Edited by williejm

Can lego make a teddy bear version of this fig.  I want more teddy bears.  I even resorted to buying custom brands for the teddy bears. (Bunka bricks)

2C3AB98D-18BA-4BAA-A53D-D6A9B98792F5.jpeg