Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The GWS (that are going to be expensive :wacko:)

I'm curious as to what state B&P is going to be in once the sets release. Might luck up and find it for <$15USD on Bricklink, much like the zombie sharks when they came out.

Yep, the zombie shark was easily available for the €10-15 mark, not bad considering it was a unique (and very cool) animal mould from a €200 set.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

One of the Monkie Kid sets includes a light blue version of last year‘s Mohawk-cat from TLM2 :laugh:

Nice spot! (On the HQ boat set, deck next to the bigfig in case anyone else is wondering)

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

One of the Monkie Kid sets includes a light blue version of last year‘s Mohawk-cat from TLM2 :laugh:

Thanks for nothing monkie kid :facepalm:

Just now, K_Tiger said:

That's a bit of unexpected parts reuse.

Yes and unwanted from my side :enough:

Haha saw that cat and knew @roebuck would be livid! I didn’t think that mould would get a revisit either! Lots of crabs getting a look in in 2020 sets it seems 

40 minutes ago, williejm said:

Haha saw that cat and knew @roebuck would be livid!

:laugh:

40 minutes ago, williejm said:

Lots of crabs getting a look in in 2020 sets it seems 

I am starting to suspect that the printing (mostly the eyes) are the reason why animals are so expensive for the designers to include in sets. Animals like the crab are much more common than e.g the lobster. The old rat was in a lot of sets, the new one with eye-print is rare. If that is right then the animals without print should cost the same as any other brick in the same size. Then it is strange that as far as I can see there are not a single normal fish in the deep sea sets :shrug_confused:

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes and unwanted from my side :enough:

I agree totally with you:thumbup:.

Does anyone know if there is a thread on eurobricks where people show their animal collection?

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh:
I am starting to suspect that the printing (mostly the eyes) are the reason why animals are so expensive for the designers to include in sets. Animals like the crab are much more common than e.g the lobster. The old rat was in a lot of sets, the new one with eye-print is rare. If that is right then the animals without print should cost the same as any other brick in the same size. Then it is strange that as far as I can see there are not a single normal fish in the deep sea sets :shrug_confused:

Seems reasonable, the animal moulds probably are complicated to print ... but that rather makes me wonder why so many are turning up in BAM towers.

No *normal* fish? The hammerhead, great white, stingray and anglerfish would like to have a word with you about what is ‘normal’ ...

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

Seems reasonable, the animal moulds probably are complicated to print ... but that rather makes me wonder why so many are turning up in BAM towers.

The BAM is rather expensive per part so probably worth it for Lego to add printed parts :classic:

39 minutes ago, williejm said:

No *normal* fish? The hammerhead, great white, stingray and anglerfish would like to have a word with you about what is ‘normal’ ...

Hehe, sorry was not very clear, what I meant was the standard small Lego fish :laugh: Why did they not include a shoal of those :wacko:

64648.png

@cebelicamya can not remember seeing one :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Hehe, sorry was not very clear, what I meant was the standard small Lego fish :laugh: Why did they not include a shoal of those :wacko:

There are 2 types of lego fish?:oh: Is this a new color that you posted?

Hmm :look: I would love to see people's animal collection.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

64648.png

That's because they're all going to be in Monkie Kid. One set has 5 or 6.

@Roebuck where’s that azure fish from? The only blue one I’ve seen/have (not the orange and black) is the light blue one that came in TLNM CMFs most recently.

Am I right in thinking the ‘normal’ fish has now been produced in nine colours? Pearl grey; flat silver; Sand green; orange; black; light blue; azure; and spring green? 

@cebelicamya For some reason I can not quote your post *huh*
No, that fish and of course other fish like sharks.. No, not a new colour..

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

That's because they're all going to be in Monkie Kid. One set has 5 or 6.

Hehe, they could have put a few in the middle of the ocean as well I think :tongue:

32 minutes ago, williejm said:

Am I right in thinking the ‘normal’ fish has now been produced in nine colours? Pearl grey; flat silver; Sand green; orange; black; light blue; azure; and spring green? 

No and yes :wink: The colours are right, but that only adds up to eight not nine:classic:

It looks like the Chihuahua mold is back in one of the Hidden Side sets. Pic quality is bad, but it looks like it's in reddish brown.

Edited by K_Tiger

On 4/26/2020 at 1:33 PM, K_Tiger said:

It looks like the Chihuahua mold is back in one of the Hidden Side sets. Pic quality is bad, but it looks like it's in reddish brown.

Is the shark in a new colour in HS as well? Not that it is much use to me with that crazy head-print :wacko:
There is a fish in an unusual colour in a ninjago set, but I think it is the same as in the DC CMF :shrug_oh_well:

The rendered shark *looks* sand blue, but I'm not certain of it. Yeah, the conjunctivitis around the eye printing is a let-down, especially after they went and gave us a tan crocodillian. The whole wave looks phoned-in.

Edited by K_Tiger

The relatively new to 2020 Yellowish Green fish is in the Ninjago Skull Dungeon.

Edited by TeriXeri

On April 25, 2020 at 1:04 PM, williejm said:

Makes me think...if you could attach a hook to it, the Lego fish in some of the brighter colors might actually make an effective lure. Has anyone ever tried it?

It looks like Harry Potter is  getting a transparent glittering otter and hair animals. Like the patronus stag from last year's set.