Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

26 minutes ago, williejm said:

Right, so ... that means from what we have and are expecting, the following exist as ‘not natural coloured animal moulds’: stag, hare, otter and rabbit. Seems odd to me that these won’t show up *somehow* in natural colours, and given the animals that they are, perhaps something like a wildlife ranger city sub theme could use all of them... 

i live in hope.

Me too :sweet:

Just now, Robert8 said:

I hope that shark with ghostly green eyes wont be included in a City set or National Geographic will have a word with TLG

That must be the Hidden side shark :hmpf: I am sure they would never include that in city or similar themes, Just look at the great white shark and the pig, they changed the eyes of them to include them in city and pirates :wub:

Just now, williejm said:

There are some odd inconsistencies with the moulds we are getting leaked. Stingray and great white look *so* accurate, the hammerhead has the old ‘evil eyebrow’ printing, and the anglerfish and now this HS shark seem different again.

i wonder if there’s more going on with the Nat Geo thing being separate to the standard city line? Would explain the difference between hammerhead and GWS realness. 

That is a good point :thumbup:
The hammerhead looks the same as the normal shark (I do not mind the eye to much) so consistent in that way, but the GWS do definitely look much more realistic..
To me it is:

1. HS shark and similar no thank you
  2. normal shark that is OK
  3. GWS yes please that is perfect

I still assume the hammerhead, normal and GWS to come in the same wave of city sets, but maybe they do not :wacko: Strange indeed *huh*

21 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I hope that shark with ghostly green eyes wont be included in a City set or National Geographic will have a word with TLG

HS submarine set only I’m sure.

When it comes to the monkey (a point I made on Pirates forum) it isn't just the mold, but the assembly process. To build the monkey on a scale for widespread distribution you need assembly machines to be reconfigured in multiple production facilities across the globe. This requires a significant budget to do.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

There was rumored to be a Hidden Side set that had a shark, and this one looks to fit the bill. Pretty disappointed, though.

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

There was rumored to be a Hidden Side set that had a shark, and this one looks to fit the bill. Pretty disappointed, though.

It’s a HS submarine set, the set numbers and titles leaked a while back 

Didn't even notice that the Great White doesn't have those dumb angry eyes until it was mentioned (didn't look at the eyes closely because I just kinda assumed it would have them). That, along with having the dual color body, puts it miles ahead of the last large shark. Now if that was only the norm...

The new mould for the Otter patronus has leaked for Harry Potter. It looks quite large like the hare, larger than some lego dogs I think but it would be good to see it with natural colours in a set at some point. Hopefully the moulds aren't just designed for transparent plastic but are compatible with other types of plastic that Lego use as well. 

15 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It looks quite large like the hare, larger than some lego dogs I think but it would be good to see it with natural colours in a set at some point.

It should also be bigger than some Lego dogs, since it is bigger in real life. However no stud is strange when the hare got it, it looks like the hare is to big, but the otter is fine.. Easier to know when we get them beside minifigs..

18 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Hopefully the moulds aren't just designed for transparent plastic but are compatible with other types of plastic that Lego use as well. 

Do not think that is a problem :sceptic: The question if when and if Lego will include them in "normal" colours, would be such a waste if they do not :wacko:

New leaks show how the otter mould scales to minifigs and it looks the perfect size for a potential CMF :thumbup: Can‘t think of too many archetypes this would be suitable for except for a zookeeper... Maybe a male counterpart to S5‘s female zookeeper?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

New leaks show how the otter mould scales to minifigs and it looks the perfect size for a potential CMF

Indeed! It really looks great, and could be suitable for all kinds of mustelids…:wub:

Now I'm dreaming of having a white version of it in a future CMF, with a Renaissance lady like the one on the Da Vinci painting!

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

New leaks show how the otter mould scales to minifigs and it looks the perfect size for a potential CMF :thumbup: Can‘t think of too many archetypes this would be suitable for except for a zookeeper... Maybe a male counterpart to S5‘s female zookeeper?

Yes looks great :thumbup: A fisher maybe :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Indeed! It really looks great, and could be suitable for all kinds of mustelids…:wub:

Well I would say it is too big for e.g. the ferret :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

Now I'm dreaming of having a white version of it in a future CMF, with a Renaissance lady like the one on the Da Vinci painting!

You can have that after we get it in the natural colour :tongue:
Still no deer :wacko:

Great! Now I have this strange image in my head of the otter in white, with a rubber harness and leash, being walked by this fancy socialite fig.

Just now, Roebuck said:

Still no deer :wacko:

Our best shot at the moment is a revival of the Forest Police subtheme :shrug_oh_well: Last time we got some brown bears out of it, so if they brick it back, there‘s plenty of moulds ready to be used :oh:

Ha love the obscure reference to a Da Vinci artwork as a CMF suggestion, even if the animal in question is actually a (land-loving) stoat/weasel, not a water-dwelling otter.

I'm surprised we have yet to see the patronus deer yet in its natural colour, seems like an obvious and easy choice.

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

Great! Now I have this strange image in my head of the otter in white, with a rubber harness and leash, being walked by this fancy socialite fig.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

No problem! :laugh: And I'd love a deer too...

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

:laugh: ...sorry!

15 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

even if the animal in question is actually a (land-loving) stoat/weasel, not a water-dwelling otter.

I know...But I find that the shape of the otter mould could be used for other mustelids as well (with the size issue raised by @Roebuck)

51 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Ha love the obscure reference to a Da Vinci artwork as a CMF suggestion, even if the animal in question is actually a (land-loving) stoat/weasel, not a water-dwelling otter.

I'm surprised we have yet to see the patronus deer yet in its natural colour, seems like an obvious and easy choice.

You mean ermine/ferret. When a stoat's fur becomes white it is an ermine. Ferrets are one of the few weasel species that have white as a normal fur color, rather than being albino.

In any event, I was referring to an obscure bit of animation (from the 90s, I think) that had a richly dressed woman walking an albino otter on a leash. I have no clue what the scene was from, but the art reminded me of Aristocats.

Add me to the camp that hopes the National Geographic tie in continues and we get these animals in ecology/education themed sets.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, Gobias1234 said:

Add me to the camp that hopes the National Geographic tie in continues and we get these animals in ecology/education themed sets.

The National Geographic tie has been around from jungle sets in 2017 so it looks like it is here to stay :wink:
https://brickset.com/article/28952/lego-teams-up-with-national-geographic-to-inspire-kids

It usually mean new animals so I am all for it :sweet:

Likewise the City Arctic sets from 2014/2015 also had a partnership with Nat Geo Kids around the same “explorer/research scientist” themes.

I'm very excited for the stingray! Has an owl come with wings spread before? Looks like an HP polybag 30420 will have a snowy owl with wings spread - I haven't seen that before.

7 hours ago, Raystafarian said:

I'm very excited for the stingray! Has an owl come with wings spread before? Looks like an HP polybag 30420 will have a snowy owl with wings spread - I haven't seen that before.

No it is new :sweet: Hopefully it will come in several colours in other HP sets..
So far the polybags have been really good regarding animals this year :wub:

The city diver sets have leaked!
From what I can see we get:
The GWS (that are going to be expensive :wacko:) comes in the biggest set with the huge ship in addition to a stingray
The anglerfish comes with 2 crabs in a set

A small 4+ has the hammerhead shark

The second biggest set has a hammerhead, stingray and a crab.

So no single set with a lot of animals , but a lot of variety among the sets. Maybe we get a retailer exclusive with more animals :shrug_oh_well:

The stingray is bigger than the photos show and minifigs can hold on to the backside on either side of the tail